Twitter: Jerry: "We are closer than those championship game zeroes show"

fivetwos

Reaction score
Amazing we have fans who say with 4 minutes left that call cost the game. There was still much to play.
Additionally, no one ever questions why Romo threw deep on 4th and 1.

If they get the catch, and score on the next play or two....Rodgers still beats them.

They didnt stop him when they turned the ball over on downs, but they would have after they scored.

Ok.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually you are still wrong, during that 3 year period they had some great receivers give their view I believe Jerry Rice was one of them. The CC then revised the rule so the 2 catches in question would going forward be catches, at the time by the letter of the rule they were not catches, you can whine all you want but again you are incorrect. The only agenda is your false one against NFL and ref bias against the Cowboys. Because they change the rule it doesn’t alter what happened in the past, there I made it easy for you to understand.
No, you are wrong. They had changed the rule previously to counter some of Calvin Johnson's questionable catches. Some opposing teams cried, so they made a change. When Dez made his catch, it was correctly ruled a catch but overturned during review (which they got wrong) because they said Dez did not secure the catch THEN make a football move (2 steps) to solidify a catch. 3 years later, the NFL Review Board unanimously agreed that the review officials in New York got it wrong! It was a catch and should have been accepted as a catch as initially called on the field. Yet, once again, them New York review officials had to side against the Cowboys (not the first time they've done it and got it wrong). They are supposed to be the best of the best since they are the review officials, so there is no excuse for repeatedly getting calls wrong against the Cowboys. If you can't see the agenda, you're either blind or hard headed to the point of siding with the wrongful officials just to be part of the group who believes there is no bias against the Cowboys.

Then you are the type that complains that Jerry-led teams are simply not good enough to reach a Super Bowl when you refuse to realize WHY they can't get far in the playoffs when the Cowboys have to play against an opposing team AND the crooked officials.

Flamma

Reaction score
The officials getting in Charlie Waters way when Franco scampered in for a TD. And the Int call on Barnes.

And SB X was our worst SB team that era. We had miss playoffs year before. Totally rebuilding with our famous Dirty Dozen draft . Roger took the first Wild Card team to SB. Steelers were no doubt the better team. Amazing we had a shot in the end.

I remember those plays now. I still think Dallas made too many mistakes in that game. It was SB X I thought we should have won. I don't care if they were a wildcard. They played good enough to win on that day.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
We have a 1 in 32 chance of pulling off a SB victory this year: Jerry likes those odds.

terra

Reaction score
I agree but it’s not a priority. My suggestion would be to stop showing instant replay over and over again. If the fans don’t see it won’t complain. Lol

Ultimately it’s just not going to be perfectly officiated. That’s always been part of the game. Take care of business which limits officiating effecting outcomes.

If you win or lose 35-0 nobody is blaming officiating. Lol
I guess you did not bother to look at all the calls that went the Steelers way in all of their SBs? Even the ones they lost they got more of the calls.
Hide your head all you want but reality is that the NFL refs are barely good enough and need to be much better.

terra

Reaction score
We have a 1 in 32 chance of pulling off a SB victory this year: Jerry likes those odds.
Depends on the way you figure it. When all factors are considered its about 20-1 for us because of the dead weight of Jerry and company.

Flamma

Reaction score
They changed the rule; at the time of that play, that was the correct call.

The way the rule was written left it up to too much interpretation. The idea behind the rule was for cases when the WR was going to the ground at the same time as the catch. Dez took 3 steps after he caught that ball. It should have been down by contact even back then. But all of the refs didn't know how to apply that rule and that's why it was removed.

That said, there was still over 4 minutes left in that game. It certainly didn't decide the game, but it was a back breaker. How many times do you want to take 7 points off the board and still say they could have or should have won anyway? They're on the road in the playoffs against Green Bay. It's hard enough to beat GB, let alone try to overcome a call like that as well. Even if the Cowboys get that TD, at best they have a 3 point lead, at worst a 1 point lead. The Packers still had 4 and a half minutes left. It didn't look good even with the TD, take it away and forget it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess you did not bother to look at all the calls that went the Steelers way in all of their SBs? Even the ones they lost they got more of the calls.
Hide your head all you want but reality is that the NFL refs are barely good enough and need to be much better.
I guess you missed one of my other post here naming the calls the Steelers got against us and other big games we had calls go against us.

kskboys

Reaction score
Additionally, no one ever questions why Romo threw deep on 4th and 1.

If they get the catch, and score on the next play or two....Rodgers still beats them.

They didnt stop him when they turned the ball over on downs, but they would have after they scored.

Ok.
I do!!!!!!!!! Dumb dumb dumb play.

kskboys

Reaction score
And if anyone doesn't think so, go get a copy of the JAX/NE championship game in 2017. Make sure it's a complete copy so you can see the myriad of calls against Bortles, who kept making play after play only to get them all called back so Brady could win. It was sickening.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Jebbus ........ you do not even know what was happening in the game you are bringing up.

There is not an agenda ........ there is just reality ....... and those teams were never able to get to the next level ...... not because they were "cheated against" or "robbed"

Thats the kind of "cowboy fans" I cant stand ........ those that make excuses instead of being men and admitting we got beat.

If you do not like it "americas cowboy" ..... tough.
My biggest gripe with the catch not being called a catch was that they called a catch for Cobb earlier in the game that literally touched the ground. Literally gave them 3 points before the half. What was the final score again?

The Murray fumble really hurt the team in that game. And lack of pass rush on a one legged Aaron Rodgers.

shabazz

Reaction score
The chances of us leading the league in turnovers is much less than us leading the league in “penalties”

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You can forever be remembered as a god who made the amazing catch to help win the game or you can be remembered as the clown who dropped it when the whole world was watching.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with the catch not being called a catch was that they called a catch for Cobb earlier in the game that literally touched the ground. Literally gave them 3 points before the half. What was the final score again?

The Murray fumble really hurt the team in that game. And lack of pass rush on a one legged Aaron Rodgers.

Do not get me wrong ...... It was definitely a catch ...... My point is that one play did not cost us the game ......

terra

Reaction score
I guess you missed one of my other post here naming the calls the Steelers got against us and other big games we had calls go against us.
You cannot see the forest for the trees. The officials who made bad calls in the SBs never are disciplined. What does THAT tell you?
When you DELIBERATELY do not correct a clear problem, what does that say?