Twitter: Jerry: "We are closer than those championship game zeroes show"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Packers and Steelers got pretty much all the important calls. That is a fact.
Claiming there are not biased officials is to say officials are robots. Which of course they are not.
The Dez catch was the result of the overreaction to the megatron play originally.

The real problem is the NFL's inability to not leave well enough alone. They should have NEVER changed the catch rule in the first place; anyone with a brain knew that once they started to play with it it would get worse and worse. This talk about a football move is so absolutely idiotic.

They will never admit that they have been wrong on this for years; if they had the guts they would admit it and return the rule to what it was 20 years ago.
I’m just not one to have sour grapes over these calls. Whether it’s balls or strikes, personal fouls on the court , interference and holding calls, etc.

When the game comes down to an official determining the outcome it’s not always going to go our way.

My advice. Take care of business and don’t let it come down to a call that could change or influence the outcome.

terra

Reaction score
I’m just not one to have sour grapes over these calls. Whether it’s balls or strikes, personal fouls on the court , interference and holding calls, etc.

When the game comes down to an official determining the outcome it’s not always going to go our way.

My advice. Take care of business and don’t let it come down to a call that could change or influence the outcome.
Upgrade the quality of the refs should be a constant priority. It is not to the NFL.

And to e blunt when most of the calls favor one or two teams in the SB not being suspicious of that is to hide ones head in the sand.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Upgrade the quality of the refs should be a constant priority. It is not to the NFL.

And to e blunt when most of the calls favor one or two teams in the SB not being suspicious of that is to hide ones head in the sand.
I agree but it’s not a priority. My suggestion would be to stop showing instant replay over and over again. If the fans don’t see it won’t complain. Lol

Ultimately it’s just not going to be perfectly officiated. That’s always been part of the game. Take care of business which limits officiating effecting outcomes.

If you win or lose 35-0 nobody is blaming officiating. Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

:hammer::hammer:

jnday

Reaction score
It's not an excuse. It's a fact. Regardless of the points scored overall, that bad call cost the Cowboys the game. Period. FACT.
You can go through that game and find several plays that would have effected the outcome. The league officials have said that it was a bad call and it was. Everybody knew it when it took place, but to say that one play lost the game is excuse-making at it’s best and Cowboys fans already get a bad rap for making excuses, whining, etc.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would someone mind posting these statements by league officials that was a bad call because I remember the call being correct based on the rule.

What they did was try and better establish the rule.

jnday

Reaction score
It's not an excuse. It's a fact. Regardless of the points scored overall, that bad call cost the Cowboys the game. Period. FACT.
Games are not decided by one play. There was multiple opportunities for Dallas to win that game before and after that one play. That is FACT.

basel90

Reaction score
Ouch. Welcome back to training camp, Jerry.

respect clearance for asking this . Jerry is delusional as usual . but at 80 he has to be optimistic and have hope. It is just a sad ending for the jerry legacy and may get worse , 26 + years with no SB or even CCG appearance . This is approaching Detroit and Miami bad . Heck , Cincinnati solved their 30 year drought last year.
Stephen seems to be chummy chummy with palyers and McCarthy, which is very alarming.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No we would have been up by two ...... With Aaron Rogers and almost 5 minutes
So you went from 4 minutes remaining to 5 minutes? You see, this is what I can't stand about some Cowboys "fans". You defend the opposition much more than you do your own supposed team!

BTW, had the Cowboys gone for 2 points and converted, they would have been up by 3 points. Funny how you didn't mention that. Guess it doesn't fit your agenda.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here’s one link I found supporting the officials call based on current rules.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/referee-explains-why-dez-bryants-catch-was-ruled-incomplete/
It's wrong.

3 years later, in 2018, here is what the NFL Rules Committee unanimously came out in full agreement and said...

Here is the story:
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/Football Team/three-years-later-nfl-now-says-cowboys-dez-bryant-did-fact-catch-it#:~:text=The NFL competition committee appears,to Giants owner John Mara.

In other words...I AM RIGHT. YOU GUYS ARE WRONG. COWBOYS GOT ROBBED. PERIOD. FACTS.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you went from 4 minutes remaining to 5 minutes? You see, this is what I can't stand about some Cowboys "fans". You defend the opposition much more than you do your own supposed team!

BTW, had the Cowboys gone for 2 points and converted, they would have been up by 3 points. Funny how you didn't mention that. Guess it doesn't fit your agenda.
Good point cause being down 26-21 it’s very likely the Cowboys would have gone for 2 to extend their lead to 3.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's wrong.

3 years later, in 2018, here is what the NFL Rules Committee unanimously came out in full agreement and said...

Here is the story:
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/Football Team/three-years-later-nfl-now-says-cowboys-dez-bryant-did-fact-catch-it#:~:text=The NFL competition committee appears,to Giants owner John Mara.

In other words...I AM RIGHT. YOU GUYS ARE WRONG. COWBOYS GOT ROBBED. PERIOD. FACTS.

Sure, 3 years later. And then they changed the rules which is an obvious admission. But initially they stated it was the right call according to the rules. Quite a shonda. .

But yea, we can say based on the later ruling and rule changes , we were robbed . Romo could have made our 1st championship game removing the big monkey off his back. Assuming we could have held Rodgers with ample time on the clock,

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Jebbus ........ you do not even know what was happening in the game you are bringing up.

There is not an agenda ........ there is just reality ....... and those teams were never able to get to the next level ...... not because they were "cheated against" or "robbed"

Thats the kind of "cowboy fans" I cant stand ........ those that make excuses instead of being men and admitting we got beat.

If you do not like it "americas cowboy" ..... tough.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jebbus ........ you do not even know what was happening in the game you are bringing up.

There is not an agenda ........ there is just reality ....... and those teams were never able to get to the next level ...... not because they were "cheated against" or "robbed"

Thats the kind of "cowboy fans" I cant stand ........ those that make excuses instead of being men and admitting we got beat.

If you do not like it "americas cowboy" ..... tough.
I'm admitting...we got robbed. Not an excuse. That's a fact. If you don't like it ..... tough.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Give it up Jerry, you never have or never will be a Football Man!! neither will that idiot clown son of yours

Brax

Reaction score
It's wrong.

Here is the story:

Actually you are still wrong, during that 3 year period they had some great receivers give their view I believe Jerry Rice was one of them. The CC then revised the rule so the 2 catches in question would going forward be catches, at the time by the letter of the rule they were not catches, you can whine all you want but again you are incorrect. The only agenda is your false one against NFL and ref bias against the Cowboys. Because they change the rule it doesn’t alter what happened in the past, there I made it easy for you to understand.