Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think he is trying to show Dak he has confidence in him. By not saying he doubts Dak to the open media. However, I still believe that if Dak struggles so much that it causes him to end the season with very poor stats and the Cowboys having a losing season, that Jerry will consider drafting a top prospect QB in the next one or two years.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yep...build around him like:

cs12.jpg

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So what he’s saying is. Garrett’s the problem. Got it

Garrett needs to go for sure. A new headcoach would most likely consider drafting a top QB if Dak isn't the answer. The best chance at a Cowboys QB succeeding whether that's Dak or ends up being someone else if for Garrett to be gone.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Garrett needs to go for sure. A new headcoach would most likely consider drafting a top QB if Dak isn't the answer. The best chance at a Cowboys QB succeeding whether that's Dak or ends up being someone else if for Garrett to be gone.
If we are going to keep Dak next year then the HC and OC need to go. We need to evaluate him with new coaches.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I don’t agree with Jerry about Dak....if Jerry really believes Dak is a franchise QB wouldn’t he HAVE to fire the offensive coaching staff? If you truly believe in the qb, how could you possibly sit back and not change something to help him when he’s struggling this bad? Literally makes 0 sense...just a microcosm of how bad this franchise is run really.

It doesn't matter. You're just scapegoating coaches. There isn't a coach on planet Earth that's going to win anything with a QB who can't throw.

Legend

Reaction score
I was told a few months ago we didn't need a #1 WR. Afterall the Pats never
This sums it up perfectly.

Your offense sucks. It is the "anti-Rams" offense.

So if the quarterback isn't the issue, your head coach and offensive coaches are.

There's not another possible answer.
The issue is a lack of weapons in the receiving corps.

Upgrade that and the opposing defenses have to pick their poison.

Gang up on Zeke and get beat by our WRs/TEs.

Try to stop the pass and get feasted on by Zeke and the OL.

Or get spanked by the running game and passing game if the defense cannot stop either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is bs. If that was the case we wouldn't have that 2016 year that have so many of y'all giddy. Can't switch up things when it's beneficial to your argument. You can of course but it looks bad when we have facts that show what your posting is incorrect.

You don't think it's possible - and very likely - that the league has since figured out what Dak and that offense were doing in 2016?

Or does success once guarantee success always?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Or get spanked by the running game and passing game if the defense cannot stop either.
We need to upgrade the WR's. Nothing but trash out there. But Dak needs to improve with his accuracy. I just see rookie QB's all over the league and they look much better than Dak. This is his third year. He should be getting better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's a load of crap. Each and every receiver on this team - including a several time Pro Bowler didn't "suddenly suck" at the same time. That's woefully ignorant to think that. By you or the owner.

Keep dreaming.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd put a lot of credence into this type of happy talk.

Wasn't Jerry talking really supportive of Wade just before he fired him?

This may be the Hail Mary prayer out in the rowboat just before Fredo was shot.

Or, it could be that Jerry is just drunk again.

:p