Twitter: Jerry: We've got to get that Championship

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No GM keeps his job with Jerry's track record the last 26 years. Even with the 3 early rings he gets a decade, at best, to keep his job.

But since he's installed himself as GM-for-life, and given his son a personnel-director-for-life job, they've earned their criticism over the last 26 years.

No "hate" is required. It's about results, and they haven't produced them.

And what exactly are your complaints this year? None, except the previous 25 years when you did not get a super bowl victory?
Like I said, pretty quiet this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
And what exactly are your complaints this year? None, except the previous 25 years when you did not get a super bowl victory?
Like I said, pretty quiet this year.
Wasting previous 2nd round picks that should be part of the core of our team.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Wasting previous 2nd round picks that should be part of the core of our team.

That's it? Pretty lame. Like I said, pretty quiet this year.

You cherrypick a few 2nd round picks and don't look at the number of huge hits?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t have any problem with him. If I did, I would find another team. That is the way I roll.
Find another team? Is that what fans do and how they hop from team to team becoming Bandwagon fans.

Diehards complain all the way to the bank for better or worse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You do you, bro.
That’s how Cowboys have the most Bandwagon fans in the league is from all over the country of fans who have abandoned their local or regional team over the years.

America’s Bandwagon Team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And winning a championship won’t forgive the last quarter century.

Jethro Jone$ is the worse thing that’s happened to Cowboys football regardless whatever success we briefly had over a generation ago with Jimmy or success we have in the future.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My Christmas morning present to you. Jerry refuses to age any further until the Cowboys win another Super Bowl.

Hey, if I had to go through it, why not my great grandkids? What makes them special?
What’s he’s saying is he’s not standing down even at his age.

As he approaches 80 next year he insist on remaining the GM and face of the Cowboys. Probably until his last breathe.

It’s like our Christmas present from him. And a reminder to those who thought he was taking a lesser role.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has keep it cool most of the season, but lately he's talking a little more...I liked it when he wasn't talking about much. Cowboys are going to the Playoffs, so Jerry's gonna hold court...all I ask is win in the Playoffs before talking SB.
But he can’t help himself. He’s always the master promoter , eternal optimist and wants to place himself in position to take the credit he’s been pushing since parting ways with Jimmy.

And apparently has no plans on stepping away even as he turns 80 next year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s Captain Titanic always the eternal optimistic promoting his product until it crashes.

He’ll promote it even after it crashes. It crashed and burned during the Campo years and he wouldn’t admit it. After every 5-11 season he kept saying he liked the direction the team was headed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’ll promote it even after it crashes. It crashed and burned during the Campo years and he wouldn’t admit it. After every 5-11 season he kept saying he liked the direction the team was headed.
I call that Damage Control. And then finding scape goats. But yea he’s Captain Titanic even on a sinking ship.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s always going to be about overcoming Jethro. He’s our greatest handicap, hindrance and obstacle to overcome.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Find another team? Is that what fans do and how they hop from team to team becoming Bandwagon fans.

Diehards complain all the way to the bank for better or worse.

If I hated the owner as much as some people do here, I would find another team. Nothing to do with bandwagon. If I hate the CEO of a company, I am not going to buy their product and complain online about the CEO and the product. If I hate Musk, I am not going to buy a Tesla and run around badmouthing Tesla and Musk. Just the way I roll.

Your complaints are just a waste of time but I guess it helps you to vent. Whatever.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
We’ve had a couple other teams since our last SB victory that could have, perhaps even should have…I think this team is another. I think we match up well against any team in the league right now. The offense just needs to come back to where it was earlier this year and I believe we can beat anyone.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Oh good. I was worried Jerry would retire. We should be grateful for Jerry…

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If I hated the owner as much as some people do here, I would find another team. Nothing to do with bandwagon. If I hate the CEO of a company, I am not going to buy their product and complain online about the CEO and the product. If I hate Musk, I am not going to buy a Tesla and run around badmouthing Tesla and Musk. Just the way I roll.

Your complaints are just a waste of time but I guess it helps you to vent. Whatever.
We don’t have to support every moving piece to support the sum.

I don’t love and support everything my loved ones do but I still provide advice and criticism when felt it’s needed. Ultimately whether I agree with all of their actions and decisions are still there to support them.

If fans want to follow along with blinders and or not bring any critical thinking to the table that’s their choice but yet they are prepared to criticize those that do.

And we still patronize businesses without agreeing with their way of business much like we still love and support our country while not agreeing with every decision and policy our leaders make.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We can't get no satisfaction in Big D.
I’ll tell you how I’m getting satisfaction. I decided years ago to begin cashing in on our revenue investing in labels that the Cowboys are generating more revenue for. It’s closet thing to getting on the payroll.

If we can’t win championships then I want to share in the profits from the revenue being generated. It’s following my stock brokers advice from years ago to invest in products you consume .

We are #1 in Revenue. Pimp it up Jethro Jone$$$$.