Jerry will never fire Garrett

Flamma

Reaction score
We're kidding ourselves to think Jerry would fire Garrett. I'm as guilty as anyone.

He wouldn't, and he won't. Jerry doesn't have it in him to fire his adopted son. Jerry is all about loyalty, just like a good dog or a mob boss. It means everything to him.

Just look at what Garrett has quietly tolerated during his tenure from Jerry. It would have driven most men completely mad. Garrett kept his thoughts and complaints to himself.

In turn, Jerry will NOT subject Garrett to the shame of being publicly fired.

Instead, he'll step down in an amicable split, iro justjr retire from coaching just like Urban Meyer has done twice before.

Jerry won't paint Garrett as a fired coach. He'll just accept Garrett's decision and thank him with praise

It wouldn't surprise me if Garrett is there in 2020. I think most owners would have fired this interim coach after the 2013 season, yet he still remains.

A few things do give me hope however. Jerry has been more openly annoyed and verbally abusive towards this coaching staff than ever before. He's also not getting any younger and probably wants to see another SB before his ultimate demise. The final nail in the coffin would be the fact Jerry hasn't resigned him yet. That would indicate this season is Garrett's make or break year. That said, I don't know what Jerry expects from Garrett. I'm fairly confident that if Dallas goes 6-10 or 7-9 and is out of the playoffs, Garrett is gone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We're kidding ourselves to think Jerry would fire Garrett. I'm as guilty as anyone.

He wouldn't, and he won't. Jerry doesn't have it in him to fire his adopted son. Jerry is all about loyalty, just like a good dog or a mob boss. It means everything to him.

Just look at what Garrett has quietly tolerated during his tenure from Jerry. It would have driven most men completely mad. Garrett kept his thoughts and complaints to himself.

Instead, he'll step down in an amicable split, iro justjr retire from coaching just like Urban Meyer has done twice before.

Jerry won't paint Garrett as a fired coach. He'll just accept Garrett's decision and thank him with praise
You wanna put some money on that?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Garrett is gone. Can't fire a guy with no contract. Garrett is as done with Jerry as we are.

Praxit

Reaction score
...we are caught in a dysfunctional football family. Who have the priorities all wrong. How the hell we won 3 SB's, under this regime is beyond me. Most likely, lucky when you see it from afar.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There is no need to “fire” Garrett, but clearly if his contract isn’t extended it will amount to the same thing, and Jerry and Jason know that. Getting fired isn’t getting shamed anyway. Belicick’s been fired. Nick Saban was fired. The risk of getting fired goes with the territory as a head coach at a high level.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jerry crying in support on national TV and cussing out radio hosts in defense is all the proof you need that Jerry has no intention of firing Garrett, not at the end of the season, and not 10 years from now.
:lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao2:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He will be fired the day the season is over. Garrett will working for another club next year or not but Dallas will move on as usual.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He will be fired the day the season is over.

Who are you kidding?

Jerry will string us all along until Super Bowl week wondering. He will then leak some big names coming in for interviews during the middle of that week to keep all the talk about his team :muttley:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Who are you kidding?

Jerry will string us all along until Super Bowl week wondering. He will then leak some big names coming in for interviews during the middle of that week to keep all the talk about his team :muttley:

That does sound like Jerry. :muttley:

yimyammer

Reaction score

:rolleyes:

The Dallas Cowboys are the North Korea of football

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Honestly, what difference does it make as long as he's not coaching in Dallas?

fivetwos

Reaction score
So you're speaking semantically then?

I despise the idea that ten years were just wasted that arent ever coming back, but I dont need Garrett to be publicly humiliated either, and no, I don't expect Jerry to do so.

Just leave.