Jerry will never fire Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Dec 8, 2019.

1. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,955 Messages
    4,705 Likes Received
    I don’t think it’s ever been about emotion. The players simply don’t buy the process anymore, nor that Garrett knows what he’s really doing. Does he really do anything? In other words, they don’t really respect him as a head coach who’s a winner. And he’s not. He’s average as his record shows and a failure against winners, and hence his sucky playoff record. If Garrett exhibited emotion it would make no difference. It reminds me of an old Fresh Prince Clownius episode where a clown was complaining that he never a got a chance or people didn’t like him and that’s why no one thought he was funny. But when he did get that opportunity, he still was no good. Will just turned to him and said, “Look. It’s not that people don’t like you. It’s just you suck.”

That’s all it is.

glimmerman likes this.
  2. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,400 Messages
    20,052 Likes Received
    Tank? Isn’t that what we are doing? This team won’t win another game.

camelboy likes this.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,408 Messages
    43,390 Likes Received
    That's not it.

Players never buy into a coach on a one-year deal. They know he's a lame duck and doesn't have a say in their future anymore. It's human nature.

Before, players always played hard for Garrett. That's one thing you could never question about him.

glimmerman likes this.
  4. TWOK11

TWOK11 Well-Known Member

2,218 Messages
    6,043 Likes Received
    Does it really matter? He's not gonna be the coach next year all the same.

NeonNinja likes this.
  5. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Zone Supporter

5,208 Messages
    4,116 Likes Received
    He even lowered the bar. Now Garrett only has to reach the NFCCG. Not Super Bowl now. This guy really wants Garrett around, or shall I say an extension of himself.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  6. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,955 Messages
    4,705 Likes Received
    Which only proves he sucks. That was his whole schtick: that players play hard for him when his and their backs are against the wall. If he wanted to get an extension all he had to do was go out and prove it. That’s the way winners are made. They rise when the pressure and competition rises. Just like Michael Jordan. Garrett hangs around Johnson or Belichick or Krzyzewski, but he isn’t them, and you can’t be them by osmosis. You can still have people play hard for you and not know what you’re doing. You’ll end up losing most of the time.

He just doesn’t know what he’s doing.

7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,408 Messages
    43,390 Likes Received
    Unless they magically make it to the championship game.

Jerry really, really doesn't want to do this. It will change HIS life immeasurably.

He's miserable right now.

8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,408 Messages
    43,390 Likes Received
    Neither will the next guy.

Parcels quit because of Jerry. That's all you need to know.

9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

45,299 Messages
    45,205 Likes Received
    Who cares?

If Garrett is gone who cares how it happens?

10. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

10,955 Messages
    4,705 Likes Received
    Parcells stopped coaching for a number of reasons. His contract was up.

11. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

3,085 Messages
    7,078 Likes Received
    You should ask them. When you do, be prepared to dodge the knives and axes being thrown at you.

12. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

18,678 Messages
    43,703 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Lol. Speaking for myself and many other Zoners, Garrett's done in Dallas. If it weren't for the awful state of the NFCE, Jerry would have fired Garrett a long time ago.

13. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

583 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    I think we all now expect Jerry to let Garrett not get fired. Frankly should have never been the coach with how his offense was struggling under Wade.

Jerry has hired many soft coaches over the years and hope the next one will hold the players accountable.

14. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

5,195 Messages
    8,444 Likes Received
    i doubt he would have......Garrett has been given way to many lives

15. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

2,917 Messages
    4,332 Likes Received
    The decision is now Stephen's to make and he looks more than ready to move on. Jerry is not firing Garrett but Stephen is not going to give him an extension which how this thing is going to unfold.

16. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

14,324 Messages
    22,474 Likes Received
    This eludes some people.

17. camelboy

camelboy mgcowboy

4,358 Messages
    2,520 Likes Received
    I think you have a point ... since I hate losing to eagles and skins, I rather think we tanked than put "effort" and lost

:cool:

18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,239 Messages
    6,170 Likes Received
    Jerry was never firing him. He's like a son, and this is a family business. He'd never get the Wade treatment because there's not another adopted son on the staff to take over.

And Jerry is panicking now because I doubt he ever had any post-Garrett plan. Jerry's plotted for Garrett to be his boy here since the late 90s, and in 2007 he finally got to realize his dream. He's terrified at the prospect of a non-family portrait member coaching this team.

I'm not even convinced Garrett is gone. Play well in that home playoff game and Jerry might still keep him.

mrmojo likes this.
  19. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

12,478 Messages
    12,641 Likes Received
    Jerry looks for a son instead of a HC, ... his kids must really reject him .

20. sdfidaho

sdfidaho Well-Known Member

835 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    My choice is Meyer, but the Cowboys could do a lot worse that Rivera