Jerry, you are dead to me and I protected you through the Landry debacle

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by richzre, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

32,693 Messages
    8,736 Likes Received
    I am pleased to see you go.

tecolote, knightrider94, Nova and 4 others like this.
  2. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

32,693 Messages
    8,736 Likes Received
    He stood up for people of color.

You are probably the one who should be embarrassed

3. richzre

richzre Active Member

101 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    We will see the back lash tomorrow idiots. This is not over by any means.

4. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,469 Messages
    5,708 Likes Received
    Not this fan (since 1972, for the record), they didn't.

But please, go right ahead and speak for me and everyone else.

CapnCook, Nova, romothesavior and 2 others like this.
  5. flosho

flosho Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    I was disappointed with the kneeling, even before the anthem. It was just falling in line with the protest... against our President.

Kneeling hasn't done anything for "racial justice" but has shined a personal light on the political view of a select few players.

If you agree with kneeling(not the concept of an expression of protest but the actual disrespectful kneeling during the anthem) then at what point will a player again stand for the flag? What point constitutes a success?

When is the last time a few NFL players spent the weekend reaching out to people of inner city Chicago?

Alohawg1 likes this.
  6. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Cowboys Fan since 1949. Zone Supporter

18,464 Messages
    18,635 Likes Received
    I applaud Jones and the rest of the NFL for not allowing the President to dictate how they run their business

7. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,290 Likes Received
    Yes. I view tonight as a positive.

I guess it all depends on what kneeling *before* the anthem means.

Without a doubt some kneel in hatred and I feel sorry for them. Lost souls. Kap was clearly one of them. He did it pouting. The guy had no interest in helping anyone or anything. He's just a lost soul right now...hopefully he can sort it out.

If the proposition is...do we kneel prior to the anthem to convey support for justice and equality...If that is the spirit of it...I kneel and I suspect 95% of Americans and police officers would kneel as well.

Coy, flosho and JoeKing like this.
  8. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,469 Messages
    5,708 Likes Received
    Are you kidding? NFL players (and other major sports league players) are incredibly generous with their money and time, working with the underprivileged in their cities.

9. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

7,469 Messages
    5,708 Likes Received
    What makes you think that, exactly? Since he started kneeling, he donated $1 million to organizations that aid communities in need and has been continuously working directly with inner-city youth at a large number of events. That doesn't sound to me like somebody with "no interest in helping anyone or anything."

tecolote, CapnCook, Nova and 3 others like this.
  10. Fizziksman

Fizziksman BanditHiro

4,124 Messages
    2,116 Likes Received
    dude they guy donated 800,000 dollars to the cause he was protesting and has done outreach to the community...

egn22 likes this.
  11. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

11,922 Messages
    5,919 Likes Received
    I just finished watching Scott Van Pelt, like him or hate him he had some very insightful words on the subject. This country has become very polarized and I will not throw this in Trumps lap only but either way all sides want "total victory" whether its LBGTQ, Blacks, Whites, Conservatives or Liberals the term compromise is no longer in the vernacular, wins are measured by how many people you can shame into silence. I get you are pissed about this but if you are pissed about the compromise you are part of the problem. I was pissed that these spoiled athletes are using the stage of the national anthem to shower us with their message, I found it offensive being a veteran. I thought that the compromise the Cowboys organization came up with was well thought out, I thought it got the message across and it also did not up stage the national anthem. If you are mad about that tell us what you saw as an amicable compromise for all parties involved.

kumizi, Iago33, CapnCook and 3 others like this.
  12. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    They were Tebowing

Vanilla2 likes this.
  13. cowboys1985

cowboys1985 Well-Known Member

429 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    What the cowboys did was a example of exceptional leadership. They came to a mutual understanding to find a way of allowing the players to express their freedom and respect the flag. This was amazing and for those on either sides complaining are just not listening to either side and won't ever.

So to all who still want to cry about what Dallas did, keep crying snowflakes...

14. jrumann59

11,922 Messages
    5,919 Likes Received
    wow a whole 800K out of 16 million. Kaepernick is an uneducated fool that preached one thing while wearing a shirt with one of the most notorious and oppressive dictators of the 20th century on it.

15. jrumann59

11,922 Messages
    5,919 Likes Received
    Agree 100%

16. Fizziksman

Fizziksman BanditHiro

4,124 Messages
    2,116 Likes Received
    lol just lol.

kumizi, calico, knightrider94 and 2 others like this.
  17. jrumann59

11,922 Messages
    5,919 Likes Received
    LOL all you want he started donating the money after the heat he took. He has been trying to back away slowly because he and his GF are morons.

Nightman likes this.
  18. Fizziksman

Fizziksman BanditHiro

4,124 Messages
    2,116 Likes Received
    lol just lol

kumizi, calico, Vanilla2 and 3 others like this.
  19. jrumann59

11,922 Messages
    5,919 Likes Received
    at least you are consistent

20. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

31,418 Messages
    21,655 Likes Received
    Can I have your stuff when you leave?

knightrider94, Nova, MrMom and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.