1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Jerry, you are dead to me and I protected you through the Landry debacle

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by richzre, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windward

windward NFL Historian

17,502 Messages
    3,405 Likes Received
    Protected? Like you were his bodyguard?

2. Alohawg1

Alohawg1 Well-Known Member

4,297 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    Yep, when does it stop? When not a single soul any longer perceives injustices and inequalities? The NFL cannot survive long-term like this, people are seriously pissed off.

haleyrules likes this.
  3. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,448 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with protesting against the president. It's in the US Constitution's First Amendment.

"...the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."​

Nova likes this.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,895 Messages
    47,269 Likes Received
    I'm the biggest critic of the Kaepernickian but I thought the Cowboys were brilliant.

They didn't disrespect the anthem and what it stands for but they gave tribute to people that have died by mistake.

5. Htown-Cowboy

Htown-Cowboy Well-Known Member

263 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    This is total B.S..... What are you talking about? This is why there is such a massive divide in this country! "Black Men" don't get any kinda preference in any Social Services, College Scholarships or Jobs! *** are you getting that information? Other than the blacks you occasionally cross paths with... do you even know any black folks? If you did you wouldn't even type this kinda ish.

Being 53 yrs old, I've had the distinct pleasure of being around a diverse crowd. In all my experiences and what has given me the most optimism... I've seen firsthand what poverty looks like. What that does is it stirs the soul and forces you to be the person GOD intended you to be.

There is no fronting or pretentiousness. You are who you are!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    tecolote and dagreat1_87 like this.
  6. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    I was born in Africa where my father built a hospital and nursing school for natives. A number of years ago I regularly attended a black church in Oak Cliff.... Are you trying to degrade this conversation into who has more black friends? Seriously? Little hint: you won't win that silly and disgusting little game.

If you are open minded to what some black leaders think (those that aren't the handpicked by the media for agenda-driven narratives)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

4,379 Messages
    3,105 Likes Received
    Let it out!!!! I think you're making a strong point that unity is defined by what you want.

iRepDatStar likes this.
  8. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

13,803 Messages
    13,305 Likes Received
    richzre,you are blind to me

9. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

22,068 Messages
    53,288 Likes Received
    But the idea for the entire Cowboys team/coaches of kneeling is just giving Kaepernick more of a smerk. America's Team should not of knelt. They should of ignored the entire political statement. By kneeling, they're showing their entire fan base they are just as political & using the NFL platform to show it.

flosho, haleyrules and CF74 like this.
  10. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

26,201 Messages
    14,680 Likes Received

I'm guessing this was directed more at the gloater in chief than kap.

11. haleyrules

haleyrules Benched

16,060 Messages
    42,877 Likes Received
    This nonsense is spoiling the games and needs to stop. People watch sports to get away from the everyday self serving stupidity of politicians and others with an agenda.

12. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

26,201 Messages
    14,680 Likes Received
  13. flosho

flosho Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    470 Likes Received

Look at the replies. Everyone should realize that chicago and several other cities are dangerous. If a young black athlete wants to make a difference all he would have to do is SPEAK about Chicago and its gang problems. Bring awareness and put pressure on LOCAL politicians to do something.

Then they should go in with the police and talk to the young adults and be a positive male influence. Even teach them how to interact with law enforcement because most of them are have been TAUGHT to be afraid and what these star athletes are saying is not helping the case.

Right now the conversation hasnt gone past a discussion about what kind, if any, protest was made, but doesnt address a solution about what the players are upset about. Sunday was 99% giving the middle finger to the President and the pressure even the athletes that agree with President Trump have to remain silent or be shunned. It will turn into Hollywood soon.

14. haleyrules

haleyrules Benched

16,060 Messages
    42,877 Likes Received
    It seems to me what the Cowboys did was a compromise. They took some mild action but did it in a classy, non offending, way.

15. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

7,620 Messages
    10,867 Likes Received
  16. flosho

flosho Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Or you believe in facts and understand Kaepernick's entire beef was based on over blown hysteria and a narrative that blacks or any minority is specifically targeted and treated more poorly than whites by law enforcement.

17. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

7,620 Messages
    10,867 Likes Received
    if you truly believe blacks are treated with the same respect as whites, you are apart of the problem

18. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,811 Messages
    41,666 Likes Received
    I'm going to give the Cowboys a break. They would have been bashed constantly if they did nothing. This way they still respected the anthem and the flag. It was about the best they could have done.

19. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

9,618 Messages
    4,888 Likes Received
    Kap isn't the perfect messenger, but this can't be said about him. He has put his money and time where his mouth is.

knightrider94 and MrMom like this.
  20. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

9,618 Messages
    4,888 Likes Received
    The idea that he has to donate more than 1/16 of his salary that he earned to mean anything makes you look more foolish than him. I seriously doubt you have donated that much of your income.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.