1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Jerry, you are dead to me and I protected you through the Landry debacle

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by richzre, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,181 Messages
    16,437 Likes Received
    This isn't even addressing my point...

"Hey look, they did it!"

Not a good argument. It's bad optics to use a dictator that goes against the very ideals you are pushing to further your agenda.

2. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

21,405 Messages
    50,793 Likes Received
    Never looked at it like that. You're absolutely right. I'm just glad they won. Couldn't handle yet another loss here in Egals country. Hope those Chargirls get their first win against them on Sunday.

RGV_C_Los, Trouty, Melonfeud and 3 others like this.
  3. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

21,405 Messages
    50,793 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

RGV_C_Los, Trouty and Melonfeud like this.
  4. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    Twerking in the endzone was a penalty this weekend as was OBJ lifting his leg like a dog to pee...Those are 1st amendment rights too...

Jerry came up with the perfect solution IMO...

Coy and mattjames2010 like this.
  5. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

9,593 Messages
    4,872 Likes Received
    Not a good example. Those are against rules. The protests are not.

6. rags747

4,639 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    Exactly. IMO any bs outside of football while in uniform should have been an automatic fine and or possible suspension for conduct detrimental to the game. I want to watch a game, not some bs political protest from a bunch of whiney a ss athletes.

7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

32,402 Messages
    25,858 Likes Received
    Fake outrage at its finest lol. You will still be a Cowboy fan and the NFL and Jerry will continue to accept your money.

CowboyStar88 likes this.
  8. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,181 Messages
    16,437 Likes Received
    Why do people keep saying this?

While ratings, at least last year, wasn't completely on the protest issue - it did have a bit of an impact. It's even more national news, and the Trump fanbase is fuming over this. I certainly believe people are going to tune out now.

This isn't similar to people being made because their team got penalized. This has entered political territory, people will be tuning out.

9. rocyaice

32,402 Messages
    25,858 Likes Received
    There are a bunch of people protesting around the country. Some are protesting because Kapernick doesn't have a job as well. The NFL has managed to P off a lot of people......but I think most of all.....no one cares about anyone protesting the NFL because people are kneeling for the flag. Either you will watch or you won't. The NFL is arrogant about their product and confident in it.

EST_1986 likes this.
  10. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

9,593 Messages
    4,872 Likes Received
    I wasn't agreeing with you.

EST_1986 likes this.
  11. rags747

4,639 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    Well u still have time.

dueyhemlock and flosho like this.
  12. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

16,898 Messages
    17,551 Likes Received
    I've had people who don't even like football or watch it outraged... Like okay you're outraged got it. They just want to be outraged

Melonfeud and rocyaice like this.
  13. rocyaice

32,402 Messages
    25,858 Likes Received
    There are some people who are like that. Simply miserable people. You tune in to watch football.....6 years ago they didn't even air the national anthem......if it truly bothers you don't tune in or tune in 5 minutes after start time. Its very simple. I don't get it.

14. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

16,898 Messages
    17,551 Likes Received
    I posted the pic and story with a caption that said "BEFORE" and "AFTER" the anthem on FB and these same people who were outraged didn't even bother to read the caption and just went off until I had to point it out yet again. Only to get well "I didn't even bother to read it". Okay so shouldn't you read to know if you should be outraged? Silence... Turned into well I don't know why these news casters go all in blah Tru... Blah Blah.. Tru..blah mp... Blah blah blah...

My response? Why do you care? Just don't watch the news simple. Watch some investigative journalism or something else.

It boggles my mind

Melonfeud likes this.
  15. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

4,743 Messages
    4,355 Likes Received
    Is that as embarrassing as reading drudge?

Not sure what the point you’re trying to make is

16. SacredStar

SacredStar Well-Known Member

3,601 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    If it really bothers you that much, why not just ignore the games? Why make a thread about it and call attention to yourself? Whatever is really bothering you has to be much deeper than a team/owner showing what you thought was disrespect. You may want to seek some professional help to find the underlying problem. I hope you're ok bud.

17. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

32,973 Messages
    8,998 Likes Received
    Short lived.

News of the day on Drudge is that you can't round up enough horrible people to screw millions out of health care.

So no worries about how the protests play!

tecolote likes this.
  18. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,061 Likes Received
    You don't read Drudge

Melonfeud likes this.
  19. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

20,958 Messages
    31,998 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao2::lmao: