Jerry's Arrogance Knows No Bounds, And His "All In" Comment Fooled Many

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
However, I believe things are being done for a reason and that reason will reveal itself as the off-season drags on.

The lack of not only trying to get better, but at least maintaining the same level of talent is very telling.

Do not ever listen to what Jerry says, but pay attention to what he does.

Loso86

Reaction score
However, I believe things are being done for a reason and that reason will reveal itself as the off-season drags on.

The lack of not only trying to get better, but at least maintaining the same level of talent is very telling.

Do not ever listen to what Jerry says, but pay attention to what he does.

I feel like JJ said it and Stephen pulled him back. SJ cheap arse is running things

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I feel like JJ said it and Stephen pulled him back. SJ cheap arse is running things
Sometimes I get the feeling Stephen is really the one pulling the strings now.

He lets his old man get out and say whatever he wants to the press, hides his cringes whenever money is mentioned.

Then behind closed doors, when the coaches think the greenlight is given.... "Woah, woah.... don't you touch that bank account!"

75boyz

Reaction score
Creeper mentioned it in another thread and it really sounded like a Jerry type move to me.

And that is that all of this non activity could be truly intentional to ultimately hire Belicheck as HC for 2025.

Think about that type of publicity.
It might sound kinda twisted right now but I wouldn't put it past ol' Jerry.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I agree with this 100%.......something serious is going on. I mean the way they are handling this so far makes no sense. IF I didn't know better, I would say they are having some serious issues with Dak and Todd France. I mean what if Dak refuses to even discuss an extension unless it starts $60M and Jerry and Stephen are thinking $55M? Dak would rather bet on himself. Can they be thinking fine but we can't put a competitive team around you. Let's see what happens if we replace free-agent starters with bottom-feeders and a few draft picks. I know I'm rambling here a bit but this is weird.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I agree with this 100%.......something serious is going on. I mean the way they are handling this so far makes no sense. IF I didn't know better, I would say they are having some serious issues with Dak and Todd France. I mean what if Dak refuses to even discuss an extension unless it starts $60M and Jerry and Stephen are thinking $55M? Dak would rather bet on himself. Can they be thinking fine but we can't put a competitive team around you. Let's see what happens if we replace free-agent starters with bottom-feeders and a few draft picks. I know I'm rambling here a bit but this is weird.
IF they are having issues with Dak and France and they are just losing talent and letting other teams swap up the replacements because Dak is holding things up then that is completely ludacris on the Cowboys part. That would mean that Jerry and Co are more willing to let everything pass them by this off-season to get a deal done with Dak? I can't buy that. I just can't. That would be another level of stupidity. A level that even I couldn't see Jerry allowing happen.

I think that if Dak was in the plans there would be an effort to, at the very least, maintain the same level of talent around him. We're not seeing that at all. We're seeing even more nothing than we're used to.

leeblair

Reaction score
"All in" was just a sales pitch that Jerry used to buy time.
He knows fans are fed up, but I'm not sure he knows just how fed up we are. By buying time he has had time to see how the market played out, and he's probably hoping to grab some bargain basement names and convince fans that there is substantial change happening.
But we all know that if he doesn't change quarterbacks, nothing changes.
He's buying time and hoping to create excitement while not having to make that move.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is the only logical reason for their inactivity I believe.
problem:
Jones/Logical
dont bet your life on this because they could clearly not be "All in" and sign Dak to an extension..along with CD and Micah...Logical moves would not have led us to this point.."We cant do anything thier agents wont call us" whats logical about that?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That would mean that Jerry and Co are more willing to let everything pass them by this off-season to get a deal done with Dak? I can't buy that. I just can't. That would be another level of stupidity. A level that even I couldn't see Jerry allowing happen.
If this is case, I'm not they are doing to get a deal with Dak done as much as letting him see if he can STILL with w/o them filling free agent replacements with quality players coz he refuses to help via fair negotiation. If he does his value goes through the roof. If not and our season starts tanking, they will bench him for Lance.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
By all I he meant dak and Mike will be fired if they don’t win

What’s our cap situation anyways m

Maybe just Mike will be fired

Hey liek dak 9-8 floor

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If this is case, I'm not they are doing to get a deal with Dak done as much as letting him see if he can STILL with w/o them filling free agent replacements with quality players coz he refuses to help via fair negotiation. If he does his value goes through the roof. If not and our season starts tanking, they will bench him for Lance.
We'll see how this plays out, but if Dak receives an extension at this point the dark cloud that is our off-season so far will get much darker.

RS12

Reaction score
People still fall for the "African prince" email too. You can fool some of the people all the time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would blame Jerry Jones for every world problem if I could, but he did NOT mean that comment the way people took it.

Listen to the clip if you haven’t.

Maybe this will encourage him to talk less. I have a feeling he may be avoiding the media a bit more as we move along.

I actually hope he doesn’t. I want him to thoroughly embarrass himself before it’s all over.