Jerry's Arrogance Knows No Bounds, And His "All In" Comment Fooled Many

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is the only logical reason for their inactivity I believe.
THIS or get a hard answer/solution BEFORE the draft. This way if they know it's NOT going to happen, you have to trade him before the draft. Otherwise, they are left with only two options........pay him what he wants OR watch him walk w/o any compensation ( like the Commander did with Cousins).

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have absolutely ZERO idea on how to build a team capable of winning it all.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is 81, no way someone that old is making sharp cognitive decisions. Look at our two presidential candidates, it's dumb and dumber.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll see how this plays out, but if Dak receives an extension at this point the dark cloud that is our off-season so far will get much darker.
Right now it is a dark cloud.
If the extension happens, it becomes a mushroom cloud.

At this point, just designate him a June 1st cut. As playing on a one year deal in his last year, and they can't sign any payers to even field a decent team.
Start Lance or a drafted QB. Let them compete. It will spark fan excitement.

The lame duck season takes on an entire different meaning for lame duck. Dictionaries will need to be revised.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I tend to believe most of the first day free agent signings are overpays. It seems like the rest of the league has changed though. They are being aggressive to fill a hole or two early in free agency and then look for value.

What is frustrating for Dallas is they have a new DC. Say what you want, but Quinn was good. Zimmer is going to prefer different type of players. I think it is safe to say we don't have the linebackers or DT that will be able to run his new system how he wants it.

On offense, we appear to have a real big hole at LT. While you may agree it may not be good business re-signing Smith to a large deal. Good luck trying to get comparable play from a JAG or even a first round draft pick. Same thing with Pollard. He was really average last year. That should have been expectant coming off an injury. He will probably be better next year. Not signing him is probably the right move but again Dallas wants to run the ball better. In a weak RB draft, is reaching for a RB and signing a backup really going to get us to rush the ball better?

I would have felt much better if they struck first on on of these players and then looked for value. We are in a position where we have a ton of spots to fill and limited draft picks. Another bad draft this season, and things will look real bleak. Show me a team with two bad drafts in a row, and I will show you a team on the downward spiral.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Right now it is a dark cloud.
If the extension happens, it becomes a mushroom cloud.

At this point, just designate him a June 1st cut. As playing on a one year deal in his last year, and they can't sign any payers to even field a decent team.
Start Lance or a drafted QB. Let them compete. It will spark fan excitement.

The lame duck season takes on an entire different meaning for lame duck. Dictionaries will need to be revised.
I would do all I could to have him accept a trade somewhere before I just outright cut him. I would extinguish all options I could to receive some kind of return for him.

If nothing works then I'm letting him go.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
IF they are having issues with Dak and France and they are just losing talent and letting other teams swap up the replacements because Dak is holding things up then that is completely ludacris on the Cowboys part. That would mean that Jerry and Co are more willing to let everything pass them by this off-season to get a deal done with Dak? I can't buy that. I just can't. That would be another level of stupidity. A level that even I couldn't see Jerry allowing happen.

I think that if Dak was in the plans there would be an effort to, at the very least, maintain the same level of talent around him. We're not seeing that at all. We're seeing even more nothing than we're used to.
Jerry has put all the talent around him as he can. I hope he's now going to see what he can do with a lesser team like most of the other qb's have to play with. If that's his deal, I'm all in. Let's go Cowboys 2025. New coach, QB and team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We'll see how this plays out, but if Dak receives an extension at this point the dark cloud that is our off-season so far will get much darker.
I agree but what's odd, from my understand his extension isn't needed cap, they can find $50M easily if they want to sign some decent free agents.

dacoming

Reaction score
However, I believe things are being done for a reason and that reason will reveal itself as the off-season drags on.

The lack of not only trying to get better, but at least maintaining the same level of talent is very telling.

Do not ever listen to what Jerry says, but pay attention to what he does.

It's obvious that they don't care about the fans or winning...the bottom line to them is making money and if they get lucky and win the SB It's a bonus. Bringing back McCarthy should have been the indicator. Next they'll overpay for Dak, who either has a mental block or is content taking the money. Even if they fire McCarthy after the season, they already have another coach in mind versus conducting a real search...the same mistakes they always make.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This offseason has been an absolute cluster-cuss. I can’t believe they have some kind of grand strategy or are somehow going to stick to their guns with Dak.

They appear to be shellshocked and reactionary. They are making it up as they go along. They aren’t active in FA —bc they don’t see it as a viable way to build a roster.

They are overvaluing the guys they have on the roster, putting their eggs in the draft basket, and are 100% focused on signing Dak.

They want him locked up long term, and their inactivity in FA is all about keeping dollars available to get a deal done with 4.

When it happens they will celebrate and fist pump each other and try to sell us on the extension being a huge “addition” to the team—- while everyone here knows we will now be paying more money to lose in January than we did last year

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do not ever listen to what Jerry says, but pay attention to what he does.
I seriously can't believe how many thought ALL IN meant the Cowboys were going to be big players in free agency. And manipulate the draft so they could end up with 3 first rounders and on and on.

Literally no one on the team said anything about the Cowboys making those kind of moves.

bewp7

Reaction score
jerry is get CRUSHED on twitter

people are sick of him i hope this keep up let him feel the heat

i want it to get ugly

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
jerry is get CRUSHED on twitter

people are sick of him i hope this keep up let him feel the heat

i want it to get ugly
ugly will be signs in his house..the only way to hurt Jerry is hit his ego on national TV....