Jerry's Arrogance Knows No Bounds, And His "All In" Comment Fooled Many

bigE79

Reaction score
However, I believe things are being done for a reason and that reason will reveal itself as the off-season drags on.

The lack of not only trying to get better, but at least maintaining the same level of talent is very telling.

Do not ever listen to what Jerry says, but pay attention to what he does.

If anyone actually believed him,I suggest you lay off the booze and wacky weed...lol

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think Jerry just babbles because he has diarrhea of the mouth and he really didn't understand how his comment was going to be perceived which is why he has been backtracking on it non-stop ever since. I think in his dumb brain he just meant those in the building are going to be 100% dedicated to winning. They never had any intent of bringing in any FAs. Plus Jerry is the biggest creature of habit ever. I'm sure in his mind, after seeing how it went last year he is going to just try to trade for guys again because the salaries worked out better. But you can't always add a Cooks or Gilmore for cheap. You CAN always sign free agents. it's just time to retire and take your whole family with you

chicago JK

Reaction score
They are not trying to tank. They just think they are smarter than everyone...despite not winning anything for 28 years. It is amazing that you can still think you are the smartest people in a room...but here we are.

I guarantee you they know they needed a RB. They just thought most would be still around a week or so into Free agency. Like usual they are behind the trends.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
However, I believe things are being done for a reason and that reason will reveal itself as the off-season drags on.

The lack of not only trying to get better, but at least maintaining the same level of talent is very telling.

Jerry is an incompetent idiot of an owner. He is the sole reason why we haven't been to the superbowl. Teams like Green Bay without Rogers, Detroit and even Houston will make it to the Superbowl before we do.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Most people here knew nothing would be different

Bloggingtheboys is just hurt because they are his biggest cheerleaders, and he left himself umdefendable

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well, you all were pretty sure you knew Jerry and considered an extension a sure thing here...........correct? :omg:
The old man is MAD and his version of all-in means exactly that for the coaches and players.
Go all-in and succeed and keep your JOBS without any new upgrade on the talent scale and lesser talent in some cases.
Sink or swim and let's see who will be floating at the end of the season?????????????
Old man is fed up and good for him at least he's showing some tough love.............for once instead of pampering the bums!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yyyaaaawwwnnnnn....what were you expecting? Jeez! You talk doom and gloom 24/7 and then act hurt when Jerry proves you right. I thought you would be dancing around saying, I TOLD YOU SO....

phildadon86

Reaction score
I would blame Jerry Jones for every world problem if I could, but he did NOT mean that comment the way people took it.

Listen to the clip if you haven’t.

Maybe this will encourage him to talk less. I have a feeling he may be avoiding the media a bit more as we move along.

I actually hope he doesn’t. I want him to thoroughly embarrass himself before it’s all over.
I’ve listened to the quote. And no matter how anyone tries to spin it. He said “all in” “not planning for the future” and “other players”

So yes. He lied to all of us.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yyyaaaawwwnnnnn....what were you expecting? Jeez! You talk doom and gloom 24/7 and then act hurt when Jerry proves you right. I thought you would be dancing around saying, I TOLD YOU SO....
I don't have to tell you I know what I'm talking about, Ranch.

I'll let you hate on me while I just keep being right.

That's much sweeter than "told ya so's".

75boyz

Reaction score
Jerry has put all the talent around him as he can. I hope he's now going to see what he can do with a lesser team like most of the other qb's have to play with. If that's his deal, I'm all in. Let's go Cowboys 2025. New coach, QB and team.
Exactly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ve listened to the quote. And no matter how anyone tries to spin it. He said “all in” “not planning for the future” and “other players”

So yes. He lied to all of us.
I suppose it’s a matter of interpretation, but from the first listen I didn’t take as if they were going to be aggressive in free agency.

I think it meant that they wouldn’t not push dead money into later years in order to keep status quo. As in…they won’t get worse.

Not arguing with you on it and certainly not defending this front office. They deserve every bit of what’s coming and it’s shameful that they didn’t see that the last few years was the open window.

Redline360

Reaction score
The fans who continue to latch onto these comments and believe the lies he talks every year are the ones who continue to pack the stands and buy jerseys.

Unfortunately that is the vast majority of fans as this site and its posters would be a spec of the overall fanbase

I will stand the ground and say if it wasnt for Jimmy putting everything in motion for "America's team" and what came forth, Jerry would argurably be one of the worst owners in football ever

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Agree but what was their excuse for inactivity the last 2 years before this?

The aquisition of players either "post their prime" or "off the couch" has been going on for years now when the nfc has been historically WEAK.
We've done nothing at all though.

Literally nothing.

Not even "past their prime" or "off the couch" guys.