Jerry's made it clear, this is Moore offense

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't he design, develope the offense, and its game plan.
I was being sarcastic.

He may or may not design the offense - he could be asked to work within an existing offensive scheme, although naturally he would have his touches on it, or it may jut be installing an offense that somebody else designed, again, with his own touches. He also instructs and oversee offensive players and coaches, maybe leads film sessions, is in charge of offensive practices, although assistants may do most of the coaching, develops the game plans, and he may or may not call the plays depending on who the head coach is.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
In fact, he has Moore reporting directly to him.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ett-status-message-to-Kellen-Moore-128676192/

The Hall of Fame owner is so hellbent on seeing the infusion of new concepts into the playbook that he wants Moore to let him know if there's any resistance.

"I've said this to [Moore]: I want those new ideas," Jones said with a smile. "I want them fought for until the glass breaks. Squeal. Holler. If they're not being implemented, call me, but let's get in here and do the kinds of things we do to get the most out of a very talented roste
So much for not being a meddling NFL Owner. This has not worked for 25 years. The formula for NFL Championships is stability at Ownership, leadership and stability at Head Coach, leadership and stability at QB. That's what the Cowboys were with Murchinson, Landry, and Staubach. That's what the Cowboys were with Jones (Owner only 1989-1994), Johnson, and Aikman. Leadership must be at the Head Coach level and not the Owner level. That is why Landry, Johnson, and Parcells were successful building, maintaining, and winning. Tex Schramm and Clint Murchinson never messed with the playing field that was Tom Landry's domain. Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells stood up and would not let anyone mess with the playing field. Now, for 25 years we have had the Owner and GM as HC and that has delivered sub par to mediocrity and no Super Bowls.

Moore relationship with Jones sounds like Grumpy Grandpa and his favorite spoiled grandchild versus Moore's other 1st cousins. That is not a NFL Championship Football team leadership chart.