Jerry's message to the fans: Look for the positives

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on his message to Cowboys fans that aren't excited about how the season has started: "Look for the positives. Look for us to be improving. ... I'm interested in building toward the crescendo of getting in the playoffs, and then being a much better team than we are today when we get to the playoffs. I think that's what you're seeing.

"If someone had come to you before the season started and said, 'Would you rather us struggle a little bit during the season, or knock it out of the park during the season and lose early in the playoffs?' There's no question everybody would say: 'Man, have a little less season and a little more playoffs.'"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones said:
Look for the positives. Look for us to be improving. ... I'm interested in building toward the crescendo of getting in the playoffs, and then being a much better team than we are today when we get to the playoffs. I think that's what you're seeing.

If someone had come to you before the season started and said, 'Would you rather us struggle a little bit during the season, or knock it out of the park during the season and lose early in the playoffs?' There's no question everybody would say: 'Man, have a little less season and a little more playoffs.'"

PDmJLBr.gif

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Jerry is trying to stay relevant without flat out saying "we're quietly rebuilding", but that's what the actions indicate.

Adjust your expectations accordingly fans. Those hanging on to hope that something miraculous will happen this season are going to have a bad time.

So yeah... Don't let the negatives beat you up. Enjoy the positives where you can.

Steve007

Reaction score

Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on his message to Cowboys fans that aren't excited about how the season has started: "Look for the positives. Look for us to be improving. ... I'm interested in building toward the crescendo of getting in the playoffs, and then being a much better team than we are today when we get to the playoffs. I think that's what you're seeing.

"If someone had come to you before the season started and said, 'Would you rather us struggle a little bit during the season, or knock it out of the park during the season and lose early in the playoffs?' There's no question everybody would say: 'Man, have a little less season and a little more playoffs.'"

LOL, The Cowboys haven't had a little more in the playoffs in 30 years. The last three years the Cowboys have been knocking it out of the park during the season and then lost early in the playoffs. The new strategy is struggle during the season and they will be better in the playoffs? Just Jerry selling snake oil.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
The funny thing is I heard alot of zoners say this exact same thing. Blah blah 12 wins don't matter I'd rather be a wild card and gel at the right time. Now Jerry says it and people will crap on him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a child, Jerry Jones' father and mother dressed him up, slapped a bowtie on him, stationed him at the family grocery store front door, and had him greet entering customers. Jones made certain he treated tipping customers EXTRA special.

Someone. Anyone. Tell me. How has his approach towards paying customers changed over 70+ years?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

look for the positives, because I want to make sure the stadium is sold out and make sure jerseys are sold. forget the actual results of the team. just find that needle in the haystack.

JERRY YOU ARE FIRED

CWR

Reaction score
I been doing that for a long, long time.

When you win 12 games 3 straight years and are UNWILLING to make a final push, it gets harder to see positives.

It's frustrating.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Positives

1. Jerry is 80 and a heavy drinker.
2. Stephen is 60, fat, and a heavy drinker.
3. the NFC east usually sucks so we will always have easy games.
4. Most smart fans are against the Jones's and are no longer believing their con jobs.
5. I have fun mocking the lapdogs.