Jerry's worst nightmare

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Jerry’s biggest nightmare is letting go of Garrett and then seeing Garrett win a Super Bowl with another team. Seriously I think that is what keeps Garrett here. If that happened everyone would blame our lack of success 100% on Jerry.
Garrett isn’t getting hired anywhere else as a HC.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Just curious. How do you know what Jerry’s biggest fear is? Are you his therapist? I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but it is odd for someone to speak/write so definitively on someone else’s psyche as if they are in position to do so yet they have never even met nor talked to the person. I get the concept of speculation but you presented this as a known fact... that’s just odd to me.
Everyone’s a know it all on these type sites. Just say, in my opinion.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I don't want this to sound like an endorsement for Jason Garrett, because it's not. But if you think Garrett never gets another HC job you obviously have never heard of Hue Jackson. There are a bunch of incompetent owners out there. Worse than Jerry, even.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
[QUOTE="NorthwestDallas40, post: 8887792, member: 7476" only ]Regardless of what happens Saturday, Garrett is not getting fired. Sadly. But you don’t go 10-6, win 7 of last 8, and the division, and get fired.[/QUOTE]
Our only hope then is for Garrett to win back to back super bowls.........Jerry has no problem parting ways with that coach, huh Jimmy

visionary

Reaction score
Sadness aside, your point should be seriously considered since Jones has invested a lot in Garrett. A wild card loss or divisional loss or conference championship loss will not get Garrett canned in Jones' eyes in my opinion.

However, a Super Bowl loss could. If the team could mount a serious postseason run and fall just short, Jones' narcissism would feel self-justified in adopting an 'any one of a number of coaches could take this team back to the Super Bowl and win it this time' approach.

No one should laugh. He has done it before.

:laugh:
I hope you don't seriously believe this
First all Garrett is not making it to the SB
But if he does, Jerry is not firing him even if he loses 100-0 . Garrett makes jerry comfortable and that is the number 1 qualification for him

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d like to agree with you but I’m not sure.
He’s already been offered two other HC positions.

No one expects anyone to have much success with Jerry. This was Parcells worst stop.

The Cowboys are a graveyard for HC’s. This is probably as good as it gets. Garrett’s going nowhere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone who expects the Cowboys to return to the Super Bowl with this dysfunctional organization needs to put the bong down.

Jerry always finds a way to screw it up. Like E said he’s riding high now with the Cooper move but we’ll bundle contract signings, etc in offseason to somehow screw it up . Lol

This team isn’t as great as some fans think.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This was the Cowboys greatest turn around to make the playoffs in franchise history. No success in the playoffs is necessary for Garrett to remain here.

Will there be some noise if we flop. Of course but several scapegoats are in place if needed.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
This was the Cowboys greatest turn around to make the playoffs in franchise history. No success in the playoffs is necessary for Garrett to remain here.

Will there be some noise if we flop. Of course but several scapegoats are in place if needed.

Yep, Garrett is hear to stay for a while. The turnaround this year has cemented that.

And if we're one-and-done, it's easy to blaming the coordinators or the players, so Garrett is safe.

But in the tiny chance JJ does let him go for some reason, I think he could get another HC job in the NFL, no question. As much as I think we can do better, he's probably at least average.....there was some real garbage HCs in the NFL the last 5 or 6 seasons, HCs who made plenty of mistakes. Finding a good HC, it's harder than it sounds...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
3-5 to 10-6 earns him the right to at least finish out his contract ( 2019). Only problem if you fire Linehan, not many quality OCs wanna work for lame duck coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, Garrett is hear to stay for a while. The turnaround this year has cemented that.

And if we're one-and-done, it's easy to blaming the coordinators or the players, so Garrett is safe.

But in the tiny chance JJ does let him go for some reason, I think he could get another HC job in the NFL, no question. As much as I think we can do better, he's probably at least average.....there was some real garbage HCs in the NFL the last 5 or 6 seasons, HCs who made plenty of mistakes. Finding a good HC, it's harder than it sounds...
We could do better if Jerry wasn’t here.

cnuball21

Reaction score
At least if we fire Garret we already have a viable option on the roster in Richard.

kskboys

Reaction score
no matter what happens in the playoffs I want linehan and his boy wonder moore gone. this offense has no imagination at all. we need to move cooper around more to get him open. teams know how to defend him and have taken away the deep routes that he was running the last three games. need more crossing routes instead of just running deep routes and curls routes. on some of the replays yesterday you could already see at the snap what the passing routes were going to be.
Do we even run slants and crosses any more?

I was watching for it yesterday, and saw it yet again. The receivers simply running at the DB and then turning around.

Seriously, how is this OK?

kskboys

Reaction score
Not a chance
That is the wet dream of a Garrett groupie
Only they would think Garrett has any shot at a SB
Not sure how you can conclude this. JG has one very good attribute, the players play hard for him. So, can you really not see him be an OK coach w/ good coordinators? Our D is good now w/ Richard, why would you think the same thing couldn't happen on O w/ a good OC?

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
"Garrett would never get another job" is purely a creation of these message boards. He has a winning record over 8 seasons and the team is clearly a much better team than when he took over **cough Wade Phillips cough**.

People may not like the fact, but there aren't many of those types around in a league that is going to fire a third of its head coaches this month.

You think the Garrett record makes it a sure bet he stays, regardless of the outcome on Saturday? I'm not so sure.

Personally, I think a coach who had won 62% of his regular season games, taken his team to the playoffs 9 out of 12 years (only 2 losing seasons), loss in the conference championship game 3 times and won a Super Bowl would be safe during a down season. Ever hear of Mike McCarthy?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The opening line is Dallas -2 1/2 which means Seattle is like favorite.

Usually home team even if pickem game is a 3 point fav.

I said the other day I’d be all over Seattle with 4 or 5 points but the oddsmakers senses Seattle is going to win this game as I do as well.

I’ll need at least 3 points to take Hawks . But no way I’m taking Dallas.

Last edited: