Jesse Holley: Dear Jerry Jones: Blow it all the way up

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect Jesse Holley is still upset over the fact that he was let go. Blowing up the team all the way would only set things back for many years. It's doubtful that Jerry would see fit to do that, although, he's already making it a slow death, as it is. There's just no solution with this FO in charge! It's fairly obvious that anyone with good sense might do a better job of running this team. Unfortunately, that scenario doesn't exist with the Cowboys.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I don't think they need to blow it all up. They just need to get out from under Daks contract. You can't pay to keep or get players when you're dud starting qb is sucking up half the salary cap by himself. Dak is a good player but he is not great. He is not good enough to win without players around him. And yes I know that every qb needs players around him, but some more than others. Dak is in the more category. I had this argument with my dad the other day. He said that Mahomes has/had a ton of talent around him. I asked, "Who"? He has had Travis Kelce and at one time, he also had Tyreek Hill, but he has never had a great running back or a great offensive line or a great 2nd receiver. He has had Kelce and Hill and that's it. Meanwhile Dak has had Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Dez Bryant, Zeke, a loaded offensive line with multiple all pro's every year. He has had good to great TE's, good to great 2nd wr's. He has literally had some of the best offensive talent Dallas has ever had and he can't get it done. I am NOT saying Dak sucks but isn't good enough to warrant the money he is being paid and we won't get to the promised land with him sucking up the salary cap.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I really thought they might cede some power to McCarthy when they hired him (like they did with Parcells) because he had a Super Bowl on his resume. But they seem to be treating him the same as they did with Garrett.
Yep. Choosing Mike Nolan as DC didn’t help.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't imagine blowing something up coming off the most successful 3 year regular season stretch in 30 years. However, they also haven't done anything.to build on that either.

Personally you go all in, if that doesn't work I guess you consider it.
I suppose we would need to define "most successful". The GB loss this year was certainly the MOST embarrassing loss I can remember in 30 years (admittedly not a sharp memory!).

For me puts a huge asterisk on your "most successful" evaluation.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect Jesse Holley is still upset over the fact that he was let go. Blowing up the team all the way would only set things back for many years. It's doubtful that Jerry would see fit to do that, although, he's already making it a slow death, as it is. There's just no solution with this FO in charge! It's fairly obvious that anyone with good sense might do a better job of running this team. Unfortunately, that scenario doesn't exist with the Cowboys.
Wallowing in "mediocrity and playoff embarrassment" isn't much better.

I am amused that people are SO certain that "blowing up" automatically results in destruction for "many years".

Rayman70

Reaction score
Both of those guys have mental issues.
they really do. Id would never want my team in the hands of either guy. They luv the sound of their own voice too much and just listen to how condescending they are. They feel they are smarter than everyone else.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This dude had one career catch as a Cowboy and now he's a public figure for them?
he had 1 difference making big catch. THATS IT. I agree. Its crazy how many former players for us take full advantage of the Culture, while slamming.....THE CULTURE!!! Its the pot calling the kettle black. Thats the entire reason he has a show. He made 1 catch. The guy is a farce. But hey, I must tip my hat to him. He capitalized on it. Like a true Dallas Cowboy. lol Jeff is just a bizzare weird dude. Very snide. He doesnt understand the draft. He wanted us to draft the tiny TCU safety Ladarius whats his name a few years back in rd 2 lol and the kid can't even get on the field and is on his way out of the NFL. Yeah, Jeff is THAT guy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must have hated Jimmy Johnson in 1989.

Your problem is that you are limited to two dimensional thinking. Either that or you are just being contrarian to take another dig at the fellow fans you despise so much.
Wow, talking about despising someone, I simply answered back to another opinion with my opinion.
Are you not taking a dig at me. At least I made a comment about the topic. I guess this is your one dimensional thinking.

I loved when Jimmy was announced the coach, how did you get I hated him?
I was living in South Florida at the time. And everyone told me, wow, you guys got a fantastic coach.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry might believe that lame duck status makes people work harder and overachieve if you will. This is only my speculation.
its exactly what he means by all in. Yep. Crazy backward thinking by Jerry and son. This league still requires enough good players to win meaningful games, which in reality, we haven't had around here since 2016.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The smugness and arrogance of the owner knows no bounds. Thinking they can simply replace guys with UDFA's and jags...draftees. Its not how you build a true team. That said, if we get lucky and find a stud rb, we can actually overcome the defense.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't think they need to blow it all up. They just need to get out from under Daks contract. You can't pay to keep or get players when you're dud starting qb is sucking up half the salary cap by himself. Dak is a good player but he is not great. He is not good enough to win without players around him. And yes I know that every qb needs players around him, but some more than others. Dak is in the more category. I had this argument with my dad the other day. He said that Mahomes has/had a ton of talent around him. I asked, "Who"? He has had Travis Kelce and at one time, he also had Tyreek Hill, but he has never had a great running back or a great offensive line or a great 2nd receiver. He has had Kelce and Hill and that's it. Meanwhile Dak has had Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Dez Bryant, Zeke, a loaded offensive line with multiple all pro's every year. He has had good to great TE's, good to great 2nd wr's. He has literally had some of the best offensive talent Dallas has ever had and he can't get it done. I am NOT saying Dak sucks but isn't good enough to warrant the money he is being paid and we won't get to the promised land with him sucking up the salary cap.
The Cowboys didn't spend money on free agents even when Dak was playing on his 4th round rookie contract for four years. So what makes you think they would suddenly start changing their ways once they are out of Dak's big contract, one way or the other?

Nothing around here is changing until the Jones boys change. You have to try and improve. They've had months and months to decide what to do with Dak's deal and they decided to do nothing. Cap space is not a myth, but it's way more manageable than the Cowboys want the fans to think. The Saints enter almost every offseason in proverbial "cap hell" yet they still manage to make more moves than Dallas.