Jesse Holley: Dear Jerry Jones: Blow it all the way up

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm not a quitter. I was raised way differently. I know so many who quit on their team, and they are the same way in life. Very sad.
Wrong....changing direction when something isn't working IS NOT quitting. Quite frankly it's the opposite of insanity. What sucks worse than having to change, is regret...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wrong....changing direction when something isn't working IS NOT quitting. Quite frankly it's the opposite of insanity. What sucks worse than having to change, is regret...
Yeah, winning 12 games and making the playoffs 3 years in a row is insanity?

Crazy. You've lost it.

stiletto

Reaction score
You know squat about standards by wanting to lose intentionally.
Lie.. never said I WANT to lose. I just said I wouldn't mind losing if the team was growing into something special. See 1991. You just pull stuff out of your rear to make you feel better about your lack of knowledge and mediocre thinking.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lie.. never said I WANT to lose. I just said I wouldn't mind losing if the team was growing into something special. See 1991. You just pull stuff out of your rear to make you feel better about your lack of knowledge and mediocre thinking.
Calling a threepeat 12-5 seasons, plus playoffs, a failure is truly a lack of knowledge and mediocre thinking.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes if it means the team is progressing. Right now going 12-5 every year without any chance of playoff success is a fool's errand. After a certain sample size it should be obvious things need to change. There's no progress and the team reached its' apex as currently designed.
What is more foolish are the fans wanting to not make the playoffs in fear of doing nothing. They rather miss the playoffs while rebuilding that may not happen.

Give me the playoffs and see what happens from there. Instead of always being miserable by not making them.
We have fans on here openly omitting to wanting to lose and to fail.

stiletto

Reaction score
What is more foolish are the fans wanting to not make the playoffs in fear of doing nothing. They rather miss the playoffs while rebuilding that may not happen.

Give me the playoffs and see what happens from there. Instead of always being miserable by not making them.
Would never root to lose but Rome wasn't built in a day, takes some broken eggs to make an omlet, all that. With Dak it is rinse and repeat, good season followed by lackluster playoff showings. Multiple years and he's getting worse at it come playoff time. Those are just obvious facts. I prefer not to be embarrassed like that every year. Gotta try to get better results somehow. The last 3 seasons have been fool's gold.

khiladi

Reaction score
Who is Jesse Holley?

A nobody. Guy sucked as a player. Career backup who was lucky to make it to the pros, but he wants to give Jerry advice?

Jerry needs to listen to the likes of Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Darren Woodson, etc.
Should have listened to Darren Woodson and Aikman from 2016-2018 and we wouldn’t have been in this mess.

Surfguy

Reaction score
The "pay three guys all the money" model doesn't work. Or, does it? It doesn't work in Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry and his kid blowing it up helps nothing.

They need to fall on their faces and be forced into the Parcells route or it won’t matter.
I really thought they might cede some power to McCarthy when they hired him (like they did with Parcells) because he had a Super Bowl on his resume. But they seem to be treating him the same as they did with Garrett.

Verdict

Reaction score
Totally disagree.
I am not bashing you, but I would really like for you to elaborate on your school of thought. What the Cowboys are SAYING and what they are actually doing, so far, appear to be very different things.

Unless the Cowboys really have some super secret master plan, they appear to either be about to tear it down and start over, OR keeping their options open about a complete tear down OR they plan on having young guys start and have the draft of a lifetime.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah, winning 12 games and making the playoffs 3 years in a row is insanity?

Crazy. You've lost it.
I agree that 12 wins is significant. But we got our butts handed to us in the playoffs. You would expect that if the Cowboys plan to win more games than last year some sort of significant improvement will have to be made that comes from guys not on the roster right now.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

You must have hated Jimmy Johnson in 1989.

Your problem is that you are limited to two dimensional thinking. Either that or you are just being contrarian to take another dig at the fellow fans you despise so much.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Who is Jesse Holley?

A nobody. Guy sucked as a player. Career backup who was lucky to make it to the pros, but he wants to give Jerry advice?

Jerry needs to listen to the likes of Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Darren Woodson, etc.
Holley is like a football god. I also follow his financial and love life advice.