Jesse Holley: Dear Jerry Jones: Blow it all the way up

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who is Jesse Holley?

A nobody. Guy sucked as a player. Career backup who was lucky to make it to the pros, but he wants to give Jerry advice?

Jerry needs to listen to the likes of Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Darren Woodson, etc.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If the Cowboys traded away all three guys they would be winless next season and irrelevant. Jerry would never do that.
They would also be stoked with high draft picks to replenish their talent.
Those three guys would probably get us five to six first round draft picks some second and third round picks.
You could trade away three guys with cap busting contracts get rid of all their negative relatives that tweet BS against our team.
Those draft picks would totally rebuild the team probably be able to get 10 impact players on rookie contracts fix all our holes with young players and have money to fill in the other spots in free agency

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Do it ---DO IT !!!!

The big cap hit is Dak. If they don't think he's the guy, don't pay him.

But that's a separate issue from Ceedee and Micah. We're going to want some good players going forward. Both Ceedee and Micah are good candidates for a top dollar contract.

Micah would be my top foundational piece. He's everything but a DB, much like Woody was everything but a dlineman. We should have built the defense behind *all* that he can do at LB and DE, instead of playing him at DE most every down.

If they're going to spend a top dollar contract on a WR, then spend it on CeeDee. He's elite, he's here, and he's got no red flags that I'm aware of. But WR is not a position I want to spend cap on. I'd be shopping CD.

Going forward, I most want to spend on Micah and Tyler.

Another guy I'd listen to trade offers on - Diggs. I'm not a fan of spending so big on WRs and CBs. Don't know what we could get in trade coming off of injury, though.

Another guy I'd listen to trade offers on is Bland. Love the player, but last year was Peak Bland. No team should be stupid enough to throw outs on him anymore.

I'd even listen on Martin. Maybe the best G of all time, but G is just another position I don't want to spend my top dollars on.

LT, C, 3T or Nose, S, Edge.
Keep the QBs coming and only pay big money when you hit on an elite one. Run them in the meantime, since you don't have tons of dead cap at risk from injury.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They would also be stoked with high draft picks to replenish their talent.
Those three guys would probably get us five to six first round draft picks some second and third round picks.
You could trade away three guys with cap busting contracts get rid of all their negative relatives that tweet BS against our team.
Those draft picks would totally rebuild the team probably be able to get 10 impact players on rookie contracts fix all our holes with young players and have money to fill in the other spots in free agency
The likely hood of those 5 or 6 picks to be as good as 3 all pros in their prime is unlikely. Maybe you trade Dak because it has been 8 years of non playoff success but you have a no trade clause so there is not much you can do. You’re playing Madden if you think the Cowboys should trade Parsons and CeeDee. Two 25 year old All-Pro players at the top of their positions.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The likely hood of those 5 or 6 picks to be as good as 3 all pros in their prime is unlikely. Maybe you trade Dak because it has been 8 years of non playoff success but you have a no trade clause so there is not much you can do. You’re playing Madden if you think the Cowboys should trade Parsons and CeeDee. Two 25 year old All-Pro players at the top of their positions.
If you can get potentially three impact players maybe four for each one of those guys you're bound to hit on some of them and sure some of them won't pan out. But it's just playing the numbers the way the league is set up with the cap you pay three guys and you can't afford anybody else good to put around them so you struggle unless you have Superman at quarterback only but so many of those guys around.

I'm not saying it is the plan or a foolproof plan but filling the team with young talent on their rookie contracts is a plan and we've tried everything else I wouldn't be against this if they did it

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If you can get potentially three impact players maybe four for each one of those guys you're bound to hit on some of them and sure some of them won't pan out. But it's just playing the numbers the way the league is set up with the cap you pay three guys and you can't afford anybody else good to put around them so you struggle unless you have Superman at quarterback only but so many of those guys around.

I'm not saying it is the plan or a foolproof plan but filling the team with young talent on their rookie contracts is a plan and we've tried everything else I wouldn't be against this if they did it
Why would you trade two all pros at the beginning of their primes for a bunch of picks that could become Judey, Becton, the LSU guy who we would have drafted if CeeDee did not fall. Let’s just say we hit on 4 of the 6 picks. Two are on the Tyler level and two others become LVE (All Pro until neck injury) You rather have those guys instead of CeeDee and Parsons. :huh:

stiletto

Reaction score
What's the matter with you? You'd rather watch losing seasons that end up with no playoffs? What's wrong with this whole board? Acting worse than Eagles fans.
Yes if it means the team is progressing. Right now going 12-5 every year without any chance of playoff success is a fool's errand. After a certain sample size it should be obvious things need to change. There's no progress and the team reached its' apex as currently designed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes if it means the team is progressing. Right now going 12-5 every year without any chance of playoff success is a fool's errand. After a certain sample size it should be obvious things need to change. There's no progress and the team reached its' apex as currently designed.
Totally disagree.

stiletto

Reaction score
Totally disagree.
So you just think magically that the current team/QB as constructed is just going to change its stripes and perform lights out come playoff time? How many chances are you going to give them? What if they did it 3 more years in a row? great regular season by following up with eggs in the playoffs? Unlimited chances? You love getting embarrassed in the playoffs every year? Don't have such "low" standards.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who is Jesse Holley?

A nobody. Guy sucked as a player. Career backup who was lucky to make it to the pros, but he wants to give Jerry advice?

Jerry needs to listen to the likes of Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Darren Woodson, etc.
Well it’s obvious the team is multiple years away and a Dak contract pretty much locks us into what we’ve been doing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So you just think magically that the current team/QB as constructed is just going to change its stripes and perform lights out come playoff time? How many chances are you going to give them? What if they did it 3 more years in a row? great regular season by following up with eggs in the playoffs? Unlimited chances? You love getting embarrassed in the playoffs every year? Don't have such "low" standards.
I'm not a quitter. I was raised way differently. I know so many who quit on their team, and they are the same way in life. Very sad.

Shannon1

Reaction score
They won't even fire the coach because they'd have to pay him not to be there. They aren't doing that anymore than they'll move on from Dak and absorb a $95 million dead cap hit. They want something for their money..thus...2024.
45 million cap hit if he plays out his contract