Jesse Holley - Micah Parsons Probably The Most Selfish Player On The Team?

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
I mean where's the proof that Parsons doesn't want to play LB because he'd have to do more work?
Proof, like Parson's signed an afidavit attesting to it and posted it on his fb page, or someone has him on tape saying it? Asking for "proof" is absurd.

Reactions: CWR

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of you guys are not paying attention.

Jesse is 100% on point. Micah is a very selfish character. There is a reason in Year 3 he is still not viewed as a leader/captain.

Days before a playoff game he makes an offhand remark about joining another team? The context clues are there about what Parsons is. Good to great player, but intangibles are lacking.
Him making that comment really rubbed me the wrong way. Had a bad feeling heading into the game after he said it, and the defense imploded. Going into the season, I thought he would become the face of the franchise. Now, I'm not even sure if he is worth the baggage.

If we pay him, and keep Dak, we're looking at roughly $90m tied up in a QB that falls apart in big moments and a pass rusher that disappears when he's needed the most. I don't see any way to spin that into a winning recipe, and that's not even accounting for the fact that the locker room is fractured. What a mess.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I love the truth and I don't care who tells it! I've never liked Jesse Holley, but I agree with what he said and I'm glad he said it.

Now it's on Micah to show and prove to beat this allegation, but if he doesn't you still have DPOY candidate every year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I mean where's the proof that Parsons doesn't want to play LB because he'd have to do more work?
I recall Micah saying he put on 10 lbs of muscle so he could play DE FT and better handle the physicality of the position. Then I recall DQ saying not say fast, about playing DE FT.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Micah Parsons career defensive snap alignment​

Defensive Line41.3%81.1%
Linebacker55.2%18.1%
Defensive Back3.5%0.8%

Both years 13 sacks. Curious what this year snap count looked like for him. Doubling his snaps at DE in year 2 did not result in more sacks for him, but increased the team total for sacks from 41 to 54.

nobody

Reaction score
I only watched 3 minutes. I'm not a fan of Jesse Holley, but a lot of what he said in the first three minutes fits the facts. Micah isn't dumb. He just doesn't want to study film because he feels he doesn't have to, but his LB play when he has to drop back shows Holley is on to something. Sadly, Micah isn't built for full-time DE to hold up all season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I only watched 3 minutes. I'm not a fan of Jesse Holley, but a lot of what he said in the first three minutes fits the facts. Micah isn't dumb. He just doesn't want to study film because he feels he doesn't have to, but his LB play when he has to drop back shows Holley is on to something. Sadly, Micah isn't built for full-time DE to hold up all season.
Well he should not have to drop back. He should be blitzing on passing downs. Problem solved.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I love the truth and I don't care who tells it! I've never liked Jesse Holley, but I agree with what he said and I'm glad he said it.

Now it's on Micah to show and prove to beat this allegation, but if he doesn't you still have DPOY candidate every year.
Well he would be going ok if he is a DPOY candidate every year wouldn't he?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Only cowboys fans would complain about one of the leagues best pass rushers, being used for pass rushing.

nobody

Reaction score
Well he should not have to drop back. He should be blitzing on passing downs. Problem solved.
If he's playing LB, there's times where he has to drop back. He's not built to play DE an entire season and we always see his production drop toward the end of every season. Yeah, he gets double teamed, but he's also not physically sized to constantly be a DE and hold up.

So yeah, he should have to drop back sometimes. It's his JOB.

raven55

Reaction score
any one that speaks the truth in dallas is a hater. like they say the truth will set you free. parson is a one trick pony, like he said put him back at linebacker and he's a lost puppy. Now that quinn may be leaving trade him for some draft picks and move on but it's not gonna happen because we don't a a real GM

Chasing6

Reaction score
When Dak is resigned and he will be, we have to figure out how to build a team around him that wins in the playoffs.

The best defense is a great offense that can dominate the time of possession and run the clock out with a lead.

With that being said we need a C, LT and a RB. On D we need a NT and LB. These are just the glaring holes we have.

Who thinks we will be able to fill all of these holes with our current draft picks and cap space?

I don't.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
That's what people do that don't understand the game. Same reason Micah does not want to film study. This video applies half our fan base that either never played football or to lazy to learn how the game is played as a team.

Individuals don't win Championships.

What was Micah's priority coming into the year?

Winning DPOY. Rest my case.
Amen!!!

Wildcat711

Reaction score
If he has to keep playing hero ball, he most likely will.
Sure he's a chance.. don't know what he has to do with anything tho.. we were talking about Micah.

Why does every thread have to come back to Dak?

nobody

Reaction score
any one that speaks the truth in dallas is a hater. like they say the truth will set you free. parson is a one trick pony, like he said put him back at linebacker and he's a lost puppy. Now that quinn may be leaving trade him for some draft picks and move on but it's not gonna happen because we don't a a real GM
*cries like a baby* HATER! Go follow another team! Leave the Cowboys alone! *cries*

:lmao:

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Maybe we can petition the league to only allow opposing offenses to drop back and pass on every down, no RPO stuff either.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's a chance that Parsons can get more receiving yards than Jesse :laugh: