Audio: Jesse Holley talks about Dez's $55k rookie dinner

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
They go to expensive places for the same reason everyone else does. Presumably to get the best quality.

Exactly. To get the best quality. The higher the quality, the less you need to do to it. You don't mix soda and ice in $10,000 scotch. It ruins the quality of the scotch. That's the point.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Knowing the difference between a 50k bottle and MD 20/20 is what separates those with class from the classless?

No kidding.

Not like anyone buying a 50K bottle is doing it because it's "classy".

ftghb

Reaction score
I'll never understand this "tradition". I read a story a couple years ago where the veterans stuck a rookie with a 10k bill, but he didn't even make the team.

just complete buffoonery.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's funny how athletes pretend to have class now that they're rich. I lived in Miami. LeBron was notorious for calling in to the fanciest steak houses, order the most expensive steak, getting it well-done, and having it pre cut into tiny little pieces before he got there. Might as well have went to Denny's.

My point is, these guys wouldn't know the difference between a $50,000 bottle of wine and MD 20/20.

The post of the year ^

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Exactly. To get the best quality. The higher the quality, the less you need to do to it. You don't mix soda and ice in $10,000 scotch. It ruins the quality of the scotch. That's the point.

Learn to Scotch.

Often you open a nice Scotch up with a bit of water.

Also let's continue to judge people based on how they like their food. Because that's productive.

dcstands4

Reaction score
Pouring the Cristal into flower pots? I think if I was Dez i would have pretended to go to the bathroom. Went and paid the bill for my own food and for the few that were not acting that way...and leaving the rest of the bill for those who were just throwing stuff away like pouring cristal into flower pots.

Fun is fun and people taking home food and ordering the expensive thing on the menu is one thing. But WASTING drinks is another I wouldnt have paid for something that someone poured out

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Pouring the Cristal into flower pots? I think if I was Dez i would have pretended to go to the bathroom. Went and paid the bill for my own food and for the few that were not acting that way...and leaving the rest of the bill for those who were just throwing stuff away like pouring cristal into flower pots.

Sounds like the typical idiot of our 21st century. Mann, old school still rules.

Yuma Cactus

Reaction score
CUT HIM IMMEDIATELY!

Oh never mind the Turk paid him (Mr 4th & Long) a visit awhile ago.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
LOL @ blaming Wade for this.

What's next, claiming he's the one who traded for Roy? Probably.

I used to watch most of his press conferences and as I recall at the time Wade was trying to crack down on hazing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb.../wade-phillips-is-no-fan-of-hazing-of-players

"We don't haze and that's it," Phillips said. "I didn't like it when I was in college. We treat our men like men." Phillips addressed the team prior to Monday's practice and said of the issue, "It's not a problem with our football team."

I don't know the timing of the dinner but this very well might have occurred right after he said this. I think this whole situation says a lot about what led to his firing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dez is going to make 50m playing this game if he never gets any better than he is today.
A lot of bitter vets took advantage that day.
But Dez could use the humbling as a rookie.

BTW, I've seen plenty of rich people do things that appear to completely lack tact or taste.
At least many of these football players truly were living the experience for the first time.

FWIW I am never paying for anyone a steak ordered more than medium well. The cow died for nothing if it's cooked more than that, might as well be rat meat if it is charred through.

Anyone who thinks Dez football ability didn't grate on RW11 would be fooling themselves.
Dez was a football star in a football mecca while RW11 was out in West Texas.
The bitterness is real for those guys as I learned at Tech.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Perhaps Dez should offer to take Jesse out to dinner, eat heartily, then excuse himself to visit the restroom, thereby leaving him high and dry with the bill. Seems like there might be possibly something poetically just in that type of payback. Call it karma.

slomoxn

Reaction score
All this about poor Dez. Sean Lee was a 2nd round pick and most likely paid a substantial part of the bill. I haven't hear one peep from SL about this. Way to stay classy. I see a "ME' player in 88.

Not a whole lot to say from the sidelines... And we don't know if he paid anything or not as he is never mentioned. (Lee that is)