Audio: Jesse Holley talks about Dez's $55k rookie dinner

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
All this about poor Dez. Sean Lee was a 2nd round pick and most likely paid a substantial part of the bill. I haven't hear one peep from SL about this. Way to stay classy. I see a "ME' player in 88.

Way to speculate. Beside, the 'ME' player is obviously Jessie Holley. I don't here Dez talking about this.

Wayne02

Reaction score
All this about poor Dez. Sean Lee was a 2nd round pick and most likely paid a substantial part of the bill. I haven't hear one peep from SL about this. Way to stay classy. I see a "ME' player in 88.

What? Did Dez bring this up? How do you see a "ME" player in Dez when he didn't even bring it up?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Because they grew up humbly they don't have taste buds?

I don't see why people are getting so offended. I grew up poor. I grew up drenching steak in A-1 sauce because we'd buy old cuts of meat that were about to be thrown out. But if I'm at a 5-star restaurant with a bunch of rich people, I'm going to make sure I'm consuming everything correctly. It's not just to "look classy" but also to get the full experience. Why would I burn an expensive cut of meat or mix soda in the rarest blend of scotch? I might as well throw my money away. But these guys don't care about throwing money away since they're pouring Cristal into potted plants. Not only that, but they just look like fools for doing everything wrong. They go to the most expensive places to show off their wealth, but then they don't even know how to do it right. It looks foolish. They can't even pretend right.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I don't see why people are getting so offended. I grew up poor. I grew up drenching steak in A-1 sauce because we'd buy old cuts of meat that were about to be thrown out. But if I'm at a 5-star restaurant with a bunch of rich people, I'm going to make sure I'm consuming everything correctly. It's not just to "look classy" but also to get the full experience. Why would I burn an expensive cut of meat or mix soda in the rarest blend of scotch? I might as well throw my money away. But these guys don't care about throwing money away since they're pouring Cristal into potted plants. Not only that, but they just look like fools for doing everything wrong. They go to the most expensive places to show off their wealth, but then they don't even know how to do it right. It looks foolish. They can't even pretend right.

I enjoy a good steak too, but will always have some A-1 by the side. Is that wrong?

theSHOW

Reaction score
Right...he drops at least 7 or 8 per game. Sometimes 9...

leads he team in fumbles last season. Lets root for improvement. If you accept that label of team leader start holding the ball.

What? Did Dez bring this up? How do you see a "ME" player in Dez when he didn't even bring it up?

Way to speculate. Beside, the 'ME' player is obviously Jessie Holley. I don't here Dez talking about this.

it is known that DB brought this to light with the interview and quotes from "Dez" about the players being ******* and how he could have went off on every last one of them and now he is allowed to call the shots.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I enjoy a good steak too, but will always have some A-1 by the side. Is that wrong?

Depends on how expensive the steak is. A good piece of steak for us is probably different than how it is for these guys. These guys can fly to Europe to get a steak cooked personally by the best chef in the world. I'm sure he'd be a little insulted if you poured sauce all over it right in front of him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
leads he team in fumbles last season. Lets root for improvement. If you accept that label of team leader start holding the ball.

it is known that DB brought this to light with the interview and quotes from "Dez" about the players being ******* and how he could have went off on every last one of them and now he is allowed to call the shots.

Right about Dez...there were games that I saw him drop at least 8 balls and fumble 4 times, and that is just one game!

I think I saw another game where he dropped 11 balls and fumbled 12 times! 12 times I tell you!

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Depends on how expensive the steak is. A good piece of steak for us is probably different than how it is for these guys. These guys can fly to Europe to get a steak cooked personally by the best chef in the world. I'm sure he'd be a little insulted if you poured sauce all over it right in front of him.

I try to keep it on the side. But I can't help it. A-1 just tastes good.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I try to keep it on the side. But I can't help it. A-1 just tastes good.

Well, then that's cool. I guess it's more of a matter of at least knowing that some may consider it tacky. You can do whatever you want. I prefer good scotch with one ice cube. People call that blasphemous. The thing that annoys me is that these people try to show off their wealth. They go out of their way to let people know they're rich. Then, to top it off, they do everything completely wrong and just look like a fool to anyone who knows better. At least Jay-Z made an effort to learn how to live like a rich man. Not only does someone look arrogant for throwing their money around, but then they also look foolish for doing it wrong. That's all I'm saying.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
My wife doesn't eat it so I don't get it a lot anymore. Love me some ribeye and I'm not shy about some Worcestershire sauce on it before cooking (lightly) or marinating it some beforehand. Mostly I love it rare to medium rare on the grill with nothing on it generally.

lostar2009

Reaction score
It's funny how athletes pretend to have class now that they're rich. I lived in Miami. LeBron was notorious for calling in to the fanciest steak houses, order the most expensive steak, getting it well-done, and having it pre cut into tiny little pieces before he got there. Might as well have went to Denny's.

My point is, these guys wouldn't know the difference between a $50,000 bottle of wine and MD 20/20.

Md 20/20 ? Lol

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

They go to expensive places for the same reason everyone else does. Presumably to get the best quality.

Sorry they don't eat their food the same way you do.

I go to exp naive places. I'd never get it well done. I used to. I just don't feel the need to judge others that do.

Bluestang

Reaction score
I feel more embarrassed about the team acting like a bunch of idiots at a public place. The part about the older guys ordering the big bottles of cristal and pouring them into flower pots? really? that's how grown men act nowadays?

Speaking from my opinion, Dez's decision to not carry RWs pads had no bearing on the dinner at all whatsoever. Jesse was very adamant that all the rookies paid for the dinner bill, which I believe that it was going to happen if Dez carry those pads or not.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It's funny how athletes pretend to have class now that they're rich. I lived in Miami. LeBron was notorious for calling in to the fanciest steak houses, order the most expensive steak, getting it well-done, and having it pre cut into tiny little pieces before he got there. Might as well have went to Denny's.

My point is, these guys wouldn't know the difference between a $50,000 bottle of wine and MD 20/20.

Meh, new money spending cash for the same superficial reasons as old money.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Tough for me to feel bad for him on this one as he should have just carried the shoulder-pads like every other rookie ever. First round draft picks are always kept in check when they come into the NFL because they've spent the last 8 years or so being told how special they are from recruiters to boosters to agents and everyone else along the way from HS to NFL. Bill Parcells used to make his first round picks bring him water during camp as a way of bringing them back to earth. Roy Williams the player was a bum, and the trade for him was awful, but he was doing what every other veteran of a positional unit would do. Dez wanted to be treated differently and he certainly was.

I don't think the issue was Dez's unwillingness to go through hazing. I think this story illustrates that clearly because if he was just strongly opposed to being "hazed", he wouldn't have footed the bill.

I think the bigger issue is that Roy tried to make Dez his subject and that's not something that sat well with Dez.

They probably could have taped him to the pole, shaved his head funny, or any other sort of goofy stuff they do and it would have been fine.

Not to mention it was Roy, who's whole persona oozed a sense of entitlement and arrogance. Wouldn't shock me if Dez was put off at first encounter.