Jesse Holley: Wade Phillip was sabotaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah and Garrett said the lack of TOs on defense, was because of Rob Ryan, and the reason why his offense was inept..
rob Ryan was inept. the players even said they were confused. that's no secret

khiladi

Reaction score
rob Ryan was inept. the players even said they were confused. that's no secret

Plenty of players said Garrett was inept and you are side tracking yet again. Garrett was also demoted from play calling and Jerry said he wouldn’t touch the offense anymore in 2014.

You can make all the excuses in the want, Garrett BLAMED Ryan for the lack of TOS, which you claim is on the players for Garrett’s offense. And Garrett said it impact HIS OFFENSE.

so continue on with the excuses. It’s all they’re from the horses mouth, whose name is Garrett.. but you failed to understand the point that this has nothing to do with my opinion on Ryan and everything to do with Garrett..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most hilarious thing is. The only real defense against the idea Garrett sabotaging Wade, is the argument that Garrett just isn’t that good of a coach to begin with.

I also find it funny that people can’t give at least a little credence to it. When everybody knew that Garrett was being “groomed” to be the head coach. Jerry hirer him prior to hiring Wade for crying out load.

Everyone knew that Garrett was the golden boy and the heir apparent, despite never really doing anything to earn being heir apparent.

at very least it was total organizational dysfunction. And of course Jerry is as much to blame as anyone.

Some are capable of seeing the truth, and then there's idiots like that guy.

Dre11

Reaction score
Plenty of players said Garrett was inept and you are side tracking yet again. Garrett was also demoted from play calling and Jerry said he wouldn’t touch the offense anymore in 2014.

You can make all the excuses in the want, Garrett BLAMED Ryan for the lack of TOS, which you claim is on the players for Garrett’s offense. And Garrett said it impact HIS OFFENSE.

so continue on with the excuses. It’s all they’re from the horses mouth, whose name is Garrett.. but you failed to understand the point that this has nothing to do with my opinion on Ryan and everything to do with Garrett..

So of he was demoted by Jerry, then why did Jerry say He was Moore's safety net if Moore struggled? the truth of the matter is Jerry wanted him to be more involved in all aspects of the team as a walk around coach and not just focused on offense

Big_D

Reaction score
We already knew this. Jerry set it up perfectly. His master plan really paid dividends!!

Dre11

Reaction score

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday that Garrett would be relieved of that duty moving forward, making him a so-called walk-around coach. In all likelihood, offensive line coach/offensive coordinator Bill Callahan will take over as the playcaller, presumably allowing Garrett to operate on a “big picture” level.

Jones insisted Tuesday that this was in no way a demotion for Garrett, who will enter his third full season as the Cowboys head coach in 2013.

“It’s not a step back for Jason. It’s actually a step forward for Jason in my mind,” Jones said, per the Dallas Morning News. “Make no mistake about it, when I hired Jason to come into the organization as a coach he was hired specifically for his skills for his abilities to call the plays. When he became the head coach, it was at my insistence that he continue to call the plays. It was not at Jason’s insistence.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/jason-garrett-relieved-of-playcalling-duties/1951945/

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And you love that piece of crap!! Lol!!!
when did I say I love him? I don't have pure hate in my heart like some people and as a result I don't buy every story that a never has been tries to sell on the radio because its the hottest thing these days and they all just like to pour it on, be on the air more and sell more advertising..... Jesse Holley is a nobody and was a nobody and stays a nobody. he should thank his stars that garrett had him on the team for him to get this opportunity in life, because otherwise he would be selling cars....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Follow me here for a second:

1. It wasn’t 9 TOs, it was 19 TOs in 8 games.

2. What you call top offenses were in passing yardage, not scoring. Garrett in his four years in charge of the offense was basically hovering around 15 and that’s because of our FGs. We sucked in the red zone. The year Sparano left, Garrett’s offense went from TWO to EIGHTEEN.

3. I know it’s hard to understand logic, but according to your husband Garrett, his inability to score was because of Rob Ryan. What exactly is your point regarding Rob not having a job right now? Jerry also said Garrett would be a walk around HC, demoted from play calling and not allowed to touch the offense.
actually one year it was #2 scoring....and the rest top 10...sooooo

and it was 9 TOs,,,,the game stats are on NFL.com. that's where I found the stats for the first 9 games before wade was fired....

and you brought up Rob Ryan...It made no sense in the conversation to mention Rob Ryan, one of the shietiest defensive coordinator ever in the NFL.

I never said garrett was a good head coach. I just don't subscribe to conspiracy theories and this magical power that garrett wielded over the Joneses..... jerry isn't an idiot. he just sucks as a GM.

and *** you and your sarcastic idiotic remark...perhaps garrett turned down your advances and you are a scorned lover, with an itchy butt still waiting for the red headed bull to ram you!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
when did I say I love him? I don't have pure hate in my heart like some people and as a result I don't buy every story that a never has been tries to sell on the radio because its the hottest thing these days and they all just like to pour it on, be on the air more and sell more advertising..... Jesse Holley is a nobody and was a nobody and stays a nobody. he should thank his stars that garrett had him on the team for him to get this opportunity in life, because otherwise he would be selling cars....
That nobody was in the film room. He knows more than you or me.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
We all know Wade went on to win a SB ring with Denver and appeared last year with the Rams. That alone speaks for itself. While Garrett has had 10 years and nothing to show for.

Garrett may or may have not sabotaged Wade but he has a SB ring and Garrett can take it up the azz.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exactly!!! He didn't let him change the plays until he became HC. That's my point
yeah, I remember you...on the sidelines, you managed the coaching staff head sets. you have first hand knowledge!!! :lmao2:

dude you hate garrett, we get it. you are pouring on. we get it. but seriously dude...

I am glad as everybody else that this era is almost over. but I have no hopes for it to be any better, given the other 5 coaches before garrett had similar results....

and it all points to one person.....who is more desparate by the minute.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I just think he’s an idiot, and you’d have to be a fool to believe that story that Garrett set out to get a promotion by sucking enough to get his boss fired.
LOL

You are saying Phillips was his boss?

That alone tells me you have to just excuse yourself from this debate and go find something else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.