Jets Cut Hunter

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Got this from another board.

News: The Lions acquired veteran safety Jon McGraw from the Jets in exchange for a conditional draft pick. The Jets also cut CB Pete Hunter

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bungarian said:

News: The Lions acquired veteran safety Jon McGraw from the Jets in exchange for a conditional draft pick. The Jets also cut CB Pete Hunter

Comes as no suprise. Hunter could have stayed in Dallas and competed at safety but he wanted to be a CB, problem is has not looked good when trying to play the CB spot

Gordon

Reaction score
I bet he's kicking himself now for giving up the opportunity to be a starting safety.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jets | Hunter Waived
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:15:06 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have waived CB Peter Hunter.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Guess we won't get that 5th round pick after all. Shoot. If he has his tail tucked between his legs, I'm sure the 'boys would consider taking him back.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
We still get a pick no matter what , right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I would sign him to play FS. What do we have to lose?

I would have no problem if Hunter returned to compete for FS, if he still wants to be a CB then no. Having said that I doubt Hunter will return.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I would sign him to play FS. What do we have to lose?

Coach Parcells would never do it. I think it is pretty clear Hunter was a huge disappointment and then his whining this offseason only sealed the deal.

Kilyin

Reaction score
We don't need Hunter, he's going to wish he had stayed here when it's all said and done. BTW, other thread got moved to NFL Zone.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
There goes that draft pick.

Any chance he'll decide he needs to play FS?:lmao2:

Was it a conditional pick ?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Worse, you mean LTN was right and McGraw could have been had? I wonder what the Lions had to give, and if we even offered anything for him?