Jets Cut Hunter

aikemirv

Reaction score
Reality slaps him in the face - mister " I want to play CB - not safety"!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
StarMan said:
I think we still get a 7th? for him.

We could bring him back and sign him for less than he was making with us to begin with. LOL

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
wow maybe we can pick him back up:D:D:D

BTW do we still get a pick if he gets cut

I think we get a 6th in 2007 draft instead of a 5th in 2006 draft now

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Just read on NFL,com the jets released Pete Hunter. Anyone no how that will effect the draft pick we got for him. Will Jerry and Bill take a look at him now as a possible FS.

NorTex

Reaction score
Let's bring him back as a waterboy. LOL...Kick 'em when they're down.

mullet

Reaction score
wow. cut before any cut day. ouch!
he wouldn't have made this cowboy team anyway.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
here's the story

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (Aug. 10, 2005) -- The New York Jets traded safety Jon McGraw to the Detroit Lions for a conditional draft pick.

The team also released cornerback Pete Hunter, acquired in a trade with Dallas last month.

McGraw, 26, was in his fourth season with the Jets after being drafted in the second round in 2002 out of Kansas State. He had 102 tackles and three interceptions in 33 games, including seven starts, and was a regular member on special teams.

But McGraw was plagued by various injuries during his tenure with the Jets, including missing three games last season with a groin injury and one because of an abdominal injury.

He started six games in 2003 before a shoulder injury ended his season. McGraw had 43 tackles and an interception in 15 games during his rookie season.

Hunter, 25, was a fifth-round draft pick out of Virginia Union in 2002 by Dallas and had 43 tackles, three interceptions and one sack in 30 games.

He played in only three games last season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, and missed some time early in training camp with swelling in the knee.

The Jets acquired Hunter on July 14 for a conditional draft pick

StarMan2112

Reaction score
mullet said:
wow. cut before any cut day. ouch!
he wouldn't have made this cowboy team anyway.

No he wouldn't have made the team. I liked Hunter's potential when we drafted him but he never showed me anything. I think this proves conclusively that he can't play.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
im glad we at least got something for him....

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
I posted this here but it got moved to the nfl zone? Why?

Edit: Now this one has been moved. I guess it is not Cowboy news.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Amazing the number of Jets defensive backs who have had to be 'offed' because Law was signed.

A valuable veteran nickle back (Mickens), a back-up free safety and good special teams player (Pagel), former starting FS and reportedly frontrunner at SS Jon McGraw, and of course, Pete Hunter.

Ty Law better be able to play at least three positions (simultaneously), because there won't be anybody left....