Twitter: Jets cut PK Brett Maher

khiladi

Reaction score
Even the same Jets were struggling last year and trying to find kickers, as per the Ringer article I quoted.

The Jets had Taylor Bertolet in training camp, but cut him and brought in Kaare Vedvik to start the season … and then Vedvik cost the team their season-opener against the Bills by missing both kicks he attempted.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, it’s personal to you. It’s not like the original poster mentioned Dak specifically to absolve him.

O wait a minute, HE DID So let’s see..

Smith, Zeke, Maher, even after all the evidence about kicking I pointed out, everybody else but Dak, yet here you are trying to play moderator specifically again.
You are only going to talk about Khiladi’s ‘obsession’ with Dak. My agenda may be Dak, but it’s clearly not YOU, like I am to you as of now.
lol - I suppose rational discussion and acknowledgement of the topic a person creates is a little personal since I use this site for entertainment.

But at least I don't have an imagined personal vendetta against a player. Do you really want to talk about who is taking things personally?

As for why this thread wasn't talking about Dak and blaming him for things, that's because the thread was about Maher ... lol. Even if Dak was the problem you claim, that doesn't somehow mean Maher wasn't a problem, or that there are no other problems on the team, or that there are no other topics about the Cowboys to discuss. To think that requires being delusional, which it seems you are.

By the way, I made comments about Maher in this thread. I respected the topic. You didn't, and you trying to point fingers at me to cover your obsessive behavior doesn't change that.

TELL ME THIS - if you are so invested in the "Dak sucks" narrative, why don't you start "Dak sucks" threads instead of trying to hijack threads on other topics?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He easily cost the Cowboys 3+ games, even though for some it's easier to blame Dak! lol

36ypb4.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
lol - I suppose rational discussion and acknowledgement of the topic a person creates is a little personal since I use this site for entertainment.

But at least I don't have an imagined personal vendetta against a player. Do you really want to talk about who is taking things personally?

As for why this thread wasn't talking about Dak and blaming him for things, that's because the thread was about Maher ... lol. Even if Dak was the problem you claim, that doesn't somehow mean Maher wasn't a problem, or that there are no other problems on the team, or that there are no other topics about the Cowboys to discuss. To think that requires being delusional, which it seems you are.

By the way, I made comments about Maher in this thread. I respected the topic. You didn't, and you trying to point fingers at me to cover your obsessive behavior doesn't change that.

TELL ME THIS - if you are so invested in the "Dak sucks" narrative, why don't you start "Dak sucks" threads instead of trying to hijack threads on other topics?

The original post did clearly mention Dak to try and absolve him, meaning it wasn’t just about Maher, and you still aren’t acknowledging it, all the while I still posted plenty on Maher and kicking in this thread as well, meaning I didn’t ‘hijack’ the thread and you are just making excuses and wasting time with this diatribe.. just stop making it personal and leave it. it’s simple..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The original post did clearly mention Dak to try and absolve him, meaning it wasn’t just about Maher, and you still aren’t acknowledging it, all the while I still posted plenty on Maher and kicking in this thread as well, meaning I didn’t ‘hijack’ the thread and you are just making excuses and wasting time with this diatribe.. just stop making it personal and leave it. it’s simple..
The OP was about Maher with only a sarcastic side comment about Dak, and even then only referred to 3 games that Maher cost the team, not the entirety of the season, or an overall defense of all things Dak. And, the OP didn't say anything about Smith or Zeke, which you also brought into the thread as a way to bash Dak.

The reality is everyone but you and Pappydog seem capable of discussing other topics besides their belief that Dak sucks. And, by the way, saying "Dak sucks" isn't really discussion, no matter how many different ways you say it.

Now, try the topic ... do you really deny Maher was a problem at times last year, and that he has been inconsistent?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The OP was about Maher with only a sarcastic side comment about Dak, and even then only referred to 3 games that Maher cost the team, not the entirety of the season, or an overall defense of all things Dak. And, the OP didn't say anything about Smith or Zeke, which you also brought into the thread as a way to bash Dak.

The reality is everyone but you and Pappydog seem capable of discussing other topics besides their belief that Dak sucks. And, by the way, saying "Dak sucks" isn't really discussion, no matter how many different ways you say it.

Now, try the topic ... do you really deny Maher was a problem at times last year, and that he has been inconsistent?
Maher sucked.

khiladi

Reaction score

Still making excuses.

1. The original poster is a avid Dak homer and defender and said Maher was responsible for at least 3 losses plus. So here you are simply not admitting you were wrong and now trying to color the Dak comment by the original poster as an side remark’.

Not only that, if his was aside remark, then I also made a side mark about how this is just another defend Dak response, while blaming somebody else, and then gave plenty of evidence regarding Maher’s kicking and the league as a whole.

So it’s patently clear your can’t admit your are wrong and this is just personal to you and you are doing this while I apologized to you publicly on this forum when I made it personal in the past. And you had said at that time you don’t take things personally, yet here you are..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still making excuses.

1. The original poster is a avid Dak homer and defender and said Maher was responsible for at least 3 losses plus.

2. I made a side mark about how this is just another defend Dak response, while blaming somebody else, and then gave plenty of evidence regarding Maher’s kicking and the league as a whole.
Don't worry. I've alerted Dak that you and Pappy are likely to be stalking him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Don't worry. I've alerted Dak that you and Pappy are likely to be stalking him.

Again, it’s obvious you are taking things personally. Like I said, spare me the moral high-card routine then.

khiladi

Reaction score
More personally than a creepy Dak stalker? I don't think so. lol

And yet you continue... Continuing to violate forum rules, while claiming you don’t take things personally. But carry on and I’ll carry on bashing Dak, as I’m allowed to as per its football and until a moderator clearly states I’m following rules, whether you like if or not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet you continue... Continuing to violate forum rules, while claiming you don’t take things personally. But carry on and I’ll carry on bashing Dak...
And yet, you continue …. in every thread you post in, regardless of the topic. Sorry if you don't like being called out, but someone who can only talk about Dak regardless of whether the topic is Maher, Tyron Smith or how many tomatoes to put in home made salsa isn't really here to contribute, just to push his obsession on everyone else.

khiladi

Reaction score
And yet, you continue …. in every thread. Sorry if you don't like being called out, but someone who can only talk about Dak regardless of whether the topic is Maher, Tyron Smith or how many tomatoes to put in home made salsa isn't really here to contribute, just to push his obsession on everyone else.

I continue talking about football on every thread, while you continue to color your personal grudge in some ‘noble cause’ and simply can’t admit your wrong, even when it’s a “side remark” by the original poster that even another poster clearly pointed out.

So now I push my agenda on anybody else, as if I have a gun to somebody’s head. Rich, now you are the “Defender of the Cowboys forum” superhero from my assaulting people on this forum threatening their conscience with my football opinions.. Again, moral high-card nonsense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I continue talking about football on every thread, while you continue to color your personal grudge in some ‘noble cause’ and simply can’t admit your wrong, even when it’s a “side remark” by the original poster that even another poster clearly pointed out.

So now I push my agenda on anybody else, as if I have a gun to somebody’s head. Rich, now you are the “Defender of the Cowboys forum” superhero from my assaulting people on this forum threatening their conscience with my football opinions.. Again, moral high-card nonsense.
Sure you do, as long as it is all geared toward saying "Dak sucks". Sorry Pappy … I mean Khiladi, but that's how it is. I shouldn't expect you to see your own obsession.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Still making excuses.

1. The original poster is a avid Dak homer and defender and said Maher was responsible for at least 3 losses plus. So here you are simply not admitting you were wrong and now trying to color the Dak comment by the original poster as an side remark’.

Not only that, if his was aside remark, then I also made a side mark about how this is just another defend Dak response, while blaming somebody else, and then gave plenty of evidence regarding Maher’s kicking and the league as a whole.

So it’s patently clear your can’t admit your are wrong and this is just personal to you and you are doing this while I apologized to you publicly on this forum when I made it personal in the past. And you had said at that time you don’t take things personally, yet here you are..
Maher did cost us at least 3 games last year. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it, @khiladi! What are you complaining about? Not getting enough Dak hatred attention today? ADHD acting up? Need a hug or a tissue? What is it?