Jets release players

DLCassidy

Reaction score
If your YPC is 26th, your yards gained is 13th, and TOP is 1st or 2nd, sounds to me like your passing game is doing a pretty good job converting 3rd downs. :)

I listened to every one of BP's PC's. I don't think he said EXACTLY that YPC didn't matter. What he did do was refuse to take the bait from reporters pressing him about his running game being ineffective on the basis of poor YPC #'s. He said something to the effect that possessing the ball and taking pressure off pass protection was a winning formula for the Cowboys and the running game was doing that for us. Now if he was asked "if you could run for more yards per attempt would it help?", which to my knowledge he wasn't asked EXACTLY that, there is no doubt, no doubt at all in my mind that he would have answered in the affirmative. After all, BP is not stupid.:)

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Parcells says lot of things doesn't he? Please show the link where he says yards per carry does not matter because I think that is a crook of ****
Parcells said it when discussing Hambrick and time of possesion actually I can remember him saying it on more than one occassion it was like his theme for 2003 LOL.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JIGGYFLY said:
Parcells said it when discussing Hambrick and time of possesion actually I can remember him saying it on more than one occassion it was like his theme for 2003 LOL.

OH YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT NOW!

You're going to be be told that is a crock of s.... er.... something. ;)

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
OH YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT NOW!

You're going to be be told that is a crock of s.... er.... something. ;)
Actually I can't beleive he has not heared Parcells say it before I am pretty sure he said it this year to when talking about the running game.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DLCassidy said:
If your YPC is 26th, your yards gained is 13th, and TOP is 1st or 2nd, sounds to me like your passing game is doing a pretty good job converting 3rd downs. :)

I listened to every one of BP's PC's. I don't think he said EXACTLY that YPC didn't matter. What he did do was refuse to take the bait from reporters pressing him about his running game being ineffective on the basis of poor YPC #'s. He said something to the effect that possessing the ball and taking pressure off pass protection was a winning formula for the Cowboys and the running game was doing that for us. Now if he was asked "if you could run for more yards per attempt would it help?", which to my knowledge he wasn't asked EXACTLY that, there is no doubt, no doubt at all in my mind that he would have answered in the affirmative. After all, BP is not stupid.:)

Well DL you missed a press conference cos that's EXACTLY what he said.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JIGGYFLY said:
Actually I can't beleive he has not heared Parcells say it before I am pretty sure he said it this year to when talking about the running game.

Well Jiggy... we've got some "flat earth folks" here and they won't believe anything that doesn't correspond to the agenda.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Well Jiggy... we've got some "flat earth folks" here and they won't believe anything that doesn't correspond to the agenda.
I have been on this board since it was on the other server and it continues to amaze me the seletive memory some have especially when it does meet there uh (do I dare say it) AGENDA :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Your right ypc does not mean a thing I guess if the back gets 1 yard a carry that is great that way you looking at 3 and 8 quite a bit. As I said Bill says a lot of things but I also know he ditched Hambrick quick as well as George because of lack of production and I know I have heard Bill refer to YPC as not being as important as holding on to the ball. Thing is he make a certain comment and you guys act as if it applies to all aspect and the fact is it doesn't he is making a point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
I have been on this board since it was on the other server and it continues to amaze me the seletive memory some have especially when it does meet there uh (do I dare say it) AGENDA :laugh2:

Yes it does like this crud that your trying to sell, show the exact comment Bill has made, all I get is your memory and you slam other peoples memories or is it you hear what you want to hear as well?

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Your right ypc does not mean a thing I guess if the back gets 1 yard a carry that is great that way you looking at 3 and 8 quite a bit. As I said Bill says a lot of things but I also know he ditched Hambrick quick as well as George because of lack of production and I know I have heard Bill refer to YPC as not being as important as holding on to the ball. Thing is he make a certain comment and you guys act as if it applies to all aspect and the fact is it doesn't he is making a point.

You can spin it anyway you want but the fact is he emphatically stated on more than 1 occasion TOP was more important to him than YPC so you take it up with Bill not me.

For the record I actually agree with what he said and the way he said it but you need a dominate D and a good kicker to be succesful at it.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Yes it does like this crud that your trying to sell, show the exact comment Bill has made, all I get is your memory and you slam other peoples memories or is it you hear what you want to hear as well?

Unlike some others I do not have the time or care enough to search for the exact comment I know what I heared on several occasions if you do not beleive me :tongue:

DLCassidy

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

:laugh2: Ok, I'll play. What's my agenda?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Our vaunted passing attack with the magical Bledsoe behind center was 15th.

Last time I looked 13 was better than 15. ;)

Go back and check where our passing game was ranked pre-Flozell injury and after.

You might be surprised by what you find, Bledsoe Hater.

ravidubey

Reaction score
YPC are critical in today's NFL because big plays win games. Look at two Superbowls: 1995 Dallas/Pittsburgh and 2005 Seattle/Pittsburgh.

In 1995 Pitt had 84 offensive plays (helped by a successful onsides kick and conservative approach) and only 17 points to show for it. The YPC was conservative, bolstered by no big plays. Meanwhile Dallas had a field-position changing 47 yard pass to Deion Sanders. Dallas won the game because you can only dink and dunk so much before it bites you in the butt.

In this last Superbowl, Pittsburgh used two big passes to break open and win the game while Seattle was unable to complete similar passes inbounds. Those plays were the difference-makers and most reflective of this is the YPC stat as total yards don't reveal the picture.

It's good to convert a lot of 3rd downs-- but it's far better not to have to convert so many.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Go back and check where our passing game was ranked pre-Flozell injury and after.

You might be surprised by what you find, Bledsoe Hater.

LOL!

I hate no one.

Hey, I'm not arguing that our passing game didn't become less efficient when Adams went down. Of course it did.

But I have no doubt that Bledsoe's stats would have gone down over the second half anyway.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
To me that 3 years is huge. And there's no doubt the NE o-line has been better than the Jets o-line.
I would agree that Fabini isn't as good a LT as Matt Light. Is he as good a RT as Tom Ashworth? Maybe even better. RT isn't as demanding a position. A three year deal for a 31 year old doesn't sound that risky to me but what do I know. it's a factor though and again it will likely come down to the money anyway.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
You can spin it anyway you want but the fact is he emphatically stated on more than 1 occasion TOP was more important to him than YPC so you take it up with Bill not me.

I have no doubt he said that. But that's not what this big debate was about was it?:)