Jets release players

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
I agree with you. I'm seeing other QB's getting more time in the pocket than Drew does yet it is all Bledsoe fault.

Of course many were getting more time.

I won't say the offensive line did a good job because they didn't.

But I will say 25% of those sacks were due to Bledsoe being Bledsoe.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Bottom line, we ALL know where Drew is weak. YES, he holds onto the ball too much at times. YES, he will force it some times. YES, he pats the ball so much, that the anxiety built up inside me makes me want to explode. Even with those shortcomings, IF you can give him some time - we're not talking excessive time here, just some - he can pick a defense apart. This blind dislike for the player who was the top ranked passer in the NFC for most of the season, with blocking that was getting progressively worse, and NO running game, is mind-boggling to me.

He can help this team, but this team needs to help him first.

I agree. I think Bledsoe is the least of the Cowboys problem and folks who cover the NFL have pretty much been saying the same thing. We have some folk who don't like Bledsoe and will use any reason to slam him. I'm to the point I don't bother to pay attention to them because they have their own agenda and it has nothing to do with the welfare of this team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Of course many were getting more time.

I won't say the offensive line did a good job because they didn't.

But I will say 25% of those sacks were due to Bledsoe being Bledsoe.

I think Bledsoe has caused some of his own sacks I don't agree that 1/4 of them were on him when I see guys blowing past our OT especially once Adams went down.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
Bottom line, we ALL know where Drew is weak. YES, he holds onto the ball too much at times. YES, he will force it some times. YES, he pats the ball so much, that the anxiety built up inside me makes me want to explode. Even with those shortcomings, IF you can give him some time - we're not talking excessive time here, just some - he can pick a defense apart. This blind dislike for the player who was the top ranked passer in the NFC for most of the season, with blocking that was getting progressively worse, and NO running game, is mind-boggling to me.

He can help this team, but this team needs to help him first.

I keep "hearing" no running game.

Heck we were 13th in the NFL.

Our vaunted passing attack with the magical Bledsoe behind center was 15th.

Last time I looked 13 was better than 15. ;)

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Come'on!

The devil?

Nah.

Slightly demonic?

Well... :)

You're right. My mistake.

bill-parcells-1-sized.jpg
=
devil.jpg

and

232506.jpg
=
demons_front.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
I think Bledsoe has caused some of his own sacks I don't agree that 1/4 of them were on him when I see guys blowing past our OT especially once Adams went down.

Is it unrealistic to think that Bledsoe caused himself 12 sacks?

I don't think it is.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Bottom line, we ALL know where Drew is weak. YES, he holds onto the ball too much at times.

a few months back there was a decent discussion of this comparing Drew to Eli under pressure (at the time both had similar stats overall). One of the conclusions from looking at data for 3rd and long was that Drew does take a hell of a lot of sacks whereas Eli didn't. However, Drew hit a lot more "home runs" than did Eli. While Manning was just throwing the ball away, Drew was looking downfield to make a play.

so what do you want? sacks or give up plays?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

3.6 yards a carry is not going to cut it. Dallas ran the ball a lot but were not overly effective in doing it. Dallas was the 6th worst at yards per carry.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
3.6 yards a carry is not going to cut it. Dallas ran the ball a lot but were not overly effective in doing it. Dallas was the 6th worst at yards per carry.

Purcells himself said "ypc don't matter".

I'll get his phone number for ya Doom. Take it up with him... I didn't say it. ;)

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

C'mon guy...you know that 13th in the NFL was a result of the extensive use of the run game, not the fact that it was actually effective. 3.6 ypc. 26th in the league. Right there with Detroit, and Baltimore. Our total is so high, because we were 5th in attempts. Whereas we ranked 18th in passing attempts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

I'll get his phone number for ya Doom. Take it up with him... I didn't say it. ;)

Parcells says lot of things doesn't he? Please show the link where he says yards per carry does not matter because I think that is a crook of ****

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

If he actually said that, that is the stupidest Parcells-ism I have ever heard. Of course ypc matters!:mad:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
Parcells says lot of things doesn't he? Please show the link where he says yards per carry does not matter because I think that is a crook of ****

Yeah Doom I made that up.

Pulled it right out of me hiney!

;)

Ahhhh- not.

I heard him in a press conference say EXACTLY THAT.

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Yeah Doom I made that up.

Pulled it right out of me hiney!

;)

Ahhhh- not.

I heard him in a press conference say EXACTLY THAT.

I'd need to see it in context. I'm not doubting he may have said that, because a specific number in terms of ypc, doesn't matter. But, ypc is a big way to measure the effectiveness of your run game. Obviously, it can be skewed by large runs, and such....I think maybe he was saying that as a stat, it doesn't matter. You can average 3.6 ypc, and as long as the run game is effective, the number itself doesn't matter. But, the fact is, we weren't getting 3.6 ypc. Often it was 2, -1, 3, 5, -2, 4, 6, -1, 0.....No consistency, from watching the games.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
I'd need to see it in context. I'm not doubting he may have said that, because a specific number in terms of ypc, doesn't matter. But, ypc is a big way to measure the effectiveness of your run game. Obviously, it can be skewed by large runs, and such....I think maybe he was saying that as a stat, it doesn't matter. You can average 3.6 ypc, and as long as the run game is effective, the number itself doesn't matter. But, the fact is, we weren't getting 3.6 ypc. Often it was 2, -1, 3, 5, -2, 4, 6, -1, 0.....No consistency, from watching the games.

Well at least you believe he said it.

Doom thinks I'm a yarn-spinner at this point... oh well, there goes HIS Christmas present. ;)

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Doom thinks I'm a yarn-spinner at this point... oh well, there goes HIS Christmas present. ;)

Yeah, but how it was said, is kinda important. Was there a boxing analogy involved? Or something about horse racing?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
Yeah, but how it was said, is kinda important. Was there a boxing analogy involved? Or something about horse racing?

He said it like...

"OK, it's like this.... laymen think ypc is a big deal. It's not--OK? It's all about controlling the clock. Hey and if some pencil neck doesn't understand that... well... tough. You see I've been doing this for a long time--OK? And I don't care what the fans think. It doesn't matter. By the way-- did you bring donuts?"

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
He said it like...

"OK, it's like this.... laymen think ypc is a big deal. It's not--OK? It's all about controlling the clock. Hey and if some pencil neck doesn't understand that... well... tough. You see I've been doing this for a long time--OK? And I don't care what the fans think. It doesn't matter. By the way-- did you bring donuts?"

No boxing analogies? No "lookit"? No "I like the player"? I'm disappointed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Not at all, I think you don't like Bledsoe and tend to go out of your way to slam him. Bill has commented serveral times about the poor play of the O-line, people who cover the Cowboys have time and again talked about the poor play of the line. We do not have a consistant running game and after a while teams just do not respect your running game and just pin their ears back and go after the QB. Our line play is bad and until we fix it we will continue to have problems on offense. This problem has not been just this season our line play has been bad for a while now. We have periods during the season where the line play does a decent job but overall it is in dire need and has been.