Jets releasing a bunch of players..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Sounds like a plan my man! I just think it would be foolish to ignore a player of Ty Law's calibur. We have to get him on this roster and find a place for him...no matter what it takes!:cool:

Actually, I think you'd be foolish to sign a CB when we already have 3 good ones.

Law isn't interested in playing FS nor is he going to come here for cheap.

Some of y'all need a reality pill.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Yeah, 10 million for a FS. That'd be a smart move.
$3.5m CAP HIT? What do you care? Look at what VT made in 1 year here - $5-6MILLION! Not to mention we went into last season $5M under cap. Law gets a 5-8 Interception season he's worth every $. And he's a Parcells vet warrior. And he's still young.

Poor deep safety play helped keep us out of playoffs in 2005.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Nors said:
$3.5m CAP HIT? What do you care? Look at what VT made in 1 year here - $5-6MILLION! Not to mention we went into last season $5M under cap. Law gets a 5-8 Interception season he's worth every $. And he's a Parcells vet warrior. And he's still young.

I should know better than to engage you on this topic -- but here goes. Why on earth would Law want to come here and play FS? Or are you going to give me the "move Henry to FS" line?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Nors said:

Yes it did.

Marcus Coleman would be a more logical signing than Ty Law if all things were equal.

Coleman would be cheaper and isn't nearly as damaged.

Law is a Poston client. That is an automatic strike against him in Coach Parcells' book.

Manster68

Reaction score
You know, if Dallas does sign Fabini and Law, what are the odds that the Cowboys take a linebacker in round 1?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Actually, I think you'd be foolish to sign a CB when we already have 3 good ones.

Law isn't interested in playing FS nor is he going to come here for cheap.

Some of y'all need a reality pill.
I would not sign Law, but if you can get a top tier FS to add to Roy, Terrence and Henry, say a demps or hope. Yikes. Roy would be a LBer playing deep or a LB playing the line. WHERE HE BELONGS. Chad Johnson would call in sick when we play them. T.O. would be seeing stars, and not on the field this time.

Roy needs a FS to cover him and allow him to play his style of ball. He cant be concerned with coverage as a primary skill, which is what we are asking him to do till we get a FS with a clue.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
I would not sign Law, but if you can get a top tier FS to add to Roy, Terrence and Henry, say a demps or hope.

I'd settle for an average FS. That would do wonders as well.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I've stated on numerous occasions that I don't think Law would ever come here. Not because it wouldn't help the team, but for a few simple reasons:

1. The Postons - Parcells doesn't like dealing with them.
2. He hasn't shown a desire to play FS. He stated last offseason he was a corner.
3. He is looking for one last big payday.
4. Someone, who needs a corner, will probably pay him.
5. Parcells has said he is too old for thugs. Law has gotten caught running from cops and trying to smuggle Ecstasy across the border.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Considering they're team in the NFL with the most likelyhood of having a firesale due to their cap situation, it would be foolish if we didn't. It would be a shame if everyone got so caught up in the "Parcells just signs his guys !!!!one" tired, old diatribes that we didn't recognize and appreciate the opportunity.

And, honestly, I think the former Parcells players that we have brought in have proven to be some of our most shrewd offseason aquisitions the past 3 years. Bledsoe, Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, Aaron Glenn and Richie Anderson have proven to be very good, quality signings for the price we've gotten them for. Fergie is still yet to be determined, and Ryan Young was a wash. That's still a pretty good batting average in free agency, considering Fergie was really that came with a premium price tag.

Couldn't agree more.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I wouldn't be suprised to see Dallas jump all over Fabini once he gets cut, sorta like how we did with Aaron Glenn, noone got a chance to talk to him before we hooked him up, I see the same situation with Fabini, and would love it

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
I've stated on numerous occasions that I don't think Law would ever come here. Not because it wouldn't help the team, but for a few simple reasons:

1. The Postons - Parcells doesn't like dealing with them.
2. He hasn't shown a desire to play FS. He stated last offseason he was a corner.
3. He is looking for one last big payday.
4. Someone, who needs a corner, will probably pay him.
5. Parcells has said he is too old for thugs. Law has gotten caught running from cops and trying to smuggle Ecstasy across the border.

reality is staring me in the face

sago1

Reaction score
Given his age (?) & coming back from triceps injury, I'd only be interested in him if his performance prior to injury was real good, physical showed he fully recovered & he is significant upgrade over Johnson. Then maybe sign him to 2-3 year contract in the range of $4M-$7M with $1M signing bonus w/incentives built in. With him at center, perhaps Johnson can learn what technique/leverage necessary to become our starting center after Mawae.

Signing Bentley would be first option, but we probably will get in bidding war which might significantly affect who else we sign in FA. Don't know enough about Fabini so defer to others whether he can get the job down for us.

Also read somewhere that FB Sowell was good blocker; can he also run pretty good or catch a ball? Frankly, I'd rather bring in a TE who real good blocker (like Campbell used to be) & also a threat in the running/passing game & get rid of Polite & not resign Campbell. And Jason Witten would only be used in the passing game until somebody teaches him to block.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
sago1 said:
Given his age (?) & coming back from triceps injury, I'd only be interested in him if his performance prior to injury was real good, physical showed he fully recovered & he is significant upgrade over Johnson. Then maybe sign him to 2-3 year contract in the range of $4M-$7M with $1M signing bonus w/incentives built in. With him at center, perhaps Johnson can learn what technique/leverage necessary to become our starting center after Mawae.

Signing Bentley would be first option, but we probably will get in bidding war which might significantly affect who else we sign in FA. Don't know enough about Fabini so defer to others whether he can get the job down for us.

Also read somewhere that FB Sowell was good blocker; can he also run pretty good or catch a ball? Frankly, I'd rather bring in a TE who real good blocker (like Campbell used to be) & also a threat in the running/passing game & get rid of Polite & not resign Campbell. And Jason Witten would only be used in the passing game until somebody teaches him to block.

I totally agree with you on Mawae, he would help whoever we plan to eventually take over for him like AJ or Gurode, hopefully the sooner.

Bentley would probably get a bigger contract than Rivera got last year too.

Sowell wouldnt be as expensive as some may think and is better at catching, running and blocking than Polite. Campbell may be let go simply because that is postion where we could go young and sign a guy like Jerame Tuman or draft a blocking TE.