News: JG to alter sideline operation

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Being reporters?

If you really meant that neither Jerry of Stephen have said that was the case, we can just leave it at that.

I really have no interest in arguing whether or not someone who works at Valley Ranch (Mickey has worked there for how long?) and has day-to-day interaction with the team is informed enough, or observant enough, to appropriately arrive at the conclusion that they did.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
what about the defensive plays? who is going to help kiffin? lets not forget this sorry defense.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Poor guy..is he keeps things the way they are the same gang of posters complain and call for him to do something..and when he does somethings they complain again….

You-cant-win.jpg

:cool:

khiladi

Reaction score
So essentially he's going to give the impression he is more involved....

Frozen700

Reaction score
More times than not, the reason for that isn't the playcall.. its because Tony thinks he's Peyton Manning and tries to make all these adjustments before the snap.

Yup..

He should just snap the ball blindly, and just run the play.

Yeah, only good can come out of that.

khiladi

Reaction score
I thought the offense was among the league best per Garrett supporters... Why the change?

Fredd

Reaction score
Here's how I see it going:

Wilson sitting with his head-set, next to Callahan
Callahan: "What do you think we should call?"
Wilson: "Wait, what? I have no idea"
Callahan: "Neither do I, but the play clock is at 25?"
Wilson: "Call the draw to Dunbar!"
Callahan: "Isn't he a speed guy? Shouldn't we run him to the outside to use his speed?"
the play clock is @ 10 seconds
Garrett (yelling into his mic): "What are we calling?????"
Callahan: "25 Draw, 25 Draw"
Garrett (shakes his head and says to Tony): "Sandlot time, do whatever"
play clock at 3, the giants have 8 in the box
Romo: "Kill, Kill, Kill.....****!!!!"
Referee: "Delay of game, offense, #9, 5 yards, repeat 2nd down"

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Anybody else thinking what I am thinking?

That this is basically Garrett taking play calling back over from Callahan without having to publicly do it. You say Callahan is going to be calling the play down to Garrett and then Garrett decides what to call into Romo. Seems like it is Garrett just taking play calling back over and not wanting to embarrass Callahan by demoting him in public. Does anybody think Garrett is not going to change the play call at all from Callahan? He is just going to relay the call into Romo. You dont need your head coach to do that , anybody could just repeat the call.

I think Garrett is going to be doing a hell of alot more than just repeating what Callahan said...............................and I dont have a problem with this either, if we dont make the playoffs he is fired.........go down on your own terms.

Garrett, Callahan...both offenses look alike to me.

khiladi

Reaction score
So it took how many years to realize Wade Wilson should be in the booth, because he reads coverages better? What exactly has he been doing all these years?

khiladi

Reaction score
The only real change is Wade is up in the booth.. Garrett has been on the sidelines 'coaching'. What exactly that means with Wade, who knows?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Wow, so Garrett is going to turn off Callahan's headset communication with Romo. Nice, we should win now.