Video: Jimmy J: Dak will get record contract because he deserves it

khiladi

Reaction score
Pay 40 million for Dak or draft a guy, pay him $700k-$5 million for the same performance or "close enough"? Sounds like a hard choice if one were emotionally invested...

For 2020 we're going to need interior DL, all new cornerbacks, all new safeties, possibly a new #1 WR and if I had a choice all new linebackers minus Lee. I can easily see a lot of money being throw around next offseason.

Possibly a LT, because if Smith’s back and lingering issues.

Even Jimmy basically referenced the supporting cast of Dak now, meaning pretty much everybody agrees that the roster surrounding Dak gives him no excuses.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I said IF IF IF..but yes better then 5yrs at 37mil imo, maybe on FT year but its an option..I rather use him to bridge the next guy..add to it the new HC/OC/QBC should have some say in this, can he further develop dak? its simply about what Daks demanding vs what hes worth...
This whole 37mil AAV is what kills anybody who tries to use this kind of point to a debate. Dak will never make 37mil in any yr. Those numbers are there for media to have something to talk about. Just like the Elliot and Lawrence deals they're getting paid good money but a good chunk of their deal is back ended.

Elliot can be cut in after 3 yrs Basically paying him only 2 yrs of that 6yr contract extension. Dallas basically is guranteed him money he was going to earn from his rookie deal anyways. People actually hating on this deal show their ignorance and how much they dont know reguarding his deal. And it infuriates me that people try and debate or even troll about it without even knowing the structure of his deal.

Lawrence could be cut after paying him 55mil at the conclusion of the 2021 yr, and have 10mil in dead money. Leaving 40mil in money they would save by not paying him the remaining two yrs. Again smart deal by the cowboys that can work a restructured extension with him getting him more guaranteed money from that 40mil sitting there but adding maybe a yr or 2 lowering his cap hit significantly.

I think you need to really start researching the team you root for instead of seeing a number copying and pasting it and calling it a bad deal. The fact that you would even use the number 37mil AAV just showed me you have no clue about what new deals mean to teams and how the way its structured affect or helps the team.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
If Jerry and Stephen actually pay Dak, it will doom the Cowboys for another 7 to 10 years. He is not now nor ever will be a
championship QB. Jerry will most likely do it because he's an oil man not a football man.
Paying Dak will would be a huge mistake that would drown this team for years to come. Jerry would soon find himself in GM hell for making this mistake.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This whole 37mil AAV is what kills anybody who tries to use this kind of point to a debate. Dak will never make 37mil in any yr. Those numbers are there for media to have something to talk about. Just like the Elliot and Lawrence deals they're getting paid good money but a good chunk of their deal is back ended.

Elliot can be cut in after 3 yrs Basically paying him only 2 yrs of that 6yr contract extension. Dallas basically is guranteed him money he was going to earn from his rookie deal anyways. People actually hating on this deal show their ignorance and how much they dont know reguarding his deal. And it infuriates me that people try and debate or even troll about it without even knowing the structure of his deal.

Lawrence could be cut after paying him 55mil at the conclusion of the 2021 yr, and have 10mil in dead money. Leaving 40mil in money they would save by not paying him the remaining two yrs. Again smart deal by the cowboys that can work a restructured extension with him getting him more guaranteed money from that 40mil sitting there but adding maybe a yr or 2 lowering his cap hit significantly.

I think you need to really start researching the team you root for instead of seeing a number copying and pasting it and calling it a bad deal. The fact that you would even use the number 37mil AAV just showed me you have no clue about what new deals mean to teams and how the way its structured affect or helps the team.
I do understand this, THE ISSUE IS DAK AND HIS AGENT TURNED DOWN THOSE CONTRACTS WHERE THE DC TRIED TO STRUCTURE IT IN THIS MANNER.. he is demanding a very short non team friendly deal, its not the per year cost its the structure that Dak and his representatives refuse to sign..

this is why the FT might be the best route IF dak doesnt let go of demands on the structure of the deal..

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I do understand this, THE ISSUE IS DAK AND HIS AGENT TURNED DOWN THOSE CONTRACTS WHERE THE DC TRIED TO STRUCTURE IT IN THIS MANNER.. he is demanding a very short non team friendly deal, its not the per year cost its the structure that Dak and his representatives refuse to sign..

this is why the FT might be the best route IF dak doesnt let go of demands on the structure of the deal..

Because the Cowboys offered a longer deal for less money. So they countered the deal with a shorter deal. Come on now, If youre going to debate atleast use the whole context.

LittleD

Reaction score
Paying Dak will would be a huge mistake that would drown this team for years to come. Jerry would soon find himself in GM hell for making this mistake.

There are many, many problems on this team and Dak is only one of them. A new HC will have to tear down and rebuild from the bottom up. It's sad we paid Lawrence and Zeke all that money and they have tanked the season. Making mistakes like this costs many seasons.

starfan1

Reaction score
agreed, im going Cousins route of FT twice while grooming a new guy if Dak wont budge off the rumored demands of being the highest paid QB... reality check- he doesnt deserve more then the qbs around his Tier ie Wentz or Goff area code..

what if Tua drops around 20 in the first round needs ye or two to heal and develop? do we go after him, will he fall dud to his recent surgery, how far? draft Tua FT dak twice and hand the keys to Tua , if Dak develops further Trade Tua//win win
why would we go after TUA? Im not certain that injury waiting to happen is all that much of an upgrade

blueblood70

Reaction score
why would we go after TUA? Im not certain that injury waiting to happen is all that much of an upgrade
if he has big slide, why not? develop into something with a new HC/OC/QBC , its a talent in Tua that was being projected at top 3 in the draft falls to 20? id say it might be worth a shot..i said If we need a backup plan for Dak given his status and the ways hes playing against the better teams. 6-6 with hi as our leader.. id say we need plan better then Rush..

romonumberone

Reaction score
It is easy for everyone to say pay Dak. It's not their money. It does not affect them one iota. I am sure Dak will get paid. People complain about him now. Imagine when he earns $36,000,000 a year instead of $2,000,000.

Say goodbye to a LOT of good football players that Dallas will no longer be able to keep..... Much less ever bringing in any new players. Like Charles Haley or Deion Sanders to get the Cowboys over the top.

After he started out 13-2 He has since gone 26-22. They need to run the football and get the O lineman back used to run blocking and being the road graders that they were. Occasionally mix in a pass or Dak run. The team has more talent on it than it did in 2016. We have added Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Robert Quinn, Leighton, Gallup. Moved Jones to corner, etc.

starfan1

Reaction score
if he has big slide, why not? develop into something with a new HC/OC/QBC , its a talent in Tua that was being projected at top 3 in the draft falls to 20? id say it might be worth a shot..i said If we need a backup plan for Dak given his status and the ways hes playing against the better teams. 6-6 with hi as our leader.. id say we need plan better then Rush..
well I guess I could possibly be on board with him as a back up if there is a big slide but that is only if you have used FA to address the gaping holes on defense. There's something to be said for BPA but this teams biggest needs are the defensive side of the ball and it don't matter if Roger Staubach back there if we don't improve some things on D were going to continue to be average unless axing Garrett improves things dramatically with different schemes

cern

Reaction score
And this franchise will be in even more shambles because of it
I think the cowboys will have to look at the situation very objectively and decide who it is they might lose should they give in to dak's demands. I think dak's shown considerable improvement in his skills and I applaud him for that. but i'm also coming to the conclusion he's a greedy person and doesn't give a damn who we lose because of his salary demands as long as he gets his.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Dallas has over 90mil in cap space. With most almost off of its core already accounted for on their future caps.

90mil in cap room
Release Tyrone Crawford add another 8mil
Dont exercise Flemings option add 4.5mil

102mil in cap space. How do they not have the room for cooper? Because im at a loss how you come up with this.

I’m not coming up with it. Just reading reports today that mentioned it. I’m not sure why they would let it happen either. But even if you get injury issues like the Rams do, you have a drop off. I’m just saying we thought the Rams and Goff were trending up. Scary to pay these days

Nav22

Reaction score
”Paying Dak will would”

You scared? Your bottom lip’s quivering, bum. You can’t even think straight.

Yeah, you totally know more about football than Jimmy Johnson.
:lmao2:

shabazz

Reaction score

Dakota has now dropped out of the top 10 in Passing Rankings. He was displaced by Jimmy G. Now facing the Bears and Rams will all but guarantee the slide will continue

.........Man, I didn't see that coming

Bigdog

Reaction score
I think reps use this to get more guaranteed money. Because if you look at most NFL contracts today, they can easily release the player after 4 yrs with minimal dead money remaining.
true

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Tua is 6'1" 210 lbs and can't take hits from SEC defenses. He will be injured quite frequently in the NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tua is 6'1" 210 lbs and can't take hits from SEC defenses. He will be injured quite frequently in the NFL.
so bigger then Murray, Wilson, and Mayfield? lol doubt thats factor with todays Offenses.. yes Tuas injurys the last two seasons are a concern but sometimes you take that risk if talent like him falls hard in the draft due to it..it was simply a thought..