Video: Jimmy J: Dak will get record contract because he deserves it

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nick Wright comes in with his whole do you pay the Qb while losing this this and that. Jerry shuts him down and basically outlines what Dallas is doing with its roster as a outlook of success.

Jimmy must hold a significant grudge against Jerry!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
So Pay Dak 60mil guranteed after 2 yrs under a franchise tag

When you could fit Dak close to or a little more than 50mil for those 2 yrs under a structured deal?

Exactly. If you pay Dak a long-term deal you could probably get out of it after two years. At most 3 years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
agreed, im going Cousins route of FT twice while grooming a new guy if Dak wont budge off the rumored demands of being the highest paid QB... reality check- he doesnt deserve more then the qbs around his Tier ie Wentz or Goff area code..

what if Tua drops around 20 in the first round needs ye or two to heal and develop? do we go after him, will he fall dud to his recent surgery, how far? draft Tua FT dak twice and hand the keys to Tua , if Dak develops further Trade Tua//win win
LOL!!!! Tua is not even in the same hemisphere as Dak, Wince or Goff. Tua is in the lower talent grouping level with Mariota, Winston, Gabbert, etc. at best.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I said IF IF IF..but yes better then 5yrs at 37mil imo, maybe on FT year but its an option..I rather use him to bridge the next guy..add to it the new HC/OC/QBC should have some say in this, can he further develop dak? its simply about what Daks demanding vs what hes worth...
Get over it. Dak is not going over it. You Dak detractors either need to accept it or move to another team because it's become beyond boorish hearing y'all complain for 3+ years now.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
so bigger then Murray, Wilson, and Mayfield? lol doubt thats factor with todays Offenses.. yes Tuas injurys the last two seasons are a concern but sometimes you take that risk if talent like him falls hard in the draft due to it..it was simply a thought..
And the three you mentioned haven't been injured. This team gets skewered all the time for taking players that were injured in college. Not sure they will do that with a QB when they have so many other holes to fill. Dak will get locked up long term.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dakota has now dropped out of the top 10 in Passing Rankings. He was displaced by Jimmy G. Now facing the Bears and Rams will all but guarantee the slide will continue

.........Man, I didn't see that coming
4th in QBR.
:lmao2:

shabazz

Reaction score
Get over it. Dak is not going over it. You Dak detractors either need to accept it or move to another team because it's become beyond boorish hearing y'all complain for 3+ years now.

But its not boorish to hear complaining about Jerry for 25 years? or about Garrett for 8 years?

All 3 have accomplished exactly nothing

jnday

Reaction score
”Paying Dak will would”

You scared? Your bottom lip’s quivering, bum. You can’t even think straight.

Yeah, you totally know more about football than Jimmy Johnson.
:lmao2:
I made a mistake. I am not really worried about , but you seem to be obsessed with anything I post. Once more, you resort to the personal insults. You just can’t help yourself.

jnday

Reaction score
LOL!!!! Tua is not even in the same hemisphere as Dak, Wince or Goff. Tua is in the lower talent grouping level with Mariota, Winston, Gabbert, etc. at best.
It is really sad that you actually believe this stutff that you are posting. Dak is not going to win a Super Bowl in Dallas. He will be One of the reasons the Cowsboys don’t win it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
agreed, im going Cousins route of FT twice while grooming a new guy if Dak wont budge off the rumored demands of being the highest paid QB... reality check- he doesnt deserve more then the qbs around his Tier ie Wentz or Goff area code..

what if Tua drops around 20 in the first round needs ye or two to heal and develop? do we go after him, will he fall dud to his recent surgery, how far? draft Tua FT dak twice and hand the keys to Tua , if Dak develops further Trade Tua//win win

And how's that working out in Washington?

Oh yeah, 10-18 since they moved on from Cousins.

Of course, Dak is far better than Cousins ever was.

But yeah, let's be dumb here.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
CAA will not negotiate with Jerry right now. They don't negotiate with anybody. It's top dollar or nothing with them.

Dak is banking on the CBA coming in soon with a much higher salary cap. That will put quarterbacks in the $50 million per year range. That's what they are waiting for.

No, quarterbacks will not be in the $50 million range, the top salary now is Wilson's $35 million, no way will the top salary jump up 40% or more in one year, eventually it will get to $50 million, but we're talking about Dak signing this year or this off season, wasn't the rumor he wanted $40 million? That's in itself a jump of only 14%, far below the 25% a salary of $50 million would be, over a theoretical $40 million, if Dak got that. Look at the history of the top quarterback salaries, it creeps up most years, doesn't make huge leaps, though it's happened a few times in the past.

Ultimately it's not up to CAA, it's up to Dak. CAA is Dak's agent, I seriously doubt he's signed a contract with them that gives them total control over what's accepted. But is Dak insistent on being the highest paid quarterback? You offer somebody something close to top dollar, and it's really, really tempting to take the offer. And there are different ways to be the "highest paid", is it the total contract, per year average or highest guaranteed? Dak could take an offer that fits any of those situations and still brag on being the "highest paid" quarterback.

And let's not forget, if Dak wants top dollar, just because Dallas doesn't give it to him, there's no guarantee any other team will. If teams truly want the "carry the team on his back" quarterback, I don't see that Dak is viewed as such, by ANY team in the league. Now would some team offer top dollar despite Dak not being able to "carry the team on his back", thinking they have or can build a top defense, top receiving corps or even top running game and Dak will be good enough to win rings? Sure, it's possible, some nutty owner like Dan Snyder could, just don't think it's likely.

Maybe, but Dak and his agent may not be able to know that, not signing with Dallas comes with the risk he'd not get as much as Dallas offered, ultimately.

Dak and CAA don't operate in a vacuum, and don't have just Dallas to contend with for a new contract, it's not cut and dried Dak will get $40 million or more just because Dallas didn't give it to him.

And it's also up to Jerry, I really think he views Dak like Jason, the "I'm smarter than anybody else, I'll show all you I saw in him what nobody else did" just to show that JERRY was the reason they won another Super Bowl or two or three, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he forked over $40 million to Dak....

Qcard

Reaction score

That is a plausible scenario!! The idea of Tua as QB1 makes me so giddy..

jsb357

Reaction score
He's just trolling JJ into signing him..

As he sits on the back on his boat and laughs at the on the field results.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That is a plausible scenario!! The idea of Tua as QB1 makes me so giddy..

Hold on there. First of all though the prognosis for his hip injury is good, he's starting to get injured, already missed a game or two with the ankle, which also required surgery.

Alabama has a ton of talent, every year, hard to judge how good he is being on a top team like that. Just what is the history of other Alabama quarterbacks in the last few years?

Well let's see:

Jake Coker, Blake Sims, A J McCarron, Greg McElroy, John Wilson, Brody Coyle. Any of those been a great, or even very good, NFL quarterback?

Now sure Tua has had better stats than those other guys, but he'll have to be a quantum leap better than those guys to depend on him to be your no. 1 guy.
You judge each player by himself of course but just need to be aware of the support he has now. People complain that Dak needs a top team around him to be successful, but that's exactly what Tua has had at Alabama....