Jimmy Johnson back in the fold? (Update Post 106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-cowboys-jerry-jones-after-ring-of-honor-add/

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Natural

Reaction score
"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Makes me want to go back and find some clips from Jimmy talking about the Cowboys in the media over the last few months. Could provide some insight to what Jerry might be looking to do this offseason if Jimmy is really in his ear.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Great news! No one better than Jimmy Johnson to give Jerry advice concerning the Dallas Cowboys.

As for those wishing Jimmy is giving Jerry advice to move on past Dak, Jerry's contract extension he will give Dak soon enough will answer your question.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this. I like that Jerry is opening his world to new things, like listening to Jimmy. But I don't know how close to the game and players Jimmy has been.

I am curious though. What did Jimmy tell Jerry about this team. Was it Jimmy who told him to hire Zimmer? Is that Jimmy's way of getting Jerry to fix the discipline on this team?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am back in the fold with the Cowboys.
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this. I like that Jerry is opening his world to new things, like listening to Jimmy. But I don't know how close to the game and players Jimmy has been.

I am curious though. What did Jimmy tell Jerry about this team. Was it Jimmy who told him to hire Zimmer? Is that Jimmy's way of getting Jerry to fix the discipline on this team?

I'll take an out of the loop Jimmy Johnson... in comparison to Jerry and Stephen who have both been close to the game for decades now. I think it's probably more a matter of what the needs might be. Not so much who but where and why. I know Jimmy will stress that front 7 after watching the GB game and hopefully Jerry will be listening.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Great news! No one better than Jimmy Johnson to give Jerry advice concerning the Dallas Cowboys.

As for those wishing Jimmy is giving Jerry advice to move on past Dak, Jerry's contract extension he will give Dak soon enough will answer your question.
And you will be very happy. I guess it's to be expected from someone who is a Dak fan first. The Dallas Cowboys will always be second fiddle to Dak in your mind.

RS12

Reaction score
Makes me want to go back and find some clips from Jimmy talking about the Cowboys in the media over the last few months. Could provide some insight to what Jerry might be looking to do this offseason if Jimmy is really in his ear.
He was on Cowherd show about once per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.