Jimmy Johnson back in the fold? (Update Post 106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Reaction score
Within certain bounds, this could be a great move for Jerry and the team.

Jimmy at his age & location, can influence - in a sanctioned capacity - GM-type matters (and do so remotely). And, let's face it...the Joneses need all the expert assistance they can get.

To the extent Jimmy's advice might embolden Jerry to meddle even further in on-field matters within the province of Mike McCarthy & his staff? Well...that could be interesting.

slick325

Reaction score
Can you imagine if by hook or by crook, by miracle or otherwise, the Cowboys win a Super Bowl soon? Cowboys fans, media and others will give credit to Jimmy Johnson, the advisory board, Mike McCarthy and Will McClay. Jerry would be LIVID! Lol...he'd ban every single one of those people from the Star and the stadium for life!

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
But I don't know how close to the game and players Jimmy has been.
He's a television analyst so he sees the games and the players.

Now college is a different story, I'd think it'd be hard for Jimmy to keep up with that without being a college coach. But we know Jimmy is a smart guy, maybe he has.

Guessing game...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jimmy: Thank you for the opportunity. I'd be glad to help as much as I can.

Jerry: So let's have it. What do you see? What do we need to do to take the next step?

Jimmy: Well you need to hire a real GM and get you and your son out of it.

Jimmy: Hello? ..... Jerry?....You still there?
:laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
he and Jerry been talking for years. But maybe now, Jerry will actually heed the advice.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Micah might be moved to another team if Jimmy were still here. If there is a big trade to be had, I think this is it. Either he or Dak. As far as Daks salary hit, NFL teams are desperate to find a Franchise QB and all I can say is, never say never. See Deshaun Watson and the trade to Cleveland. All it takes is 1 team to convince themselves Micah or Dak is the missing piece. I'd be curious if Jerry and Jimmy had this conversation. Don't the Raiders need a QB? What about the Cardinals? Patriots? We can't pay or extend everyone. Don't forget, we did think alot of Lance, and we like Rush.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can see JJ being a hired player personnel consultant. Like an oversee-er for quality control. Jerrys right hand man working in tandem with Stephen and McClay.

Rayman70

Reaction score
when Larry Lacewell retired Jerry lost a confidant. Can Jimmy be that? Details like that matter when team building.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let’s see how JErry takes that. He will need to say something to let everyone know he is still in control and Johnson is only giving his 2 cents. Jimmy was a great motivating and structural coach. But advising is not the same. Can’t hurt if he listens.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just takes 1 team to fall in Love with Dak or Micah to make a call and offer us something we can't refuse. I cant imagine the front office is very thrilled with Micah right now, running his mouth and openly talking about getting the bag. Especially when he vanishes on game day,then whines about it as if he did his job well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How would Bear fans react if we traded Micah to them in exchange for Fields? Then we could package Dak to Atlanta for picks. The Bear fans would be giddy thinking they just got Mike Singletary lol. They don't want Fields anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.