News: Jimmy Johnson has solution to Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott’s interception problems

conner01

Reaction score
Every QB is better with protection. Dak is no different. What do we do about it? Hopefully the o-line gels soon. Lots of moving parts.
I felt Tyron played better this eeek than last so by season end he should be his dominate self

conner01

Reaction score
Total horse****. Minshew looked like a HOF’er compared to Sak. Moves better and better pocket awareness. We can’t win with a QB who has to have EVERYTHING PERFECT.
Dak played much better than Menshew in every way
Some people let their hate cloud their judgement

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak played better but Minshew played pretty good the picks he had were good defensive plays

conner01

Reaction score
Dak played better but Minshew played pretty good the picks he had were good defensive plays
Menshew did play well
The ints were on the WR’s because they just got man handled on them
The throws were good throws
I said yesterday there aren’t 32 QB’s in the nfl better than he is
But the eagles team is a good team
The oline is really good, dline really good
If they have a weakness it’s their secondary

starfan1

Reaction score
Menshew did play well
The ints were on the WR’s because they just got man handled on them
The throws were good throws
I said yesterday there aren’t 32 QB’s in the nfl better than he is
But the eagles team is a good team
The oline is really good, dline really good
If they have a weakness it’s their secondary
Ya and that surprises me because going in I thought that secondary was a strength for them but Dak carved them up pretty good

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Ya and that surprises me because going in I thought that secondary was a strength for them but Dak carved them up pretty good
They were missing key cb with injuries so not playing a full deck either

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
IMO, I think Dallas hasn't been the same in pass protection (or run game) since Frederick went down. Biadasz is good, but he's no Travis Frederick

I think if Dallas can upgrade at C in the off-season, they should do it.

Likewise, Jason Kelce is the main constant that keeps that Eagles OL great.

Unfortunately, center is such a hard position to hit big with.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Any NFL QB can pick apart a defense with a clean pocket. I think Dak just needs to keep being aggressive and say screw it to the naysayers. This team didn’t get far in the playoffs with him playing conservatively in the past. Still make the run your bread and butter but be aggressive when you drop back to pass. Look to scramble when an opening is there and don’t be scared to go deep more often. He will have to play aggressively for this team to make a run. Sacrifice your body and screw the stats….

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Entire article.
Jimmy Johnson has solution to Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott’s interception problems (msn.com)

How can Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott stop his interception streak? Former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson has a simple answer. It’s up to the Dallas offensive line to protect Prescott.
“He’s got to have a clean pocket,” Johnson said on the FOX NFL Sunday pregame show.
“The conversation all week long has been Dak Prescott,” Johnson said. “Can he cut back on the
interceptions?”
Prescott has 11 interceptions in nine games this season, including seven in the past four games. He’s two shy of the career-high 13 interceptions he had in 2017.

“When you look at Prescott, a couple of years ago, it was the fumbles,” Johnson said. “He was fumbling too much. When he has a clean pocket, he is as good as any quarterback in this entire league.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is where I toot my own horn. I have been saying this over and over. Clean pocket, Dak excels. This Dallas offensive line is touted as being one of the best. Yet they give up so many hurries and that is the problem.

In a post last week, I offered a graphic showing Dallas is the 6th worst team in the league in this category. It was being discussed by Marcus Spears and a bunch of talking heads. Someone posted a graphic from the official Cowboys site stating they are one of the best offensive lines in the game.

I don't believe the official site. I believe what I see and that is defenders breaking through and moving Dak off his spot or hurrying him. He has to decide to throw the ball or take a sack.

But then I guess Jimmy Johnson could be senile now and this is the mutterings of an aged man who has had too many Heinekens and sunburns on his boat.

Dak was under pressure a lot in the Eagles game, and he still was throwing dimes. Even that INT was a perfect pass to the defender. Lol It was nice to see he was shredding a zone defense because that has been his kryptonite. Philthy even brought in Vic Fangio as a consultant. I would be any money they brought him in because Dak has owned the Eagles, and he supposedly drew up the blueprint on how to stop Dak with his fake blitzes then dropping back into zone coverage, as he did against us when he was with the Broncos.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Dak didn't play much better. If anything, Minshew was a tad better because he didn't throw a pass to a defender 5 feet away and hit him right in the hands for a pick 6.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Dak didn't play much better. If anything, Minshew was a tad better because he didn't throw a pass to a defender 5 feet away and hit him right in the hands for a pick 6.

The hate runs deep, don’t it? Check the stat line.
The haters can never give this guy any credit.

dlobell

Reaction score
The pick six in the Jags game had Tyron out on the right side and the defender he was playing across from got past him and one of the reasons Dak was rolling left.
Yeah since Tyron has come back, this line has looked worse. In reality it should look better. I watched Tyron get pushed hard a few times in the Philly game.

conner01

Reaction score
Maybe you should have watched the game
Dak threw more TD’s, high completion pct, had less ints and most importantly won the game

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Entire article.
Jimmy Johnson has solution to Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott’s interception problems (msn.com)

How can Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott stop his interception streak? Former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson has a simple answer. It’s up to the Dallas offensive line to protect Prescott.
“He’s got to have a clean pocket,” Johnson said on the FOX NFL Sunday pregame show.
“The conversation all week long has been Dak Prescott,” Johnson said. “Can he cut back on the
interceptions?”
Prescott has 11 interceptions in nine games this season, including seven in the past four games. He’s two shy of the career-high 13 interceptions he had in 2017.

“When you look at Prescott, a couple of years ago, it was the fumbles,” Johnson said. “He was fumbling too much. When he has a clean pocket, he is as good as any quarterback in this entire league.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is where I toot my own horn. I have been saying this over and over. Clean pocket, Dak excels. This Dallas offensive line is touted as being one of the best. Yet they give up so many hurries and that is the problem.

In a post last week, I offered a graphic showing Dallas is the 6th worst team in the league in this category. It was being discussed by Marcus Spears and a bunch of talking heads. Someone posted a graphic from the official Cowboys site stating they are one of the best offensive lines in the game.

I don't believe the official site. I believe what I see and that is defenders breaking through and moving Dak off his spot or hurrying him. He has to decide to throw the ball or take a sack.

But then I guess Jimmy Johnson could be senile now and this is the mutterings of an aged man who has had too many Heinekens and sunburns on his boat.
Put Tyron at left tackle. Put Tyler at left guard. Zeke will lol. Like 2016 zeke. The inside route t improves. Rt might be a problem but dak should be able to handle one guy the way romo did. Plus the t e can help. The biggest weakness if this team is , they can’t run inside consistently unless it’s behind zack. I e day they’ll move Tyler to guard but it’ll be too late when. Tyron and zack are washed.

Ken

Reaction score
when you have gomers looking for EVERY POSSIBLE EXCUSE for DAK you are dealing with morons
There are a handful of morons but they all nit pick excellent quarterbacking performances from Dak.

It is quite pathetic actually.

Ken

Reaction score
Isn't every quarterback better with a clean pocket? :huh:
Not every qb is "as good as ANY qb in this ENTIRE league" better with protection.

That is the point he is making.