Video: Jimmy Johnson: "I'm all in on the Cowboys"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with him. I think Dallas is the cream of the East as long as they can stay healthy and they already have a RT and LB out for awhile. Can't stand too much more.

I think they underachieved with the talent they had last season and were really closer to a 10 or 11 win team than an 8 win team. I think that team went mentally irregular during the season and many of the players had mixed emotions about that coaching staff. A team has to have ultimate confidence in their coaching staff and I believe they have more of that in this first year Cowboys HC than the one of the previous 10 years.

I think the other element to this is having a HC that likes to get everyone involved in the offense and he's got more weapons than he's had as a HC. I'd bet McC is more excited to get this first game going than he was as a HC in his very first game. His road to redemption begins Sunday night.

fredp22

Reaction score
I'm still a little concerned because he didnt say we could put it "in 3-inch headlines"

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We were running a Pop Warner Vanilla Offense and Defense with those clowns of a coaching staff. We are going to kiss some ***.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jimmie Johnson: I m all in on the Cowboys...I think they re as talented a team as there is in the league (VIDEO)

GettyImages-1196561920_1280x720_1785504323780.vresize.1200.630.high.33.jpg

The NFL on FOX crew discuss who will win the NFC East. Jimmy Johnson says he s all in on the Dallas Cowboys. Terry Bradshaw says the New York Giants will finish ahead of the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Football Team.

Read Full Story
can he put that in 3inch headlines? lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm always hopeful but wary, because obviously not everything is ideal. Having to play without Collins isn't ideal. The center position isn't ideal. The secondary isn't ideal.

While I see our strengths in the offensive backfield, at receiver, at DE and at linebacker, those less-than-ideal areas concern me until it's proven otherwise.

Don't know what kind of fan that makes me, but I just can't go all in like Jimmy, maybe because I've seen us fail too many times. I want to believe, but I guess I can only do it when I see it at this point.

I will say I am absolutely looking forward to finding out how this team will do under McCarthy. I'm excited about it, just not sold that the changes and additions will translate to a Super Bowl this season.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Don't know what kind of fan that makes me, but I just can't go all in like Jimmy, maybe because I've seen us fail too many times. I want to believe, but I guess I can only do it when I see it at this point.

Believe it or not, but you can be a fan with a sound understanding that things could go either way.

The extremists have almost ruined online fandom. Go too far one way, you're a homer. Too far the other way, you're an "Egals" fan or a traitor.

Then, you'll even get attacked in the middle. A pister laid out a decently solid breakdown of Philly's offseason and "paper tiger" status and immediately was met with resistance amd calls for his treason.

Just do you and keep posting your solid opinions, not worrying about what others think. Hopefully Dallas will pick up more wins than losses and we'll all be able to enjoy this season.

Go Cowboys!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On another thought...maybe Jimmy by saying this, is sending a message to Jerry. Hey, since I am going into the HOF, maybe you can add me to the ROH. I am ready now. And Dallas has a chance to be very good. :muttley:
He did come right out and say, "Jerry's right!", which I don't think I've ever heard him say before.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Good to hear but I believe it when i see it .... at this stage it is just words.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jimmy loves to set Jerry up for failure.
Yeah exactly. This isnt the first time he has done this.

He probably sits back and laughs. He had to know the deal w Garrett.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree with him. I think Dallas is the cream of the East as long as they can stay healthy and they already have a RT and LB out for awhile. Can't stand too much more.

I think they underachieved with the talent they had last season and were really closer to a 10 or 11 win team than an 8 win team. I think that team went mentally irregular during the season and many of the players had mixed emotions about that coaching staff. A team has to have ultimate confidence in their coaching staff and I believe they have more of that in this first year Cowboys HC than the one of the previous 10 years.

I think the other element to this is having a HC that likes to get everyone involved in the offense and he's got more weapons than he's had as a HC. I'd bet McC is more excited to get this first game going than he was as a HC in his very first game. His road to redemption begins Sunday night.
We are alot of things..

But "Road to Redemption" thru Big Mike?

Sounds like something Ozzie Osborne might sing.

:eek: