Video: Jimmy Johnson speaks on complacency

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Basically...

Jimmy would take Rodgers & Stafford over Dak

Jimmy talked about the triplets however he emphasized defense was key as they posted the number one defense

Jimmy thinks no quarteback would win with the Cowboys defense

He's not sold on MM at all.

Agree on all fronts.
The Stafford thing mightve been true 5 years ago. Hes injury prone now

HanD

Reaction score
Watch it again: the QB names mentioned were Rodgers and Stafford and JJ said BOTH were better than Dak and he would take EITHER over Dak.
I thought wiley mentioned stafford. Jimmy I think says rodgers and mahommes specifically.

Redline360

Reaction score
The Stafford thing mightve been true 5 years ago. Hes injury prone now

Think the article I read said he missed approx. 19-20 games his first two seasons however played in 152 of the 160 games since then.

Granted hes been on the injury game day report for knee and shoulder pains for years.

Dak has also had shoulder issues and now a broken ankle. Years ago that was a career ending injury. We/he got seriously lucky with no tendon damage however you always lose something with a serious injury like that.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I am talking about creating a game plan that features the same goals as the Jimmy era offense. Which would limit Dak's yardage, but control the clock.
This is the best method of ensuring you won't win a Super Bowl in the 2021.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One question I would have seen them ask him. "Coach, you were the most successful Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys under this present ownership, why?"

And my real question for him would be "Coach, who do you think the players think runs the football team, not the business, the football team?"

I agree with his assessment of the Prescott situation. Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers wouldn't have done much better because the team has the fatal flaw that has held back other teams like the Coryell Cardinals and Chargers that failed to accept that it is defense that wins it all.

This game is being billed as the changing of the GOAT guard, the defense that plays the best wins this game and the trophy and that will make absolutely no difference to the owner of the Cowboys.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
all I heard was Jimmy saying stats Prescott wasn't as good as Rodgers or Stafford. lmao. I remember reading on here how stats Prescott was the best quarterback ever.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Watch it again: the QB names mentioned were Rodgers and Stafford and JJ said BOTH were better than Dak and he would take EITHER over Dak.

Nice try. :rolleyes:

Either you need to clean out your ears or you're being dishonest. Wiley mentioned Stafford. Jimmy clearly said "give me Rodgers or give me Patrick Mahomes...they're both more talented than Dak."

That anyone would think for a moment that Jimmy had Stafford in with those guys tells me a lot about their QB opinions.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I thought wiley mentioned stafford. Jimmy I think says rodgers and mahomes specifically.

He did. We have a few folks who are either lying or hearing what they want to hear.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He did. We have a few folks who are either lying or hearing what they want to hear.

Wiley referenced Rodgers and Stafford and Jimmy then went on to reference Rodgers and Mahomes so one could have surmised Jimmy was answering Wiley's picks as well but no worries as you butthurts are always going to get your tampons in a bunch.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

1:35 mark

Anybody think Garrett or fat Garrett would talk/about Zeke like that?

And Jimmy told us his real thoughts on fat garrett at the 8:50 mark. He's trash that was carried by Rodgers. Jimmy tried to clean it up but that pause said it all.

Dallas Cowboys would have won 5-8 Super Bowls with Jimmy Johnson as Head Coach from 1989-1999 on that 10 year deal he signed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jesus. Imagine how good Pollard could be with Jimmy.
Pollard would start. Just sayin. He would have dealt Zeke by now for players and picks. Not that he is bad..just Jimmy being Jimmy. Always looking to the future.