Video: Jimmy Johnson speaks on complacency

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bryan broaddus said Matt Rhule was dissapointed Jerry didnt interview him :facepalm:
no offense to Bryan...he's an EX SCOUT or what have you for a reason. Rhule may be a flash in the pan and back in college in 2 years. Its all just speculation.
iu
I loved Bryan in this series

Buzzbait

Reaction score
oh crap, he said he would take Rodgers over the stats Prescott. Where are the groupies at?

I wouldn't want Rodgers regardless of the stats. And that's not a "groupie" speaking, that's an "I don't like Rodgers" speaking.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
1 season when the quarterback gets injured is hardly a fair measurement of this...

basel90

Reaction score

1:35 mark

Anybody think Garrett or fat Garrett would talk/about Zeke like that?

And Jimmy told us his real thoughts on fat garrett at the 8:50 mark. He's trash that was carried by Rodgers. Jimmy tried to clean it up but that pause said it all.

Basically what jimmy is saying
Dak is a nice guy and decent QB , not Rodgers or Stafford by any means
Dallas doesn’t have good management or forward vision to pick a better QB than Dak ( which we know , the cowboys could have gotten Brady for 26 mil , but do not think that way )
MM is a maybe !

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't want Rodgers regardless of the stats. And that's not a "groupie" speaking, that's an "I don't like Rodgers" speaking.
And I do wonder if the GB fans find him as arrogant and smug as I do. I have never seen any pro athlete more aware of the camera than Rodgers. And he gets more face time than any other QB, what's with all the closeups?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jimmy was a great head coach with the Cowboys, no doubt. Jerry and Jimmy were a great team then things soured on both sides. Jimmy is like Parcells. Neither were inclined to stick with any organization career long. After not reaching his goals with the Dolphins both as a head coach and GM Jimmy quit coaching all-together.

So even if Jimmy and Jerry remained best of buddies whose to say he would have hung around anyway for many more years. Jimmy's longest tenure has been as a football analyst at Fox NFL Sunday and the pandemic was a good reason for him not to travel to the studio anymore as the rest of his cohorts. Jimmy always beat to his own drum and there is nothing wrong with that.
Yes he did but it’s unlikely Jimmy walks away if still winning championships. And likely he’d of won a couple more.

The fact an owner wouldn’t do everything within his power to retain a back to back SB HC instead of letting him go in the manner he did will always be the story.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And I do wonder if the GB fans find him as arrogant and smug as I do. I have never seen any pro athlete more aware of the camera than Rodgers. And he gets more face time than any other QB, what's with all the closeups?
I’m sure Rodgers is behind all of those closeups directing the camera men.

With all of the arrogance we see in sports , Rodgers is the one who bothers you this much ?

I see it more as confidence and swagger. . But to each their own I suppose . Not sure what he’s done besides knocking us out of the playoffs to deserve such. Whatever

I think a strong argument could be made Rodgers could have taken one of the Romo and or Dak teams to at least a championship appearance.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a great interview. He's one of a kind and I'm thankful he was a Dallas Cowboys coach.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Excellent description of the guy. I fully agree. He's good, but he's not as good as he thinks he is.