Twitter: Jimmy Johnson tweet about Romo and Prescott playoff records

Legend

Reaction score
Again Troy was great...if your looking for an argument from me you wont get it..I watched every game he played as a Cowboy. And without a doubt your wrong if you dont think those are the best teams we have had to this very second since...period. Saying anything else is dead wrong and its not even a discussion.
You should know why the Cowboys have not won anything in 26 straight years. And will probably not win anything for several more years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You should know why the Cowboys have not won anything in 26 straight years. And will probably not win anything for several more years.

Yeah again what other owner calls the starting lineup, injuries, gameplan, anything like this every week before a game....

Legend

Reaction score
2007 team we lost to ---Osi, Strahan, Plax, Jacobs, Shockey, Tuck, Toomer, etc... Hate when people and talking heads bring this up!!! Go look at their roster that year, I do not care what their record was. They also won the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!
That does not matter.

The Cowboys had the first round bye and 13 pro bowlers and still lost to a wild card playoff team.

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys beat a 14-2 49ers team in the NFC Championship game who were the favorites to win the SB that year.

We quickly learned that Romo was not a big time player when he was faced with pressure and with win or go home situations.

The same can be said about Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
7-0 in first 7 playoff games as a starter with 2 SBs.

What more can you ask for?

The 2007 Cowboys had 13 pro bowlers and were one and done in the playoffs.
The 2007 team had maybe 4-5 legit pro bowlers
It was mid season popularity contest back then
Solid teambut nothing like those 90s SB teams

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Not really fair to lay it at their feet, though. This problem goes well beyond them.

20220118-044310.jpg

Whoa so basically the Cowboys have had more playoff wins than only 7 other teams?! :eek:

Legend

Reaction score
The 2007 team had maybe 4-5 legit pro bowlers
It was mid season popularity contest back then
Solid teambut nothing like those 90s SB teams

Yes but the 90s team was built up from the 1989 1-15 season by a coach who made it miserable to lose games.

Likewise, the team was a well oiled machine that dominated.

GoldenR

Reaction score
That does not matter.

The Cowboys had the first round bye and 13 pro bowlers and still lost to a wild card playoff team.

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys beat a 14-2 49ers team in the NFC Championship game who were the favorites to win the SB that year.

We quickly learned that Romo was not a big time player when he was faced with pressure and with win or go home situations.

A wildcard that beat the undefeated Patriots who some still consider the best team ever at 18-1? Trust me,it matters. Agree with you about Dak though.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
A wildcard that beat the undefeated Patriots who some still consider the best team ever at 18-1? Trust me,it matters. Agree with you about Dak though.

Yeah dont know anyone who considers that team the best team ever....Most know the pre cap 90's teams would kill them, but carry on with your Romo myth...I hear all the time "Man that Giants team was BETTER than the 85 bears thats how they beat the Patriots who everyone knows is way better than the undefeated dolphins"...I mean i have to say yup I hear you everytime i hear this....

morat1959

Reaction score
That does not matter.

Thank you! 6 of one…half a dozen of another.

Legend

Reaction score

It matters because they lost.

Throughout the 2007 season I heard people state this team may be better than the early 90s teams.

Well they should have took care of business in the playoffs and won the SB instead of the Giants.

Instead they went one and done.

plymkr

Reaction score
What is the one constant besides Jerry?

Who Jerry chooses to run the offense:

Garrett - inexperienced and then proven to not be very good. Who then hires Linehan which the NFL has passed by.

Kellen Moore - even more inexperienced than Garrett was (NFL longevity as a player)
The only other constant is the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. I think we can all agree that they're not the problem.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Yeah dont know anyone who considers that team the best team ever....Most know the pre cap 90's teams would kill them, but carry on with your Romo myth...I hear all the time "Man that Giants team was BETTER than the 85 bears thats how they beat the Patriots who everyone knows is way better than the undefeated dolphins"...I mean i have to say yup I hear you everytime i hear this....
Pre 90's teams would kill them??? 85 Bears? McMahon??? You have now lost your mind!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo didn’t get his second playoff win until his 9th year as the starter in 2014.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Pre 90's teams would kill them??? 85 Bears? McMahon??? You have now lost your mind!

Are you serious Brady and the offense lost to a defense that couldn't hold the 85 bears defense jock..are you serious...jesus, know some history. The 85 Bears had way more than 4 good D-lineman...If you think the Giants D-line compares to the 85 Bears D-line put it in black and white and lets go.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aikman’s playoff record for his first 6 seasons (as a starter in the playoffs) was 7-1.

He had some great teams and didn’t have to carry them. He had arguably the greatest OL in the history of the game. He had the all-time leading rusher in the back field and a Hall of Fame WR. He had a Hall of Fame head coach. The year he won his first Super Bowl in 92 the Cowboys had the number one defense in the league. Before Aikman had all that talent around him he couldn’t win a game and was being concussed. Don’t get me wrong he was a great QB but it takes a complete team to win. Aikman would’ve spent a lot of time on his back behind this OL and no running game.

He would’ve been chewing out receivers for dropping balls. He would have never had the career he did if he had to put the ball up all the time behind a suspect OL and no running game. Go back and look at his career when the team began to decline in the late 90s. He got booed and the fans wanted Randall Cunningham to replace him.