Jimmy Johnson would take Cutler over Romo

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2273234 said:
Cutlers the truth but hes not playing at the level Romo is.
Uhmm, actually he is at the moment.

Romo - 4 TDs, 2 INT, 632 yds 113.1 passer rating

Cutler - 6 TDs, 1 INT, 650 yds, 118.6 passer rating

If he sustains it throughout the season, then he and Romo will be battling for OPOY or even league MVP.

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
Cutler has an Elway like arm - he's big and mobile , he's the perfect build of a QB.
No brainer - you take Cutler over every QB today not named Peyton, or Brady.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2273245 said:
Say what you want, but those numbers tell a story. I saw the SD/Den game. Cutler is playing at a high level. No need to dump on him to prop Romo up.

I love Romo, but they're both playing lights out. Why not acknowledge that, especially when the stats back it up.

theogt;2273247 said:
He won't. But Romo will.
A long season ahead of him and he's healthy this year, so we'll see.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2273250 said:
Say what you want, but those numbers tell a story. I saw the SD/Den game. Cutler is playing at a high level. No need to dump on him to prop Romo up.

I love Romo, but they're both playing lights out. Why not acknowledge that, especially when the stats back it up.

No doubt. I've been riding on the Cutler train since his rookie year. He does everything you could possibly want.

I just think Romo is playing in terms of decision making a playmaking abilities as the Brady's and Peytons of the league.

Cutler is on his heels but hes still in the distance imo.

I love Cutler though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2273256 said:
No doubt. I've been riding on the Cutler train since his rookie year. He does everything you could possibly want.

I just think Romo is playing in terms of decision making a playmaking abilities as the Brady's and Peytons of the league.

Cutler is on his heels but hes still in the distance imo.

I love Cutler though.
Guess that's where you and disagree, I don't think the distance between Romo and him is all that great.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
38/53, 561 Yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT, 129.5 QB Rating

That's Rex Grossman after 2 games in 2006. I'm not saying Cutler is Rex Grossman. He's clearly better. But it's going to take much more than just 2 games to say he's playing at Romo's level.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2273260 said:
38/53, 561 Yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT, 129.5 QB Rating

That's Rex Grossman after 2 games in 2006. I'm not saying Cutler is Rex Grossman. He's clearly better. But it's going to take much more than just 2 games to say he's playing at Romo's level.
I guess that would qualify if Cutler didn't put up very solid numbers last year while battling diabetes.

And I do believe I qualified my comment that if he sustains it thru the season, he's going to battle Romo for the top spot.

Romo is clearly top 3 and has done it a bit longer, but one could argue Cutler is in the top 5 at the moment. He's certainly one of the tops in the AFC. So we'll just see how the season goes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2273270 said:
I guess that would qualify if Cutler didn't put up very solid numbers last year while battling diabetes.

And I do believe I qualified my comment that if he sustains it thru the season, he's going to battle Romo for the top spot.

Romo is clearly top 3 and has done it a bit longer, but one could argue Cutler is in the top 5 at the moment. He's certainly one of the tops in the AFC. So we'll just see how the season goes.
Diabetes or not, someone would have to put up a better than 88 QB rating in his most recent season to be considered in Romo's echelon.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Cutler is an outstanding QB, but IMO, he'll always lack something that you either have, or don't have. Moxie.

I'd like to give a shout out to my boy CC! What up CC!!!:D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If your goal is to win a SB then either QB could take either team to a SB and win. What's the point in arguing which is better? The goal is to win games and then a SB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jobberone;2273332 said:
If your goal is to win a SB then either QB could take either team to a SB and win. What's the point in arguing which is better? The goal is to win games and then a SB.

Jobber you didnt make your pick in pickem :(

Deep_South

Reaction score
Cutler is a good QB, could turn into a great one.

Whoopty do.

Maybe Romo and the Boys can beat him in the Super Bowl some day. That would be great.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2273336 said:
Either team could win. What's the point in picking which one is likely to win?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2273352 said:
what do u mean?
Just pokin' fun at this quote:

CATCH17;2273336 said:
jobberone;2273332 said:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they dont meet up in the Super Bowl at some point in their careers. Heck Denver is probably the 3rd best team in the AFC right now.