Jimmy Johnson would take Cutler over Romo

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jobberone;2273354 said:
rut row. can I still do it and can you steer me?

http://football.fantasysports.****************

It drops your worst weeks score so if u havent missed any other games your still good.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2273241 said:
Uhmm, actually he is at the moment.

Romo - 4 TDs, 2 INT, 632 yds 113.1 passer rating

Cutler - 6 TDs, 1 INT, 650 yds, 118.6 passer rating

If he sustains it throughout the season, then he and Romo will be battling for OPOY or even league MVP.

If Cutler sustains that rate he will have stats of:

48 TDs, 8 Ints, 5200 yds, he would win MVP

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Jay Cutler has a hell of a future in the NFL. Teams that passed him up for the likes of Vince Young and Matt Leinhart are probably already kicking themselves, even though it is still early.

I would not be suprised to see Denver push the Steelers this year for the best record in the AFC.

Not knowing anything about either one, I would personally take Jay Cutler over Tony Romo.

However, Tony Romo has alot skills that you can't measure.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theogt;2273339 said:
Either team could win. What's the point in picking which one is likely to win?

You can't keep score in the original argument. It's all subjective in the end. A game has a final score with a clear winner. Is that clear enough for even you theogt (knowing you're going to argue your point until hell freezes over).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2273368 said:
Jay Cutler has a hell of a future in the NFL. Teams that passed him up for the likes of Vince Young and Matt Leinhart are probably already kicking themselves, even though it is still early.

I would not be suprised to see Denver push the Steelers this year for the best record in the AFC.

Not knowing anything about either one, I would personally take Jay Cutler over Tony Romo.

However, Tony Romo has alot skills that you can't measure.

That goes for a lot of guys though not just Cutler.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;2273370 said:
You can't keep score in the original argument. It's all subjective in the end. A game has a final score with a clear winner. Is that clear enough for even you theogt (knowing you're going to argue your point until hell freezes over).
Dude, I was just kidding. The answer to both questions (why argue about football? why pick teams?) is, "because it's fun."

Why do people have such thin skin?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2273374 said:
Dude, I was just kidding. The answer to both questions (why argue about football? why pick teams?) is, "because it's fun."

If you think its fun now just wait until we win 28 -17 tonight and you'll see nothing but complaints on this board.

Your going to have loads of fun tonight.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CATCH17;2273366 said:

It drops your worst weeks score so if u havent missed any other games your still good.

Sorry but I missed last's week's, too. 10-6 week one though.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theogt;2273374 said:

I'm not annoyed but you seem to be. :) If it's just 'fun' then why argue about it. But then you wouldn't be you. :)

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
CATCH17;2273384 said:
If you think its fun now just wait until we win 28 -17 tonight and you'll see nothing but complaints on this board.

Your going to have loads of fun tonight.

Yep.

That is what I like about message boards, whether the Cowboys win or lose, it is always going to be something interesting said.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;2273393 said:
I'm not annoyed but you seem to be. :) If it's just 'fun' then why argue about it. But then you wouldn't be you. :)
"Argue." "Discuss." "Talk football." It's whatever you want to call it. Good times.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Alexander;2273224 said:
He has no running game support in Denver right now and is playing well.

Yeah Denver is only ranked 10th in the league at running the ball... no running game to speak of

:rolleyes:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CATCH17;2273366 said:

Where is your pick em thread? You should bump it once a week with scores or something. Just saying:D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyFan74;2273401 said:
Where is your pick em thread? You should bump it once a week with scores or something. Just saying:D
All pickem threads and such should be in the Fantasy Football zone. So if he makes one, it should be in that forum.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I would suggest filing this under who gives a rat's ***.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I have no problems with Cutler, hes looking stud-like right now. But I still like Romo better.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Kilyin;2273398 said:
Yeah Denver is only ranked 10th in the league at running the ball... no running game to speak of

:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. Too lazy to look it up so thanks.

Kilyin

Reaction score
jobberone;2273460 said:
I was thinking the same thing. Too lazy to look it up so thanks.

Not to mention, year in and year out Denver can put basically anyone at halfback and still are typically one of the top 10 running teams in the league. Cut blocking ftw.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Alexander;2273224 said:
Cutler also was guilty of nearly fumbling the game away against San Diego.

That was a "Romo play" right there. But there is one thing Cutler appears to be able to do that Romo never really has had an opportunity to do and that is take average talent and elevate it.

He had nothing at Vanderbilt and was the reason they contended. He has no running game support in Denver right now and is playing well. Romo has never really shined without players like Barber, Witten and Owens supporting him. Not his fault, just a reality.

If I were starting a team from scratch and had to pick between the two, I probably would take Cutler for that reason. He's proven he can carry a team. Cutler might not have the volume of comebacks, but he has done it. See the Buffalo game from last year for example. He also has not had many weapons around him either.

theogt;2273232 said:
TO, the O-line, and Witten didn't look quite like they do now with Bledsoe under center. It's all pure speculation when you get into this "he's only good because of the talent around him" talk.

IMO, there's nothing average about Royal or Marshall and their running game ain't in the tank either. Add to it the offenses are two different beasts. Who knows...............both are gifted at what they do.

Let's do this. Put them on the golf course and winner grabs the "better than" title. :D