Jimmy Johnson would take Cutler over Romo

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
both are awesome but Romo is alot more fun to watch........as a coach id take either..................as a fan give me Romo

sago1

Reaction score
Still can't get over the fact that John drafted Walsh, his former QB in Florida, cause he wasn't sure about Aikman. Nuts.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
hes just AMAZING. 2 td's in the 1st already. he may actually break the td record this year. romo has horrible brainfarts during EVERY game. that's the only negative against him, but its a pretty big one.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2273192 said:
Jimmy thought Cecil "the diesel" was all that too.

No, he didn't. He was taking a gamble that Cecil would be the running back Marino and the Dolphins needed to take them over the top.

Johnson got desperate in his attempts to find a running back so Marino could get that ring. So he took chances (see John Avery).

Unfortunately, it was harder to find quality running backs back then than it is today.

Eskimo

Reaction score
sago1;2273609 said:
Still can't get over the fact that John drafted Walsh, his former QB in Florida, cause he wasn't sure about Aikman. Nuts.

We lost out on Junior Seau because of that. Could you imagine our D in the 1990s with Seau at MLB. I'd take Seau over the bounty we got from Walsh which I think netted us Alvin Harper and couple other draft picks.

burmafrd

Reaction score
One thing about Cutler is his diabetes- that is a nasty disease and it could give him serious problems.

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;2273232 said:
TO, the O-line, and Witten didn't look quite like they do now with Bledsoe under center. It's all pure speculation when you get into this "he's only good because of the talent around him" talk.

Our offensive line was getting trashed when Bledsoe was in....

Eskimo

Reaction score
burmafrd;2274103 said:
One thing about Cutler is his diabetes- that is a nasty disease and it could give him serious problems.

The long-term complications from Diabetes Mellitus type I won't hit Cutler for many, many years. It'll be well after his playing career is over and there may be much better medical therapies coming in the next 10 years, anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about how diabetes will affect his career.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;2274103 said:

as long as he does what his doctors tell him to do, he should have no immediate effects in his football career. It takes diabetes a very long time to do its damage. I dont know what the exact numbers are, but I'm sure there are alot of professional athletes that play with diabetes.

Eskimo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2274387 said:
as long as he does what his doctors tell him to do, he should have no immediate effects in his football career. It takes diabetes a very long time to do its damage. I dont know what the exact numbers are, but I'm sure there are alot of professional athletes that play with diabetes.

The long-term consequences of well managed diabetes (type 1) shouldn't kick in for a good 25 years.