Video: Jimmy Johnson's 2023 Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Enshrinement Ceremony

Jipper

Reaction score
Man I teared up no lie. Seeing how much older everyone was now it’s shameful how long Jerry let it go on. That said it was a good moment for Jimmy and the 90’s squad. Although I was surprised more teammates from the era weren’t there.

Me too buddy..just watched it again and teared up again, so much of the joy from my childhood just comes rushing back

mrmojo

Reaction score
Man I teared up no lie. Seeing how much older everyone was now it’s shameful how long Jerry let it go on. That said it was a good moment for Jimmy and the 90’s squad. Although I was surprised more teammates from the era weren’t there.

I don't know, it seemed like their were quite a few of 90s players high fiving him when he entered the field.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The press conference was great, the stories both Jerry and Jimmy told when they first started to build the Cowboys is great insight.....they definitely needed one another and trusted each other in the early days to build the Boys back up.

Reaction score

YouTube hit me with a content warning and labeled the video as Blocked. I am posting an unlisted link. Hopefully it will play here. If not, the thread will go *POOF* soon.

@Kwyn , my apologies. Jones spoke for one minute three seconds. I was wrong but it certainly felt as if he spoke much longer. That said, I wished he had spoken far less, lol.

I'll bet there was one helluva after-party last night,,,

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I was flooded with emotion and memories. That early 90s era was such a source of pride and comfort knowing my team was so good.

I was a young man, newly married. Now divorced I remember my ex rolling her eyes at my fandom but still always buying me Cowboys gear for birthdays and Christmas and giving me wide berth to watch and enjoy the games. She was a good woman despite what our futures held.

The last 3 decades of football disappointment have in some ways mirrored the ups and downs of my life in that span. That ceremony was a reminder of what once was.
Wow man, thanks for sharing. Sounds so wistful. But especially the words about your ex are pure class man.

I was 13 when they won their first 90s Superbowl, so still got everything ahead of me. Married and started the whole kids thing late, just too many attractive women crossed my paths before lol. But now I have two small kids and hope they will become football / Cowboys fans too one day. Life went pretty well thus far, so my only melancholy goes to being young, independent and having fun all over the world. Now I'd never trade in these two small rascals for anything in the world but sometimes I do think about my 20s and 30s. Didn't have to grow up for a long time, now it all happened within two years lol.

Anyway, wish you all the best, hope you have found someone new and live a good life. Let's see if those Cowboys can make us witness another SB win in our lifetimes.

:flagwave::oldcouple:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn got me a again

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

Perhaps all these videos will finally put to bed a long-running and utterly stupid assumption that Jimmy Johnson did not really care about being put into the Ring. The man is human. He poured his heart and soul into achieving championships at the college and professional level.

He would be like anyone else who knew they did GREAT things but did not get proper recognition. Everyone around him knew what getting into the Ring meant. Everyone who comprehends what such an honor would mean to them can be emphatic to what it would mean to someone else. And in the end, all those who said Johnson did not care understand they were always wrong.