Video: Jimmy Johnson's 2023 Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Enshrinement Ceremony

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Glad he's finally in. So embarrassing when Jimmy has to act like it was a 50/50 deal with Jerry just to appease the manchild. We have 30 years of data to see what Jerry can and cannot do.
They've both acknowledged their roles back then. Jimmy was rebuilding the roster while Jerry was rebuilding the finances. The Cowboys were losing on and off the field, Jimmy and Jerry saved them.

Jerry later playing fantasy football is a different subject. It has nothing to do with what Jimmy was talking about.

Motorola

Reaction score
That ceremony was the most emotion I have felt for this franchise in years. Those were special times. I'm glad I experienced them.

As much of a critic as I've been of Jerry (and may still be), I thank him for giving us Jimmy. I also thank him for letting bygones be bygones, and finally celebrating what they accomplished together while they were both still around to enjoy it. Jimmy is where he belongs now.
I had resigned myself to believe one the principals (Johnson or Jones) would have to pass away before it happened.
Kudos to Troy and Charlotte for facilitating the circumstances to make the long overdue recognition happen this season.

Kwyn

Reaction score
They've both acknowledged their roles back then. Jimmy was rebuilding the roster while Jerry was rebuilding the finances. The Cowboys were losing on and off the field, Jimmy and Jerry saved them.

Jerry later playing fantasy football is a different subject. It has nothing to do with what Jimmy was talking about.
Love this take. Thanks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GCp806-XQAA25Zy

nobody

Reaction score
it took Charlotte and Troy to help make it happen, but it finally happened. I hope it finally buries whatever hard feelings remained between the two obvious lifelong friends. Egos ruin so many friendships. It's good they were able to hash things out before one of them passed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

YouTube hit me with a content warning and labeled the video as Blocked. I am posting an unlisted link. Hopefully it will play here. If not, the thread will go *POOF* soon.

@Kwyn , my apologies. Jones spoke for one minute three seconds. I was wrong but it certainly felt as if he spoke much longer. That said, I wished he had spoken far less, lol.

I absolutely enjoyed watching it. Well done to Jimmy, and I'm glad the right thing was done. It feels like the curse is lifting.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jimmy is a great speechmaker. So many former players, including some that werent like bob liliy ,staubach, tony dorsett, all guys who just liked him
as hc of the cowboys, alot of his players, his friends from fox too..