Video: Jimmy Johnson's 2023 Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Enshrinement Ceremony

streetcredit

Reaction score
GCp806-XQAA25Zy
The Quadruplets

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
It's been said before: WAY TOO MANY years have passed with Jimmy not being recognized in the ring of honor. I'm surprised Troy, Emmitt, Michael, Charles, Darren didn't decline entry or ask to have their names removed until Jerry inducted Jimmy.
Having said all that, Jimmy acted with class and dignity through the whole process.

Cmac

Reaction score
One critique, the rest of it was AWESOME...

why was he wearing an Eagle colored Tie?? We don't need some kind of weird new curse being inserted here....
Relax....the Eagles don't have a trademark on the color green.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Man I teared up no lie. Seeing how much older everyone was now it’s shameful how long Jerry let it go on. That said it was a good moment for Jimmy and the 90’s squad. Although I was surprised more teammates from the era weren’t there.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I was flooded with emotion and memories. That early 90s era was such a source of pride and comfort knowing my team was so good.

I was a young man, newly married. Now divorced I remember my ex rolling her eyes at my fandom but still always buying me Cowboys gear for birthdays and Christmas and giving me wide berth to watch and enjoy the games. She was a good woman despite what our futures held.

The last 3 decades of football disappointment have in some ways mirrored the ups and downs of my life in that span. That ceremony was a reminder of what once was.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

YouTube hit me with a content warning and labeled the video as Blocked. I am posting an unlisted link. Hopefully it will play here. If not, the thread will go *POOF* soon.

@Kwyn , my apologies. Jones spoke for one minute three seconds. I was wrong but it certainly felt as if he spoke much longer. That said, I wished he had spoken far less, lol.

I gotta give him props for not saying "Uh" once.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it took Charlotte and Troy to help make it happen, but it finally happened. I hope it finally buries whatever hard feelings remained between the two obvious lifelong friends. Egos ruin so many friendships. It's good they were able to hash things out before one of them passed.
It was a feel-good experience. Good for the whole franchise and fans to see them bury the hatchet and celebrate their success.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope the green tie was due to the wardrobe crew prepping for the presentation.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
It was one of the most emotional moments for me as a Cowboy fan. Seeing the generations of great players on the field together was inspirational as well. Even Randy White who I loved watching as a kid. That classic 4 point stance. Congratulations Jimmy Johnson! So long overdue but so well deserved.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Man I teared up no lie. Seeing how much older everyone was now it’s shameful how long Jerry let it go on. That said it was a good moment for Jimmy and the 90’s squad. Although I was surprised more teammates from the era weren’t there.

We all were a lot younger then. I was 27 and 328 when Jimmy won those titles. I feel like I have one foot in the grave now. lol