Twitter: Jimmy throws Garrett under the bus

DandyDon52

Reaction score
" I know the World Series, it’s huge. But perception... I think it sends the wrong message. Not only to the fans, but to the players. At 3-4, there’s work to be done."
well I am not sure , but the bye week is not a work week for anyone, I think, so nothing for JG to do.
I mean I guess he could go in and draw up some more of his great plays, but he could do that at home.

It does say that he is very secure in his job , and that is his main concern, not winning. It always has been his main priority.

Batman1980

Reaction score
The players don’t give a rip what coaches do on their bye-week days off.

The fans do, for some reason. But it’s idiotic. Even pro coaches work better with a work-life balance. Who really cares if some random fans who don’t get a vote that counts happen to disagree?

I care and we do get a vote. If the backlash gets bad enough, Jason will get fired.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I care and we do get a vote. If the backlash gets bad enough, Jason will get fired.

Lol. The fan backlash doesn’t matter a bit. When it affects revenue, then it’ll matter. And no amount of fan backlash is going to affect revenue. Jerry doesn’t care at all what you think as long as you’re talking about it and watching, and you’re doing both.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lol. The fan backlash doesn’t matter a bit. When it affects revenue, then it’ll matter. And no amount of fan backlash is going to affect revenue. Jerry doesn’t care at all what you think as long as you’re talking about it and watching, and you’re doing both.
yeah now I think jerry does care about the offense not scoring much and all the criticism , and that does affect revenue to some degree.
most jersey sells are for off players, and fans at games want scores, not 10-7 games.
So that is one reason he did the amari deal now , and also he think it is a fix that will get them in playoffs, but I think he is looking more
at jersey sales and fans at games.

Batman1980

Reaction score
yeah now I think jerry does care about the offense not scoring much and all the criticism , and that does affect revenue to some degree.
most jersey sells are for off players, and fans at games want scores, not 10-7 games.
So that is one reason he did the amari deal now , and also he think it is a fix that will get them in playoffs, but I think he is looking more

Yeah he knows Amari will sell jerseys but that will only last as long as he's productive. I doubt too many Dak jersey owners are too happy right now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...sm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%23000000&sr=amp

It’s not going to change.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Is it too early to be planning for the titans?? I think not. Bye week is for recuperating. Not for fun. This is the same guy always at stars and mavs games with witten and romo. How many championships did they bring us?
Exactly, Cern!!!

Did you here that @ESisback ?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think it exemplifies his mind set. Our offense has sputtered all season long. He should be focused on this aspect. He can watch the world series on tv. The best leaders work best under stress. Jmo, of course.
I get your point, but I don't think it means anything. What's the difference from watching it live or on tv minus what fans "think?"

cern

Reaction score
I get your point, but I don't think it means anything. What's the difference from watching it live or on tv minus what fans "think?"
Airline tickets. Hotel rooms. Bye week is about players getting a rest from the physical rigors of the game. Not coaches getting a break. I was a rickover guy so I'm hard core about some things. Imo, if things aren't going well, it's because you aren't doing enough. Just me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Airline tickets. Hotel rooms. Bye week is about players getting a rest from the physical rigors of the game. Not coaches getting a break. I was a rickover guy so I'm hard core about some things. Imo, if things aren't going well, it's because you aren't doing enough. Just me.
Everyone has lives, football is no different.

I am not taking anything away from JG being a ****** HC.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Any little bit of public criticism helps. In other news, Garrett clapping.

he is absolutely right. he has to spend the 7 or 8 hours it took to fly out, be at the game and fly back in studying film....

I understand he is human, he needs a break, but not now. not at this point of the season

John813

Reaction score
I don't think Jason has to worry about his players regarding the trip to LA. Doubt all 53 players where told to stay home and study/watch film while Garrett watches a baseball game.
Sure, most of the players used the bye week to unwind/recover in some fashion.

It just not a good look for some fans, which doesn't impact Jason's job in the slightest.

Jimmy is right only about the fans part, IMO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah he knows Amari will sell jerseys but that will only last as long as he's productive. I doubt too many Dak jersey owners are too happy right now.
Well I meant jerseys in general, if offense isnt good none of them will sell good, but if offense perks up then they all sell plus amari is new.

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe Jason should have taken that time to study how good coaches manage the clock and play to win, not to tie.

Reactions: BAT

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don't get this at all. It is a bye week. Every single player and coach step away from the game and as they should. Especially the head coach. They work 18 hour days during the season and it is a mental grind to the core. These guys are not robots but fans they should be. It's ridiculous. I am one of the biggest Garrett bashers but I don't see anything wrong with him going to a baseball game. It is not like there was a game on Sunday. Stupid to trash him for this.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Bad enough? I'm surprised that our fans haven't mailed threats to the guy. For some reason some fans can't separate their perception to reality.
There is enough to criticize him for, this isn't one of them.