Dorance Armstrong
Donte Fowler
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Noah Igbinoghene
Tony Pollard
Soon to be Gallup
If I forgot anyone my apologies, please feel free to add

Looks like Jimmys advice is lighting some fire for once in a very long time and getting rid of some scraps.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Dorance Armstrong
Donte Fowler
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Noah Igbinoghene
Tony Pollard
Soon to be Gallup

Looks like Jimmys advice is lighting some fire for once in a very long time and getting rid of some scraps.
I think you are on to something. This is more of a tear down than a, build on what we had situation and I’m liking it!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yep.....I have a sneaky feeling we are seeing the impact of some of Jimmy's advice to Jerry. Just too much of a coincidence he's back in the loop and appears they are willing to take two steps backward to gain one step.

Remember NO ONE saw the Herschel Walker trade coming.........their lack of free-agent activity defies logic, especially considering the starting positions that need replacements.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The suggestion they Jimmy is making decisions or even offering input on individual players, beyond maybe Dak, is highly suspect.

They had a conversation after the playoff. Jimmy offered an opinion or two. The call probably wasn’t longer than fifteen minutes.

That’s his “influence”

Oh, since you asked, and are making him the decision maker, don’t forget longsnaper Trent Sieg. The team needed to make a statement with their first signing and I heard Jimmy and Jerry had to pull an all nighter debating that one. I think they got it right though.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Dorance Armstrong
Donte Fowler
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Noah Igbinoghene
Tony Pollard
Soon to be Gallup

What makes you think that was Jimmy's idea? Jerry may have finally put Jimmy into the ROH, but that doesn't mean he decided to listen to Jimmy's advice. Jimmy may have tried to convince Jerry to be a little more active in FA, or maybe not let all those starters walk away without trying to do something to keep a competitive roster, but there's no proof it happened. As it stands now the franchise is in much bigger trouble than they were two months ago, and Jerry is the one to blame.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What makes you think that was Jimmy's idea? Jerry may have finally put Jimmy into the ROH, but that doesn't mean he decided to listen to Jimmy's advice. Jimmy may have tried to convince Jerry to be a little more active in FA, or maybe not let all those starters walk away without trying to do something to keep a competitive roster, but there's no proof it happened. As it stands now the franchise is in much bigger trouble than they were two months ago, and Jerry is the one to blame.
Don't shoot the messenger acr, I'm just laying down the facts, the truth is in the transactions.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You are probably right but to say this offseason so far, is odd is an understatement.
Absolutely and that’s why we have people connecting the dots or trying to with like “maybe they are letting dak go” or this is “jimmys” influence when in reality it’s likely way more likely that it’s the front office having an irrational confidence that their way of only building through the draft works.

“Well let them all go and we can easily replace them”

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Dorance Armstrong
Donte Fowler
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Noah Igbinoghene
Tony Pollard
Soon to be Gallup

how you forgot the STRONG stance we're holding with Dak, if he's influential in this, that's very good to get them to see about not letting him hold the world over their shoulders. Let him prove it, if they don't want that, thanks for your services, play this year out and you're gone. Or, if things REALLY get tough, we'll trade/cut ya!

daveferr33

Reaction score
I think there may be something to it.

Quotes from Jimmy:

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "Everything is hunky-dory now.

“I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

“We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay (playoff) loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do,” Jimmy said, “because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...-jerry-jones-advisory-board-coach-back-dallas

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Isn't that what Jimmy's job is now? I'm not saying he's definitely the reason for these decisions or for the lack of FA acquisitions, but I was under the impression that he was brought on for his input in these things.
ask others around here, he's not influential, he just had a call with jerry after the packers game, and that's all!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Isn't that what Jimmy's job is now? I'm not saying he's definitely the reason for these decisions or for the lack of FA acquisitions, but I was under the impression that he was brought on for his input in these things.
No lol…he isn’t employed by the cowboys at all. Not in any capacity form or shape. He made a joke about being in Jerry’s inner circle and talking to him after the packer loss and offering suggestions, that’s all and people aggregate it into he’s in some serious position.

It was a friend talking to a friend nothing more or less. I think people here are so frustrated about the disappointment that they cling onto the past and hope that jimmy has a say but he doesn’t.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
how you forgot the STRONG stance we're holding with Dak, if he's influential in this, that's very good to get them to see about not letting him hold the world over their shoulders. Let him prove it, if they don't want that, thanks for your services, play this year out and you're gone. Or, if things REALLY get tough, we'll trade/cut ya!
Most of these transactions are tied directly to the Dak situation as it stands.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you and many are overrating jimmy or anyone’s importance on Jerry. He isn’t the first person of influence to suggest stuff to Jerry and I doubt this is anything to do with jimmy
Agreed. Jerry Jones has been in the public eye for many decades. He is not the type of individual who has epiphanies.

In contrast, Jones does have a history of copycatting other front offices. It would not surprise me if certain moves this offseason have been influenced by what he has taken away from other clubs in the past.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think you and many are overrating jimmy or anyone’s importance on Jerry. He isn’t the first person of influence to suggest stuff to Jerry and I doubt this is anything to do with jimmy
He just finally put jimmy in the ring of honor, he's really close to him for that reason, and is OPEN to some of his ideas!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Most of these transactions are tied directly to the Dak situation as it stands.
I don't agree with that, we're not spending money, we weren't spending money when dak didn't count that much against the cap! We just don't like spending, but somehow claim to be a superbowl aspiring team!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Agreed. Jerry Jones has been in the public eye for many decades. He is not the type of individual who has epiphanies.

In contrast, Jones does have a history of copycatting other front offices. It would not surprise me if certain moves this offseason have been influenced by what he has taken away from other clubs in the past.
I wonder not to take the topic the wrong way, but I wonder how he actually feels about our starting qb, and if he's mentioned that to jerry in detail. The amount of time he's been here/vs the money you are thinking about paying him