Jimmy's influence

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Absolutely and that’s why we have people connecting the dots or trying to with like “maybe they are letting dak go” or this is “jimmys” influence when in reality it’s likely way more likely that it’s the front office having an irrational confidence that their way of only building through the draft works.

“Well let them all go and we can easily replace them”
What dont you understand about letting dead weight walk?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think you are on to something. This is more of a tear down than a, build on what we had situation and I’m liking it!
I like it too, but i'd like it more if we say what we're going to do with the biggest issue we have. We can try to replace these guys, but will we have success, it remains to be seen

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
Tyler Biadasz
Dorance Armstrong
Donte Fowler
Neville Gallimore
Johnathan Hankins
Noah Igbinoghene
Tony Pollard
Soon to be Gallup
If I forgot anyone my apologies, please feel free to add

Looks like Jimmys advice is lighting some fire for once in a very long time and getting rid of some scraps.
Cowboys would’ve re-signed all these guys if they were cheap.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What makes you think that was Jimmy's idea? Jerry may have finally put Jimmy into the ROH, but that doesn't mean he decided to listen to Jimmy's advice. Jimmy may have tried to convince Jerry to be a little more active in FA, or maybe not let all those starters walk away without trying to do something to keep a competitive roster, but there's no proof it happened. As it stands now the franchise is in much bigger trouble than they were two months ago, and Jerry is the one to blame.
I think they are exactly where they thought they would be two months ago. Think about it, you are running a multi-billion dollar franchise, and most, if not all your decisions are planned way in advance. Of course, most of us don't agree or even understand what's going on but I'm sure there's a plan. This is just me, but I'm not ruling out a Dak trade before the draft.......I know it sounds crazy but now everything is on the table IMO.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
What dont you understand about letting dead weight walk?
A front office that arrogantly believes that we 1)draft so well and run everything so well that we aren’t overpaying average players high dollars because we don’t believe in free agency 2) that their way works (despite the lack of post season success)

That’s what I understand. But cling onto those glory days and believe yes, this is all jimmys work. Jerry jones who waited 30 years to put the guy into the ring of honor bc of ego , the man who won’t hire a gm, is now letting jimmy dictate the roster.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay (playoff) loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do,” Jimmy said, “because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott.”

Meaning … Jerry asked. Jimmy advised. And a new “board member” was added.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A front office that arrogantly believes that we 1)draft so well and run everything so well that we aren’t overpaying average players high dollars because we don’t believe in free agency 2) that their way works (despite the lack of post season success)

That’s what I understand. But cling onto those glory days and believe yes, this is all jimmys work. Jerry jones who waited 30 years to put the guy into the ring of honor bc of ego , the man who won’t hire a gm, is now letting jimmy dictate the roster.
If you don't see a rebuild taking place in preparation for the "event" than I can't lead you any closer to the water.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
"We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay (playoff) loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do,” Jimmy said, “because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott.”

Meaning … Jerry asked. Jimmy advised. And a new “board member” was added.
This has already been disputed dude…the board comment was a joke

visionary

Reaction score
this is only relevant if we do not resign Dak. At least then you could say that they have a plan, may work or may not. This i can accept

If we resign Dak before season start then you know that these idiots are still the same hapless morons they have always been because Dak and France have been very clear that they are taking the franchise to the cleaners. I think this is much more likely

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
“For the record, there is no official or unofficial Dallas Cowboys advisory board that owner Jerry Jones listens to before making decisions.

Jones has long sought out the opinions of others.

But most decisions are made in concert with coach Mike McCarthy, vice president Stephen Jones and personnel director Will McClay.

So the news former coach Jimmy Johnson is now part of a Cowboys advisory board should be taken with a grain of salt or least the jovial spirit in which it was announced by a chuckling Johnson on a Miami radio show that has since gone viral.”

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Absolutely and that’s why we have people connecting the dots or trying to with like “maybe they are letting dak go” or this is “jimmys” influence when in reality it’s likely way more likely that it’s the front office having an irrational confidence that their way of only building through the draft works.

“Well let them all go and we can easily replace them”
I think we all just wanna hear/see something that gives us an idea of their plan to address a couple of major issues .....starting with the cap and Dak's extension.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No lol…he isn’t employed by the cowboys at all. Not in any capacity form or shape. He made a joke about being in Jerry’s inner circle and talking to him after the packer loss and offering suggestions, that’s all and people aggregate it into he’s in some serious position.

It was a friend talking to a friend nothing more or less. I think people here are so frustrated about the disappointment that they cling onto the past and hope that jimmy has a say but he doesn’t.
And you are certain of this HOW?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they are exactly where they thought they would be two months ago. Think about it, you are running a multi-billion dollar franchise, and most, if not all your decisions are planned way in advance. Of course, most of us don't agree or even understand what's going on but I'm sure there's a plan. This is just me, but I'm not ruling out a Dak trade before the draft.......I know it sounds crazy but now everything is on the table IMO.
I would think most observers would agree their plans have been made in advance. It seems there is a disagreement in how well this front offense strategizes in advance. The OP's list is the latest example questioning proper and efficient advance planning signed off by Jones.

morasp

Reaction score
"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone. I talked to him about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

If you look at those three, MM hasn't been extended, DQ is gone, and Dak hasn't been extended.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
And you are certain of this HOW?
See the last post I made and that it’s been talked about ad nauseam how jimmy was joking, he was laughing as he was saying it. Clearly, a joke.

Beyond that not one major news outlet reporting that jimmy works for the cowboys in any capacity. Not one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See the last post I made and that it’s been talked about ad nauseam how jimmy was joking, he was laughing as he was saying it. Clearly, a joke.

Beyond that not one major news outlet reporting that jimmy works for the cowboys in any capacity. Not one.
^ This.

It may be possible some members were not updated about Johnson's comment in context. Here is a link for anyone that may be helpful in that regard:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/jimmy-johnson-back-in-the-fold-update-post-106.522185/post-13435388

MikeT22

Reaction score
No lol…he isn’t employed by the cowboys at all. Not in any capacity form or shape. He made a joke about being in Jerry’s inner circle and talking to him after the packer loss and offering suggestions, that’s all and people aggregate it into he’s in some serious position.

It was a friend talking to a friend nothing more or less. I think people here are so frustrated about the disappointment that they cling onto the past and hope that jimmy has a say but he doesn’t.
Yeah, I doubt Jimmy is spending his days on his boat off the Keys playing GM for the Cowboys.