JJ Mccarthy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas should move mountains to go get him.
He doesnt have a powerful arm, but its strong enough to threaten the deep part of the field. What I like about his arm is he can throw different speeds

My issue with him as a pro QB is his passing vision is hit or miss. Especially when the pocket breaks down. That is going to have to get significantly better if he is going to be a quality pro starter

XXLMike

Reaction score
This is it we need a defensive stand here a touchdown end the game we will fold like a cheap suit

raven55

Reaction score
better look to georgia for your players we could've drafted a top guard in the 1st round and then in 2024 got the top TE out of georgia and he makes this year's TE look like dirt

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I’ve watched him play 3 times over the last 2 years. Gotta say I’ve been underwhelmed. He’s certainly a really good college QB surrounded by a lot of talent. What do you see that makes him special?
He ain’t special. Not worthy of a 1st round pick IMO. But a team that really needs a QB will reach for him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’ve watched him play 3 times over the last 2 years. Gotta say I’ve been underwhelmed. He’s certainly a really good college QB surrounded by a lot of talent. What do you see that makes him special?
Because he is a gunslinging QB that was put into a run first system. Most of the big name QBs in the draft were surrounded by a ton of talent, if it's a knock on him then it's a knock on all of them.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
My favorite QB in the draft by far.

Been saying he was underrated for months now. The guy can throw a great ball with plenty of velocity. He has a great arm, and can throw a dart on the move when improvising.

That’s the kind of QB every team wants these days.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No brainer first-round pick. Should go in the top 10.

Oddly, he's a better QB than a thrower at this point - which is opposite of what I usually like - but if he can get a little stronger on the deep ball, there's a ton there to like.
what is so special about him? not a great arm. not overly impressive. had great team around him. great coach. he is an average NFL QB at best

mattjames2010

Reaction score
what is so special about him? not a great arm. not overly impressive. had great team around him. great coach. he is an average NFL QB at best
He has attributes that work well in the NFL - good size, good arm (you don't need a cannon), and can throw darts when he's on the move. I would say he's the closest thing to the modern prototypical QB in the draft.

He's rising for a reason - casual fans knocked him due to system rather than evaluating.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He has attributes that work well in the NFL - good size, good arm (you don't need a cannon), and can throw darts when he's on the move. I would say he's the closest thing to the modern prototypical QB in the draft.

He's rising for a reason - casual fans knocked him due to system rather than evaluating.
I didn't see the arm. If he can't consistently make the out sideline throw, he is not going to make it. He was also surrounded by a lot of NFL talent and an NFL coach.