JJ on Dak: Watch what he does, not what he says

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How many dents do they take against Jordan Love at home in the playoffs? Asking for a friend
Not applicable. We were talking about high end QB's. Nobody is "really" surprised when a mediocre QB loses even to a youngster. :muttley:

Cmac

Reaction score
DearJerry.......many of us watch what you say in comparison to what you do. This is what we see:

GK2A5200.jpg

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jerry has used this tactic before on Dak's last contract negotiations. Jerry will create doubt and ppl will hang on his every word, and tv shows will talk about the situation for months. It's all a show, welcome to the circus. The ish is boring to me, I believe it when I see it.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Jerry can talk all he wants about "hanging around the rim" and saying "Dak can win a Super Bowl."

But the bottom line is, the actions of this front office do not reflect that there is a strong belief in any of that.

If they truly believed any of this, they would have had Dak's extension done prior to free agency. They would have supported him with signing Tyron back for peanuts, getting an RB1 and some help at DT. It could have been done easily, all of it...

But they don't believe it. They don't believe Dak is the guy anymore. They have felt this roster was good enough the past 2 years to win a SB, and they rightfully feel we didn't get there because of Dak. "We will go as far as Dak takes us," and "“Dak has done nothing to change my mind [about] any promise for the future. …We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that’s how far we went.”

There's a saying that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Well I think Jerry now believes what his eyes have been telling him, and I believe what my eyes are telling me about how this FO feels about Dak as the QB of the Cowboys.

They will continue to string things along, keeping the drama alive...will they, won't they? Keeping the talking heads talking Cowboys and the conversation about if Dak is good enough being argued back and forth on every radio and TV show.

But at the end of the day, any steps they could have taken to support their luke warm endorsements of Dak as the QB of this team have been ignored, the biggest one being getting him signed to a contract.
IT SOUNDS LIKE Jimmy Johnson might be a strong voice in the room. Concerning Daks contract extension. It could be something is brewing with Dak and the draft.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not throwing basically two pick 6s might as well.
Well if the receiver catches those other two and the offense keeps moving and ends up scoring on both those drives the game is maybe 14-14 and the QB is not forcing the ball trying to jumpstart the offense. Maybe if the running back who was going to be "top 5 once Zeke gets out of his way" gained some yards or maybe if the defense quit giving up a TD on every drive we're not in panic mode on offense. Football is a team game.. People continuing to act as if it's not are just blowing hot air IMHO. People need to set aside their hate for this player or that player and worry about the overall team issues. At least that's what I do. I know no one player is responsible for all of it so I never act that way. The team played bad.. So I'm mad at all of them for it. But you do you.. Enjoy..

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well if the receiver catches those other two and the offense keeps moving and ends up scoring on both those drives the game is maybe 14-14 and the QB is not forcing the ball trying to jumpstart the offense. Maybe if the running back who was going to be "top 5 once Zeke gets out of his way" gained some yards or maybe if the defense quit giving up a TD on every drive we're not in panic mode on offense. Football is a team game.. People continuing to act as if it's not are just blowing hot air IMHO. People need to set aside their hate for this player or that player and worry about the overall team issues. At least that's what I do. I know no one player is responsible for all of it so I never act that way. The team played bad.. So I'm mad at all of them for it. But you do you.. Enjoy..
The team includes Dak, and Dak played terrible. In the past few playoff losses the team played well enough and Dak still looked lost and confused. Eventually you have to look at how consistently bad he's been and realize that as the highest paid player, by a LOT, you have to not be part of the problem, and he consistently is.