JJ on Dak: Watch what he does, not what he says

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys don’t think Dak is Mahomes but they believe he is a good quarterback that can take the team to the Super Bowl. Let’s stop with board and media crap. What is really going on is Dak(France) believes he is on Mahomes level and should be paid as such. The Cowboys are like ok Dak, prove it. Basically if Dak does not win the Super Bowl he will not resign here. I don’t think any animosity is between the two sides. Dak will be given 10 years to win the Super Bowl.

Kirk Cousins can win a Super Bowl.

Hes also on his 3rd team.

Doesn’t hurt to move on and admit you can’t win a title while paying a guy like Dak like he’s Patrick Mahomes.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yes. Do you know what type of ego you need to be a professional quarterback? I am being nice, Dak thinks he is better. Let me put it to you this way, Lance probably believes if he was San Francisco quarterback instead of Purdy, they would have won the Super Bowl. These guys have supreme confidence.
I don’t know about that. We are talking Mahomes here. When the lights are out and Dak is alone he knows he is nowhere near that.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kirk Cousins can win a Super Bowl.

Hes also on his 3rd team.

Doesn’t hurt to move on and admit you can’t win a title while paying a guy like Dak like he’s Patrick Mahomes.
This roster the past 3 years was good enough to make at least the NFCCG. If we had a solid qb that just didn't panic and run around lost for most of the game we would have gotten there. With an elite level guy like Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, or Allen we would have made it to at least 1 SB, likely 2 or 3. And before anyone scoffs at Allen, his only problem has been running into Mahomes and Burrow every year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know about that. We are talking Mahomes here. When the lights are out and Dak is alone he knows he is nowhere near that.
Pretty sure he's thinking that when the lights come on in January too.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whole Team . . . Blah blah.. . Nobody stepped up . . . blah blah . . . everyone is at fault . . . blah blah . .. If . . If . . . If . . . gonna Retool . . . blah blah . . . not just Dak's fault . . . blah blah

Anyways back to reality . . . Dak is a lame duck because Dak is lame . . . which is not saying much for His fan boysh

Sorry but it has been 8 years of this rhetoric from Dak apologists and i can not hear it any more . . . Nothing but half truths and excuses while deflecting
Dak must be in the Guinness Book of World Records as most excuses posted on social media.

khiladi

Reaction score
Defense lost that game. Offense didn’t help but they were down 2 scores in a blink of an eye. 48 points to GB? One of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. Quinn is a disaster.
No, the defense eventually folded in the play-offs, because their LBs were hurt, after two years of elite play against the 49ers, while Dak sucked and continued to suck this year against good teams. But at least you have given up on Dak, so we got no beef.

Proof

Reaction score
You are unbelievable. Actually throwing CD under the Bus. It wasn't enough He carried Dak on His back. He is entitled to a little frustration running routes and having to catch Dak's balls
i'd have to do the research, but when's the last time a wr had a historic season w/ a bum throwing to him?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
The thing about the Cowboys is they want to keep the fan base. Its more marketing then anything. They don't want to tank or rebuild, but if they do its going to have some story with it. Right now they are setup for an easy transition from Dak and McCarthy. It'll be easy to let those two ride out their contracts. Dak's had 9 years and no Superbowl, its time to move on. Really if you look at it, the problem has been poor drafting lately outside of Parsons and Bland. They neglected the trenches for so long they could use 9 new starters in the trenches. Dallas isn't going to do anything this year.

It will take this year to maybe get 2 starters in the trenches and next year to maybe get another 2. If they have to draft a QB early on day 1, next year is the time to do that. Sanders and Ewers are coming out, along with Allar, Weigman, Beck, etc. It'll be fun to watch Arch Manning take over for Ewers in the Bowl game for Texas this year (I assume Ewers won't play). I just don't see Dallas ending up with a top 5 pick, so they'll have to settle for the second tier and maybe a day 2 QB unless they trade for next year's 1st in the upcoming draft. Regardless, whoever they pick and maybe they go with Lance( which I doubt because then they would have to pay him) won't have an Oline or a RB, possibly not even Lamb, so it'll be tough. Now that I think through it, Id draft two OL this year and two Dline. Get a RB and LB in the late rounds and just set it up for next year's QB who will get a hall pass the first year or two. Dallas is 3-4 years away from doing anything in my opinion, unless a new HC comes in and can turn it around faster.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No, the defense eventually folded in the play-offs, because their LBs were hurt, after two years of elite play against the 49ers, while Dak sucked and continued to suck this year against good teams. But at least you have given up on Dak, so we got no beef.
LVE would have made zero difference in that game.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
everyday i wake up i tell myself this is happening more and more... i explained to my ravens friend a week and a half ago the cards are not on the table to re-sign Dak...he sort of believed me but didn't think it would happen

it's happening and let's embrace Trey...something we haven't had in a decade is fresh, young, UNPROVEN talent...our roster was good enough to make a 4th round pick rookie of the year and second-team all-pro...why are you guys so against developing a 1st/2nd round prospect?

Mcclay even stated the team had a high 2nd rd grade on Lance - not the 1st that was given by the 49ers.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Jerry can talk all he wants about "hanging around the rim" and saying "Dak can win a Super Bowl."

But the bottom line is, the actions of this front office do not reflect that there is a strong belief in any of that.

If they truly believed any of this, they would have had Dak's extension done prior to free agency. They would have supported him with signing Tyron back for peanuts, getting an RB1 and some help at DT. It could have been done easily, all of it...

But they don't believe it. They don't believe Dak is the guy anymore. They have felt this roster was good enough the past 2 years to win a SB, and they rightfully feel we didn't get there because of Dak. "We will go as far as Dak takes us," and "“Dak has done nothing to change my mind [about] any promise for the future. …We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that’s how far we went.”

There's a saying that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Well I think Jerry now believes what his eyes have been telling him, and I believe what my eyes are telling me about how this FO feels about Dak as the QB of the Cowboys.

They will continue to string things along, keeping the drama alive...will they, won't they? Keeping the talking heads talking Cowboys and the conversation about if Dak is good enough being argued back and forth on every radio and TV show.

But at the end of the day, any steps they could have taken to support their luke warm endorsements of Dak as the QB of this team have been ignored, the biggest one being getting him signed to a contract.
Where does this "signing Tyron back for peanuts" idea come from?

That $6.5 million number is a joke and should not be used by anyone. Sure, they could have him for that number...if he didn't play any games. How is that helpful?
If he plays as much as you'd like/need him to, you're looking at $15-20 million. Not sure how that's peanuts.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You still calling Dak critics Haters? Bro it ain't 2017 anymore. Read the room
Critics got football knowledge you show nothing.
This team has more problems than just Dak we can't run the ball we can't stop the run

Our coach can't manage the clock or prepare the team.

Until you can do those most basic of football tasks you will never win in the playoffs no matter who the quarterback is.

Those things need to be addressed first before you draft a quarterback you assemble him protection and give him a running game .

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Where does this "signing Tyron back for peanuts" idea come from?

That $6.5 million number is a joke and should not be used by anyone. Sure, they could have him for that number...if he didn't play any games. How is that helpful?
If he plays as much as you'd like/need him to, you're looking at $15-20 million. Not sure how that's peanuts.
It's a great contract. If he plays the whole year he's worth the 15 to 20. He was the top rated pass blocking LT in the game last year and that contract isn't even in the top 5 of LTs in the game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Lol. . . The madness of Dak got everyone frustrated. It us joke at this point. If it wasn't for Jerry this joke would be out of the league already. Only solace I can take at this point is the Fact Jerry still has to shell out all that money for his failed experiment

Cd's momma can say anything she wants, her boy made Dark an MVP candidate
Yeah he made him look great in that packer game when he dropped that ball in his hands in the middle of the field cuz he heard footsteps.

His mama would have probably had the guts to catch that ball and take the hit.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jerry can talk all he wants about "hanging around the rim" and saying "Dak can win a Super Bowl."

But the bottom line is, the actions of this front office do not reflect that there is a strong belief in any of that.

If they truly believed any of this, they would have had Dak's extension done prior to free agency. They would have supported him with signing Tyron back for peanuts, getting an RB1 and some help at DT. It could have been done easily, all of it...

But they don't believe it. They don't believe Dak is the guy anymore. They have felt this roster was good enough the past 2 years to win a SB, and they rightfully feel we didn't get there because of Dak. "We will go as far as Dak takes us," and "“Dak has done nothing to change my mind [about] any promise for the future. …We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that’s how far we went.”

There's a saying that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Well I think Jerry now believes what his eyes have been telling him, and I believe what my eyes are telling me about how this FO feels about Dak as the QB of the Cowboys.

They will continue to string things along, keeping the drama alive...will they, won't they? Keeping the talking heads talking Cowboys and the conversation about if Dak is good enough being argued back and forth on every radio and TV show.

But at the end of the day, any steps they could have taken to support their luke warm endorsements of Dak as the QB of this team have been ignored, the biggest one being getting him signed to a contract.
how is this diferent from 2020..2019..again your taking it as Jerry thought Dak held us back..what he said could've easily meant he felt Dak is the only reason we were there...trying to decipher what Jerry says is futile..first you have to believe he means any of it to begin with..."I'm all in this year" well no one thought he meant what he meant....

fivetwos

Reaction score
No argument from me. I just don't believe there is another QB in this league that could have won a SB with the talent they had. Forget win one, even get there. Rodgers is a great QB, and he needs more help. One SB appearance in all of these years. GB did very little to support him all of these years. But we don't have Rodgers, we have Dak!

I'm not saying the Jones boys don't know what they are doing. But if they didn't know what they were doing, what would they do differently? Nothing.
I really don’t mind a handful of very bad seasons if it forces them to go the Parcells route again.

That’s our best hope. The problem is that all major free agent signings will still be blocked, and it’s just not possible to draft well enough for their plan to work.

So even with major change, things still stay basically the same.

Very little hope for the future and that’s depressing.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how is this diferent from 2020..2019..again your taking it as Jerry thought Dak held us back..what he said could've easily meant he felt Dak is the only reason we were there...trying to decipher what Jerry says is futile..first you have to believe he means any of it to begin with..."I'm all in this year" well no one thought he meant what he meant....
You may be right, but ask yourself if this year feels like the others. Then look at the action, or inaction, they have had in regards to signing Dak or anyone else. Then look at the statement I put in bold again and add it all up.